YesNoOk

Ikemen GO bug reports (Read 477997 times)

Started by Gacel, September 09, 2019, 11:26:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO bug reports and know bugs
#21  December 16, 2019, 05:14:14 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
I didn't know there were "credits" on the game for the arcade mode.
The thing is I can't see the "credits" anywhere on the Continue screen. Tested with a fresh install(0.77)

Anyone else or it is just me?
#22  December 29, 2019, 10:27:00 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Rowen's Ryu edit doesn't roll on Ikemen.
Lasagna
#23  December 30, 2019, 07:23:32 pm
    • Russia
PS4 controller support is still borked in Gacel's latest fork:
#24  December 31, 2019, 10:34:09 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
That's a GLFW bug.
So not a bug with Ikemen GO but with OpenGL's GLFW.
https://github.com/glfw/glfw

So the problem is more specifically with in the mappings.h file in the GLFW C source but I need the full error log to make sure.
Maybe I can bug fix it and make a pull request.

But I'll need you to help to test the changes because I do not have the controller. (I see from the screenshot it's not the same as a PS4 one)

Rowen's Ryu edit doesn't roll on Ikemen.

Go it, I'll check it.

I didn't know there were "credits" on the game for the arcade mode.
The thing is I can't see the "credits" anywhere on the Continue screen. Tested with a fresh install(0.77)

Anyone else or it is just me?

I also can not see it, I'll check if it's even implemented.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#25  January 02, 2020, 11:14:48 am
    • Brazil
Maybe its a well known bug, but the only shader working is scanlines. Hqx2/4 and MSAA doesn't display any noticeable effect.
Lasagna
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:42:31 am by -Ash-
#26  January 02, 2020, 01:45:23 pm
    • South Africa
Are you sure? Because they all work for me! Although I didn't check MSAA (because my graphics card doesn't support it). All the others ones work for me.
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:49:24 pm by LebKeller
#27  January 02, 2020, 03:32:04 pm
    • Brazil
Yup, only scanlines works so far.

EDIT: Ok, I did some more testing and found out that it works, but its only noticeable in high resolutions, and only on fonts, sprites looks almost the same.
Lasagna
Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:44:10 pm by -Ash-
#28  January 10, 2020, 12:10:07 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
MSSA is not a shader is a filtering technique for textures.
It's very subtle.

(Notice the changes in the Type bar.)
It's more noticeable when you downscale sprites.

Hqx2 and Hqx4 is for "smoothing" sprites so it only works at higher resolutions. (It's literally a emulator shader)
Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 12:15:25 am by Gacel
#29  January 10, 2020, 05:34:12 am
    • Brazil
Is there plans for more filters in the future?
Lasagna
#30  January 14, 2020, 08:50:14 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
#31  January 15, 2020, 01:54:22 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
RuroKen Sas characters have some input problems: Hyper inputs seem don't be so precise. And lvl3 attacks are really hard to perform or can't be performed at all.
By the way, if your startcell is not properly coded (wrong/empty cell) IKEMEN closes. I used Kathos' fork version (0.5).
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#32  January 15, 2020, 02:43:05 am
By the way, if your startcell is not properly coded (wrong/empty cell) IKEMEN closes. I used Kathos' fork version (0.5).
thanks, fixed
#33  January 15, 2020, 04:59:43 am
  • Rurouni Fan
I took the time to test IKEMEN (Kathos' fork - 0.5) a bit more and here is some feedback:

; As of MUGEN 1.0, the default motif is defined in data/mugen1/system.def.
; You can also edit mugen.cfg to select the "big" motif.
- This message needs to be edited, because by default the system.def that is used is in the path "data" and not "data / mugen1".
And there is no more MUGEN.CFG.

- The font cursor  in the menu does not work properly at any resolution other than 320,240.

- The text in the blue bar in the menu seems to be misaligned ("cropped") by default, apparently a little lower than it should be, at different resolutions it can get messy (320x180), at higher resolutions like 640x360, it doesn't appear on the screen.

The intros/endings resolution is fixed at 320x240. So you will have problems using 640x480 intros even though the screenpack is at 640x480.

- If you press "ESC" in Arcade Mode, you go to the continue screen. In MUGEN 1.0 you go back to menu, in MUGEN 1.1 you go back to select in Arcade Mode, imo, this is better).

- In Arcade Mode, if player 1 taunts the enemy, the message "Here comes a new challenger" appears and we go to the Team Versus selection screen which can suffer a kind of palfx on the screen if the interruption is in the middle of an attack that uses some FX/palfx.
If you press ESC, we return to Arcade selection mode to face the enemy we were facing before the interruption, maybe this part is intentional though.

- If you do the following steps:
Arcade mode, "Here comes a new challenger", press esc to skip the challenge and return to the menu, then return to arcade mode and select a character, the following error appears:

- The victory screen is enabled for Arcade and Team Arcade modes only.

- The black background on the options screen does not cover the text  properly in 1280x720.

