YesNoOk

CvS Akuma (Arrange) by Niitris (Read 4658 times)

Started by Niitris, December 27, 2019, 04:34:14 am
Share this topic:
CvS Akuma (Arrange) by Niitris
#1  December 27, 2019, 04:34:14 am
Late for Christmas, but here's a gift anyway.

Still a work in progress (effects are incomplete), but far enough finished to be playable. Hoping I can make an update with the remaining effects, AI and a couple more things before the end of the year.

Has mild chain combos (light to anything), 4 different techniques to go along with supers, and Level 1 supers have Marvel-style commands for easy hit confirming. Sub-systems aren't based on anything in particular. I just wanted to experiment around with stuff. Hopefully you do too.

Have fun
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5t4xrmgei8hp28m/ns-akuma.zip/file

Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 09:12:27 am by Niitris
Re: CvS Akuma (Arrange) by Niitris
#2  December 27, 2019, 05:01:27 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Cool char. Though I found a few issues:
- When I try the teleport while he has at least 1 power stock, he does the super instead. This happens because of the order of the moves in the CMD, the teleport should be above the supers to avoid that.
- Speaking of the teleport, this is a nitpick but I miss the classic afterimage when you do it.
- For some reason I can't execute the MAX version using LP (2QCF+LP), only with MP and HP, but I can do it normally with LK

If I find more I'll tell you. For now it plays really good. :D

Edit: found a few more, but those are more aesthetics:
- The air fireball has no sound when it touches the ground, it just feels weird
- There is no dust when Akuma lands after the air fireball
Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:18:55 am by DeathScythe
#3  December 27, 2019, 06:03:00 pm
- When I try the teleport while he has at least 1 power stock, he does the super instead. This happens because of the order of the moves in the CMD, the teleport should be above the supers to avoid that.
Fixed
- Speaking of the teleport, this is a nitpick but I miss the classic afterimage when you do it.
Added
- For some reason I can't execute the MAX version using LP (2QCF+LP), only with MP and HP, but I can do it normally with LK
Typo in the CMD, fixed
- The air fireball has no sound when it touches the ground, it just feels weird
Added
- There is no dust when Akuma lands after the air fireball
Added

Just uploaded the update
Glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for the feedback. :)
#4  December 27, 2019, 06:30:16 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
1. I can't seem to do any Super Cancels.
2. No Hyakkishu/Demon Flip?
3. Air Fireball/Zanku Hadouken comes out a lil' later than it should and I'm not comfortable with it.
4. Overcharge does little damage, but I can understand that if it's mean't for combo purposes.
5. Will he have any other supers like Messatsu Gorasen and Kongou Kokuretsuzan?
6. Any chance of giving him a CS patch of sorts?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#5  December 27, 2019, 07:33:40 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Interesting that you've finally released him, even if unfinished atm, but I do have a small nitpick. His fireballs are a bit too safe, even the super version of it. I get a neighborhood between -1 to +9 at pointblank range. I'll excuse the air version somewhat, however, since they're meant to be approach tools anyway (but even those might need a tone down in frame advantage).
#6  December 28, 2019, 09:04:26 am
1. I can't seem to do any Super Cancels.
Sorry about that, it was supposed to say normal attacks not specials.
Special->super would be for Level 1 only. Working on it and how to balance it with everything else.
2. No Hyakkishu/Demon Flip?
Will be in a later update.
3. Air Fireball/Zanku Hadouken comes out a lil' later than it should and I'm not comfortable with it.
Must be you, I compared it to the real game in turbo speed, it's almost exact.
4. Overcharge does little damage, but I can understand that if it's mean't for combo purposes.
Yeah, it's a combo extension move. It was pretty tough to nail combos the way I had it. I loosened up the cancel windows for normal attacks, and added a dash after the Overcharge attack. Hopefully it's easier to juggle with it.
5. Will he have any other supers like Messatsu Gorasen and Kongou Kokuretsuzan?
Hurricane kick super was something I was doing in very early stages but didn't make the final version. I definitely want to add it.
Probably won't add the other super though.
6. Any chance of giving him a CS patch of sorts?
I want to get back to color separation. However if i do, it would be pretty simple.
Interesting that you've finally released him, even if unfinished atm, but I do have a small nitpick. His fireballs are a bit too safe, even the super version of it. I get a neighborhood between -1 to +9 at pointblank range. I'll excuse the air version somewhat, however, since they're meant to be approach tools anyway (but even those might need a tone down in frame advantage).
I never tested that to see how safe it was.
Super Fireball is fine being safe (resembles ST Ryu Shinkuu Hadouken), but normal fireball has definitely been made less safe.

Updated again, thanks.