YesNoOk

Ikemen GO bug reports (Read 478288 times)

Started by Gacel, September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
Share this topic:
Ikemen GO bug reports
#1  September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Hello everyone!
This tread is for reporting bugs with any active Ikemen GO branch.

What versions we could report?
The versions of Ikemen GO that we accept bug reports are:
Gacel's fork: https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO
K4thos fork: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus

Ikemen Plus is a whole different application written in a different programming language and their bugs should not be reported there.

Were I can get updated executables?
You can get the latest build from:
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen-GO/releases

How to report bugs
- You should include the crash log if Ikemen GO fails to open or abruptly closes. (Found inside the Ikemen.log file)
- Include the version of Ikemen GO that you are using. (Visible at the footer on the main screen)
- If it's a crash caused by a char also include what char were you using.
- Inform of  the Current OS used. (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc)
- If is related to a feature not working properly please inform on what char does it happens.
- If a stage does not display properly please give the info on the stage used.

Missing features from Mugen 1.1 / S-SiZe Ikemen
- There are some "cheapie" exploits with ReversalDef, AssertToClipboard and DisplayToClipboard that does not work on Ikemen GO. This is not posible to add because they depend on memory mapping unique to the Mugen exe.

For a list of know bugs and feature request please check the GitHub repo:
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen-GO/issues
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:50:38 pm by Gacel
Re: Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs
#2  September 09, 2019, 11:33:19 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

>Animated portraits only work on windows.
I don't seem to be getting them on Windows 10.

Also I mentioned in the normal thread that Infinite's SVK Characters (Available here in Infinite-edits: onedrive.live.com/?id=B2DC6A83E2E5BC77%21112&cid=B2DC6A83E2E5BC77) have their super afterimages remain active after supers, and they only go away if they jump, for example.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  September 09, 2019, 11:39:11 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
You need Mugen's command line files.
It creates folder where all sprites from a char are extracted and it uses a lot of HDD space.

I really do not recommend using it. It was made for the original S-SIZE Ikemen in mind and really needs a rewrite.

Also I added the Infinite's SVK Characters bug it to the list.

EDIT:
Okay update on the bug.
It seems that it uses AfterImageTime to set the timer to 1 once it finish the special but for some reason it does not work.
I'll try to replicate it on a KFM edit.
Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:21:53 am by Gacel
#4  September 10, 2019, 12:25:52 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
As I mentioned here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2445846

There's an issue with the modified command buffer that I noticed after successfully backporting it to SSZ, wherein a character that has a double-tap input (dash, hop, etc.) will inconsistently perform them with a single tap. At first I thought I'd messed something up, but I encountered the issue in GO as well, so the issue lies with those modifications.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5  September 12, 2019, 08:29:54 am
    • UK

Oh you forgot to list the FightFX not scaling.
WIP Schedule:
#6  September 16, 2019, 10:32:39 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I posted this in the dev section of the Ikemen discord (not sure if that's the appropriate place or not) but I figured out that for the combo counter issue with it not counting up a longer follow up hit, is mugen seems to be completely reliant upon either hittime of the attacker or crtl = 0 of the opponent. With the example below I changed kung fu man's ground.hittime = 200 to showcase this off in mugen.

https://streamable.com/wl940

I've also noticed that Ikemen GO plus doesn't seem to pan it's audio like how mugen does. Also I think this thread should be stickyed on this board whomever controls that.
#7  September 17, 2019, 01:49:15 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
OK, I added the sound pan to the missing features list.
The combo bug is fixed, thanks for you cooperation on discord.

Also I wish to know how to make thread stickyed.
Maybe with that we could replace the old GO plus tread.

It really does not provide info on how to download it or new features of the engine.
Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:16:31 am by Gacel
#8  September 22, 2019, 10:05:41 am
    • South Africa
Gacel, the Mac version's sound is working correctly now! I am not sure if the new version might of fixed it! I also added the windows exe, OpenAL32.dll and windows scripts into the mac ikemen folder and it works completely fine, the only mac file I added was the Go command and the ikemen terminal file all the others were windows files.
#9  October 05, 2019, 06:24:50 am
  • Participate, be a part.
Running on Windows 7, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, I5, 16GB ram, Arcade mode, turns (8) characters VS cpu Single, 1280x720 windows mode, no shaders.

not sure what it is but got an error log, game suddenly crash.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:09:28 pm by mugenload
#10  October 09, 2019, 12:15:22 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
All the bugs Im been reporting here and Github are based on a full game Im been working, I cant share with Gacel the chars that are subject of the bugs reported because these only works inside the game and not in normal Ikemen/Mugen. I decided to upload the game, so Gacel could download it and check the bugs, please do, I would like to release the game soon.