In the 3rd fight in Arcade mode, on the Versus screen, following a specific order of enemies, I am having the following error:

I just set it up for a character as a test, and I don't know if there's something wrong, but here it is, my select config:

Well, I don't know if it was already mentioned, but would it be possible to add "CPU" to lifebar when fighting AI?
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#34  January 15, 2020, 09:11:38 am
- The font cursor  in the menu does not work properly at any resolution other than 320,240.

- The text in the blue bar in the menu seems to be misaligned ("cropped") by default, apparently a little lower than it should be, at different resolutions it can get messy (320x180), at higher resolutions like 640x360, it doesn't appear on the screen.

The intros/endings resolution is fixed at 320x240. So you will have problems using 640x480 intros even though the screenpack is at 640x480.

- The black background on the options screen does not cover the text  properly in 1280x720.

the build currently on appveyor doesn't support localcoord, so only screenpacks in 320x240 resolution works on it. Yesterday Neat Unsou added localcoord support to backgrounds, but that change is not yet on appveyor. I'm currently fixing stuff that showed up after testing new build in HD resolution. I will let you know once all known graphical glitches are sorted out.

- In Arcade Mode, if player 1 taunts the enemy, the message "Here comes a new challenger" appears and we go to the Team Versus selection screen which can suffer a kind of palfx on the screen if the interruption is in the middle of an attack that uses some FX/palfx.

- If you do the following steps:
Arcade mode, "Here comes a new challenger", press esc to skip the challenge and return to the menu, then return to arcade mode and select a character, the following error appears:
thanks, will investigate it.
- The victory screen is enabled for Arcade and Team Arcade modes only.
Please list all currently available modes that you think should also display victory screen by default.

- If you press "ESC" in Arcade Mode, you go to the continue screen. In MUGEN 1.0 you go back to menu, in MUGEN 1.1 you go back to select in Arcade Mode, imo, this is better).
In future I'd like ESC button to open a menu with options (exit, give up match, maybe movelists support). I'm not planning to implement mugen 1.0 / 1.1 behaviour (and I think "giving up a match" is better than outright exiting the game).

edit: on the other hand I could add an option to options screen but not sure if it's worth the effort when in the end the button is meant to work differently anyway.

In the 3rd fight in Arcade mode, on the Versus screen, following a specific order of enemies, I am having the following error:
This error looks familiar, I'm pretty sure this bug has been fixed earlier today in this commit: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/commit/51821e6fa5b742cfa2b1ba55aec0e266565a5013
You will have to wait though since this change is not yet available on appveyor.

Thanks for all the reports, keep them coming if you encounter some other issues.

------------

edit: Neat Unsou, in case you're reading this topic - thanks for updating bgdef.go!

edit2: Fixes commit for everything mentioned in this post, not related to resolution, is up on github: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/commit/5c98dbd0e5e5d6fe8dcc21f9e8b99252af65f9b2

edit3: palfx problem when the match is interrupted still persists, it will take more time to fix. btw. new build is available on appveyor: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go-plus
Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:16:24 pm by K4thos
#35  January 16, 2020, 01:01:01 am
  • Rurouni Fan
Some more feedback - Ikemen_GO_Win_x86, build 0.7, Kathos' fork:

- "px.cursor.startcell" isn't working properly, for both players. The cursor starts at the wrong row and column.
- "Round.default.anim" doesn't play.
- If you press F1, K.O sound doesn't play.
- Draw Game anim/text appears after D.KO.

- 'Specific order' problem, now before the 4th match. Log:
Code:
.\script\select.lua:573: __len undefined
stack traceback:
.\script\select.lua:573: in function 'f_selectPal'
.\script\select.lua:1407: in function 'f_selectArcade'
script/main.lua:1757: in function 'f_mainMenu'
script/main.lua:2447: in main chunk
[G]: ?

RK SaS chars:
- Hypers are better to perform, not 100% yet. Lvl 3 attacks are still hard to perform or impossible to.
- As a mechanic, if you win the last round without damage and / or win using a hyper, a victory clip is played. However, if you press F1 or win by normal attack, the clip will play too.

I suppose OpenGL has not been implemented yet, since 1.1 lifebars make IKEMEN don't load.

Persistent issues from last feedback:
- Problem when P1 taunts enemy leading to team versus mode selection still persists.
- This message needs to be edited, because by default the system.def that is used is in the path "data" and not "data / mugen1".
And there is no more MUGEN.cfg.

Did you play the new
#36  January 16, 2020, 04:00:22 am
thanks for new reports.
- 'Specific order' problem, now before the 4th match. Log:
are you referring to this assignment?
Code:
Kenshin, stages/A.def, order =3, 1={Jinei, stages/C.def}, 2={Aoshi, stages/G.def}, 3={Okita, stages/VILLAGE.def}, 4={Saitou, stages/BBBGarden.def}, 5={Soujiro, stages/H.def}, 6={Shishio, stages/I.def}, 7={Enishi, stages/J.def}
In the above code I've noticed that the character has similar name to Saito added below (who has the same stage assigned). Is this coincidence or maybe you've mistyped his name? This would explain the problem.

