YesNoOk

"PotS style" Joe, Chun-Li, Kyo, King, Demitri, Benimaru updated  (Read 5599 times)

Started by Jmorphman, January 01, 2020, 05:57:41 am
Share this topic:
"PotS style" Joe, Chun-Li, Kyo, King, Demitri, Benimaru updated
#1  January 01, 2020, 05:57:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Squeaking in minutes before the year ends:

Joe, Chun-Li, Kyo, King, Demitri, Benimaru have all been updated. These updates are mostly minor, fixing a super invincibility oversight where the invincibility period after the super pause was running out too quickly. The most substantial update, Benimaru, doesn't change much gameplay-wise, but is mostly about improving and tweaking some visual aspects.

Here's a list of the changes. If a character who got updated doesn't appear here, that means that the only change was the fixed super invicibility.

Kyo:
- Made it harder to accidentally super cancel out of rekkas. Now the entire QCFx2 motion must be input to get the super (so Aragami ->
   Mu-shiki requires QCF + p -> QCFx2 + p; Mu-shiki will never result from QCF + p -> QCF + p, no matter how fast it is performed
 - Slight adjustments to Aragami hitvels; it's not really possible to juggle the full chain anymore
 - Slightly adjusted RED Kick velocities to ensure the first possible, more damaging hit will not connect on standing opponents; it's now actually accurate to KOF instead of only vaguely being so.
 - Super invincibility fixed/updated

King:
- fixed bug where opponents would regain control after the first hit of Trap Shot when used during Custom Combo.
 - fixed bug where opponents could not block Secret Mirage if they were not already blocking.
 - Venom Strike buffed: reduced recovery by 8 ticks, increased projectile speed
 - very slight changes to super invincibility

Demitri (who actually didn't have any super invincibility problems!):
- If, in a combo, you hit the opponent with more than one Chaos Flare, that second Chaos Flare will now cause the opponent to be knocked down (as in Vampire Savior)
 - Removed oversight where Darkside Master bats and Dark Force timer/background effect were still visible during CFJ style Midnight
   Bliss, when the entire screen should be black
 - Made afterimages turn off during the black screen portions of CFJ style Midnight Bliss

Benimaru:
- Flying Drill has slightly better frame advantage on hit and much better advantage on guard
 - Changed behavior of characters who have a compatible shocked anim when they're hit by electrical attacks; they now jitter back and forth (like Darkstalkers) and stay in the shock anim longer
 - EX (Taiku) Raijinken can no longer be super cancelled; it already juggles, so cancelling just meant that the dampener kicked in worse
 - MAX Raikoken effect slightly increased in size (the actual hitbox size is the same); also, small sparks now surround it, ala KOFXIII
 - All non-EX versions of Shinku Katategoma has more of a delay between each hit, like in KOF
 - EX Shinku Katategoma has 1 more hit (it now has a total of 8); total damage is unchanged, however.
 - Benimaru Collider has faster startup and a slightly bigger hitbox; also changed the visual behavior to be closer to KOF, and replaced the FX with the FX from KOFXIII
 - Changed Elec-Trigger visual behavior to be closer to KOF; now has additional FX appear during the finish
 - super invincibility fixed/updated
 - Electical sparks that appear on opponent when they are hit now disappear after a firm, set amount of time, exactly matching the PalFX applied to them. (They used to disappear only if opponent regained control, or hit the floor, if they were knocked down). This helps with stuff where a oppponent is hit by an electrical-based attack, and then a physical attack, so that the sparks will eventually disappear instead of remaining on the opponent until they hit the floor, as previous versions behaved.
Re: "PotS style" Joe, Chun-Li, Kyo, King, Demitri, Benimaru updated
#2  January 01, 2020, 03:04:00 pm
Oh yes ! Jman updates. Get right into my veins.

#3  January 01, 2020, 03:21:47 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Error establishing a database connection
:???:
#4  January 01, 2020, 06:09:38 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
With Joe:
"Can't open Palettes/Gogngos_BartSimpson.act"
Seems to be related to the ;toe to tip, this is a Bart!
One more thing, I'm not too convinced by Double Cyclone being 1p.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#5  January 02, 2020, 12:29:53 am
    • USA
Error establishing a database connection
:???:
Probably just a brief hiccup of interruption. It works fine now.

With Joe:
"Can't open Palettes/Gogngos_BartSimpson.act"
Seems to be related to the ;toe to tip, this is a Bart!
Joe runs fine for me, is this in a particular version or MUGEN? Or perhaps Fighter Factory? That comment next to the palette definition is very important and vital.

One more thing, I'm not too convinced by Double Cyclone being 1p.
It's like that in CvS2! And besides, I think I've always had the command like that!
#6  January 02, 2020, 12:37:29 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#7  January 02, 2020, 12:41:01 am
    • USA
Probably just a FF3 thing, then. I guess it tries loading a palette named "Gogngos_BartSimpson.act ;toe to tip, this is a Bart!", even though everything after ".act" is a comment. None of the earlier versions of FF have this issue, strangely enough.
#8  January 02, 2020, 09:29:07 am
Joe runs fine for me too, the bart pal is also working as it should.
I am using 1.1 too.
#9  January 02, 2020, 09:39:25 am
    • USA
Woah I cant wait to test run these. Jmorphman is amazing, and as a newbie developer myself I am super grateful and appreciative for the knowledge, support, and help Jmorphman has helped me throughout my development chaotic times.

Jmorphman is worthy of admiration and respect. Ah, it looks like you made the inputs smoother so they don't super cancel as easily anymore. I like that, makes it less spammer friendly and super focused. I can't wait to test it out. Benimaru's lightning fx looks really really cool. Where'd you get those from? The gethit electricity fx looks amazing.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#10  January 03, 2020, 12:12:54 am
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
#11  January 03, 2020, 12:48:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Nice work. I'm downloading and playing with these. Good luck with future updates.