YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122386 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#341  November 16, 2019, 02:01:44 am
  • For honor!
...I would actually love to see terrible WWE 2K20 model zombie versions of various Poke'mon. But yeah I'd imagine as a stand alone game, it's Average Poke'mon Game/10.
Iroha stripped for me
#342  November 18, 2019, 04:44:36 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#343  November 18, 2019, 07:22:06 pm
  • For honor!
It will truly be MUGEN when I hack in Obese Cheese Boy using Eternatus as a base.
Iroha stripped for me
#344  November 19, 2019, 03:43:43 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Gotta say, you raised my expectations too high going for the Mugen comparison.  I was sure someone swapped out Lucario for Goku or something along those lines.

Modders, get on putting Rare Akuma into SwSh.
#345  November 26, 2019, 01:32:06 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 01:36:08 am by Kirishima
#346  November 26, 2019, 02:27:11 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
A while back, SwSh sold over 6 million copies around the opening weekend making it the best opening Switch title ever.  That's pretty cool despite the various issues it has.

Spoiler: So the Pokémon Company have decided to celebrate this milestone the best way possible (click to see content)

At this point, I am torn about this course of action. On one hand, I appreciate the leakers efforts to being the deficiencies to my attention. On the other hand, the leakers probably have broken NDA and done illegal things by leaking the files, so they probably have no right to complain when legal action is taken against them. Plus, what explicit purpose does the leaks serve? I still confused on the purpose.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#347  December 17, 2019, 09:23:40 am
  • ANC
Plus, what explicit purpose does the leaks serve? I still confused on the purpose.

It proved that GameFreak lied about not porting over reused models and overall consensus that they put in next-to-no effort to make the game.
#348  December 22, 2019, 08:50:10 pm
    • Brazil
A while back, SwSh sold over 6 million copies around the opening weekend making it the best opening Switch title ever.  That's pretty cool despite the various issues it has.

Spoiler: So the Pokémon Company have decided to celebrate this milestone the best way possible (click to see content)
the leaks reduced fan interest and engagement generated by keeping key elements of the games secret
Thats a LOT of nerve. If they had actually put some effort in the damn game, the leaks would have only increased the interest and engagement. And that is assuming that this was the actual reason that interest dropped, because we all know why the backlash against SwSh happened, and it had nothing to do with leaks.
#349  January 09, 2020, 12:02:34 am
    • USA
Surprised not to see this posted here, but we have a Pokemon Direct coming in a little over half a day. What's everyone expecting to see that is Sword and Shield related?
Said stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMXRyk7ikjI
#350  January 09, 2020, 01:55:56 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
It's probably about that online service for the Switch. Pokemon Home, is it?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#351  January 09, 2020, 02:33:39 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Beyond the pre-release update from Masuda responding to the initial hashtag about the National Dex, I don't believe Game Freak have actually responded to the incident in any official manner?  More-so, I don't believe even now that Japan has any official notification on the games having its severely reduced roster?  Since this direct is intended to be longer than previous ones and what's up at bat to likely show isn't a whole lot, I imagine the additional time could be there to cover exactly that.  Or they can just drag out the event panning camera shots at dynamax models, whatever.

I mean, granted, the game's OUT now, and people know all the myriad of issues and backlash regardless if they wanted to probably as long as they're remotely following anything video game news, but it is still odd that the local customers there still don't have any response yet from the team, but we over in the West have for some time now.

Beyond the politics and whatnot, what's probably going to be shown are those handful of starters, legendaries and mythical pokemon that dataminers long since shown are in the game, but now in official manner.  We're still mostly in the dark on Pokémon Home and Sleep, the former not looking the keenest at this time to being worth getting with all the shortcommings and the latter.....just kinda sounding stupid.  So gonna have to see how they sell those apps.  I would hope not by necessity, lauding needing Home over shutting down Bank, but we'll see.
#352  January 09, 2020, 11:37:02 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
We get to learn about the mysterious Eternatus and what its presence means for the Galar region.

Joking(?) aside, it's probably in relation to Home and possibly Sleep.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#353  January 09, 2020, 03:58:28 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
So who's not actually surprised that they're selling the cut Pokemon as dlc? What's actually baffling is that they still make the dlc pokemon have version exclusives. The fuck?
#354  January 09, 2020, 04:25:15 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com

And we have to pay full price for it (Just like Final Fantasy 7 and Link’s Awakening) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#355  January 09, 2020, 04:59:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
They fixed the tree!!!  :yuno:

#356  January 09, 2020, 05:18:11 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
So they DID listen.
But can we talk about THIS?

This is fate.
#357  January 09, 2020, 05:26:56 pm
    • Brazil
It all makes sense now. After releasing a short, underwhelming and mediocre game, they'll just release a bunch of expansion packs to get more money. I remember the days when Pokémon actually felt like an insanely long and fun experience, not this patethic crap.
#358  January 09, 2020, 05:50:53 pm
  • For honor!
They could've handled it a lot worse. Like you know, like release the expansions as stand alone games like they normally do.

Articuno might finally be good...In what is one of the worst metas Poke'mon has seen. It's like raaaaaaiiiiiin on your wedding day...
Iroha stripped for me
#359  January 09, 2020, 06:09:01 pm
    • Brazil
Meta was bad ever since Gen VI, it seems like the unnecessary Mega Evolutions only ruined the variety of viable Pokémon, but yeah, Gigantamax is a crazy mess, I hate the way it works.
#360  January 09, 2020, 06:30:56 pm
  • For honor!
Gigantamax is an annoying thing that's not worth it. Dynamax moves are generally better than the G-Max exclusive moves and they can have egg moves. Such a shitty mechanic...I mean you can play by smogon rules where its banned but then you're just left with a bare bones meta with a low poke'mon pool and incentive to go back to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon where the terrains and megas offer at least something remotely interesting to battle.
Iroha stripped for me