https://mega.nz/#!ld1gXKZZ!q-OoCXZip7SJk-XZoNefUcXXVO6QkbvG4hp9T9h5S14

All these things works on Mugen but not Ikemen
1- Any missile/projectile reflecting movement(Athena 624A/C, Eiji 623 A/C, Yamazaki 236A/C) is not working, these movements has hitflag = P on the hitdef, which could be possibly the reason. Maybe.
2- It seems projectile priority is not working, Ryo´s haoshokoken can be canceled with any normal projectile with much less projpriority.
3- Some projectiles seems to be more transparent than on mugen, for example  Nameless 236 AC(ex Fireball).
4- Some hard knockdown movements causes the character to disappear for a moment, it seems the character goes below the floor, disappear then reappear lying on the ground. I have to set a lower values on ground.velocity Y value to avoid this behavior. 

Other bugs not related to characters.

1- Everything works fine except Arcade and 100vsKumite, both modes causes Ikemen to crash to desktop. Deleting some functions on main.lua solves this, but no music on stages, more details on Github.

#11  November 04, 2019, 08:32:44 pm
Since the new version of Ikemen Go takes the localcoord from the system.def file I wanted to test the original screenpack files to see if everything worked as intended or If I had to change the "start" x and y pos as I did some time ago to put everything in the right place. I didnt need to change anything, everything is working fine.

Still the following line still causes Ikemen Go to crash to desktop.

"window = 640,200"

With this error on the ikemen log:

.\script\motif.lua:1630: cannot perform sub operation between nil and number
stack traceback:
   .\script\motif.lua:1630: in function <.\script\motif.lua:0>
   [G]: in function 'require'
   script/main.lua:980: in main chunk
   [G]: ?

I dont know what does that command, I can delete or comment all the lines with this command and the screenpack works fine.

Mask is still not working.

Projectile priority, numhit detection and reflecting are working fine now, Thanks for the fix!!

Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:37:51 pm by orochi_kyo
#12  November 12, 2019, 01:05:55 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Hello, i dont know if this is a bug or a fail but i was installing Ikemen Go on different physical machines configured with WIndows XP and Windows 7 enviroments to test how it works and these are my findings.

In the windows 7 machine i didnt had any flaws during compilation because updated goland core and all works as espected.
In the Windows Xp machine i had problems due hajimehoshi/oto code plus other lost dependencies due a deprecated goland core supporting the operative system is installed.

Aside those problems both compilations can be achieved but the windows xp machine show me these logs with problems during open gl execution and closes imediately, using the winxp and the win7 compilated exes:

using the WinXP exe

Using the Win7 exe

Can you help me to identify the possible causes or definitely XP is a lost cause within this code?
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:20:03 am by MangeX
#13  December 11, 2019, 07:05:47 pm
    • UK

Dunno if this thread still has juice, but I can't do strict commands like D, DB, B, DB, F by doing a HCF for the DB,F.
WIP Schedule:
#14  December 15, 2019, 06:05:08 pm
Ok, I'm receiving a 0xc000007b error when launching Ikemen Go on my Windows 10 installation. It would be nice to know if Ikemen GO has any dependencies on Windows(work flawlessly on Linux even Lubuntu 18.10 which wasn't working before), so far I reinstalled DX9 and Visual C++ libraries with no luck. I will test on W7 later.

Also, I was playing Kumite and suddenly the training char just appeared(I changed the training char to my own custom training char), the problem is that this char is configured to recover health, give the player full bars, and it is practically immortal. I think this is a "bug" because it breaks the whole thing Kumite is about. Wonder if that could happen on arcade too.

Edit: The 32-bit version works with the same W10 installation, (I tested the 64-bit version before) but the performance is awful, I guess it must be something related to my drivers.

Edit2: It seems the problem with the 64-bit version is this executable is not using the openal dll file inside the root folder, so I have to install openal anyways, https://www.openal.org/downloads/
Now is working but unstable, I have to start the game several times to get it working.
Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 06:37:32 pm by orochi_kyo
#15  December 15, 2019, 06:14:34 pm
    • South Africa
The training character does occasionaly appear on arcade mode.
#16  December 15, 2019, 06:19:54 pm
    • UK

WIP Schedule:
#17  December 15, 2019, 06:27:49 pm
    • Greece
If you start from order=2 to arcade mode it doesnt appear i guess ikemen use him as order=1.
#18  December 15, 2019, 06:50:40 pm
    • South Africa
Ah okay! I didn't add any order to any of my roster, I just assumed the training character wouldn't show up.
#19  December 15, 2019, 08:44:24 pm
    • UK

I can confirm that Training appears in Survival and Kumite, even with order=0 on.
WIP Schedule:
#20  December 16, 2019, 01:09:18 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I kinda figured GO would have the same parameters, but IKEMEN Plus at least has the exclude=1 select.def parameter you can add to characters you don't want to show up randomly.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.