Some more feedback - Ikemen_GO_Win_x86, build 0.7, Kathos' fork:
unrelated but if you use 64 bit system Ikemen_GO_Win_x64 is the correct build
Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:40:48 am by K4thos
#37  January 16, 2020, 05:01:35 am
  • Rurouni Fan

Oh man, that's it! Sorry, that was on me. It's working!!

Since I'm posting, some more feedback:

- Not so often, but the default winquote (Winner) happens to appear, even if char has winqotes. I had seen it in previous builds, but after fixing my typo while testing arcade mode, it appeared once.
- Fps drops even on stage0 with chars just standing still.
- "Hiccups" in stage musics/chars audio.

unrelated but if you use 64 bit system Ikemen_GO_Win_x64 is the correct build
Yes, my system is 64 bit. First time using x86. I thought that in the future it would be better to use x86 for screenpack distribution, so I started using it. Heh, too soon. I'll be back to 64 bit for the tests.

Did you play the new
#38  January 16, 2020, 12:22:17 pm
Oh man, that's it! Sorry, that was on me. It's working!!
don't worry about it, this report helped improve the code - I will add a check to ensure that rival character reference is valid, maybe also print a warning if not.

Regarding reported lifebars problems - I've found which code introduced issues in lifebars rendering and got rid of it in the latest commit. Please let me know if some of the reported lifebar problems are still there after this change (once new appveyor build is up)
#39  January 17, 2020, 03:20:50 pm
- "px.cursor.startcell" isn't working properly, for both players. The cursor starts at the wrong row and column.
fixed

- "Round.default.anim" doesn't play.
- If you press F1, K.O sound doesn't play.
- Draw Game anim/text appears after D.KO.
should be fixed by this commit but needs testing

I suppose OpenGL has not been implemented yet, since 1.1 lifebars make IKEMEN don't load.
OpenGL is the only render used by Ikemen GO. If lifebar doesn't work than you can post link to it, maybe some active fork dev (not necessarily me) will be interested in investigating where the problem lays

Persistent issues from last feedback:
- Problem when P1 taunts enemy leading to team versus mode selection still persists.
fixed

And there is no more MUGEN.cfg.
The engine is not yet documented so don't mind what is stated in mugen DEF files (other than select.def, which is always up to date). They are copied straight from mugen and are not part of the engine (screenpack files are uploaded as different repository from which appveyor downloads them on the fly)

- Not so often, but the default winquote (Winner) happens to appear, even if char has winqotes. I had seen it in previous builds, but after fixing my typo while testing arcade mode, it appeared once.
can't help with this one unless you can reproduce the issue and post repo steps, so that I can test it myself.

- Fps drops even on stage0 with chars just standing still.
- "Hiccups" in stage musics/chars audio.
try the latest version and x64 build. Also try Gacel's fork and see if the problem occurs there. Maybe open up debug mode (ctrl+d) and check if there is debug flood? Is it consistent with all characters, even KFM?

- The intros/endings resolution is fixed at 320x240. So you will have problems using 640x480 intros even though the screenpack is at 640x480.

Most of these should be also fixed in the latest commit (needs testing), so HD screenpack support is almost ready.

-------------------------------

There are still some known issues (help with fixing them would be appreciated)
1. TTF fonts start at wrong coordinates on 16:9 aspect ratio. Example with 25, 30 axis:
- f-4x6.def (FNTv2): https://i.imgur.com/82tjPWf.png
- infofont.def (TTF Arial): https://i.imgur.com/8GtX1XS.png

edit: fixed: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/commit/53db159f69d0cffeb82bc8c8317d163371674e0c

2. bgdef.go doesn't support localcoord screen cropping (in mugen if screenpack has 4:3 aspect ratio and you set resolution to 16:9, area outside 4:3 aspect ratio is not rendered)
- mugen 1.1: https://i.imgur.com/mVVsj4L.png
- ikemen go: https://i.imgur.com/OmrId0f.png

3. bgdef.go also doesn't set 'window' background parameter values correctly when 4:3 aspect ratio screenpack is displayed on 16:9 resolution:
https://i.imgur.com/vxNKyIT.png
https://i.imgur.com/hEYZ1vk.png
Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:42:51 pm by K4thos
#40  January 18, 2020, 10:18:05 pm
Ikemen GO screenbound engine bug reported by @JustNoPoint from HDBZ team. The problem can be reliably reproduced for example with Piccolo's lvl3 finisher.
As presented in the below video, the finisher works correctly on KFM temple stage. From my tests there is also no problem with other stages that don't allow super jump. But any larger stage will cause this bug (as showcased at 1:45s)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1pwctfjd2g49m6/Ikemen%20GO%202020-01-18%2021-46-19.mp4

Repo steps:
- Download character: http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/char_piccolo.html
- Download stage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9l5fbavz2axuwd9/sf3-3-shinakuma.zip?dl=1
- Go to training and activate Piccolo's power mode with Down Down MP+MK (you’ll get a new meter). Spam HP to fill it all the way to max. Then QCBx2P for his lvl3 hyper. Then wait a bit or do the Down Down MP+MK to activate it.