YesNoOk

MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N! (Read 1441365 times)

Started by ermaccer, September 20, 2019, 03:01:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MugenHook - upgrade your M.U.G.E.N!
#161  January 27, 2020, 09:33:51 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

The Wiki should help a fair amount.
The files should go in you main Mugen folder with the exe and other folders (chars, stages, etc).
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#162  January 27, 2020, 09:56:20 pm
#163  January 27, 2020, 09:57:45 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Somethin' needs updatin'.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#164  January 27, 2020, 10:19:18 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
The Wiki should help a fair amount.
The files should go in you main Mugen folder with the exe and other folders (chars, stages, etc).

Nevermind, I found what I needed.
The wiki folder here:
https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook

is not the same as this wiki:
https://github.com/ermaccer/mugenhook/wiki

thanks for nothing.
crazy how if you look at the top bar of the git page (your first link) theres a wiki link right there, which is by common sense wholly different than a folder in the actual git repo.
#165  January 27, 2020, 10:25:02 pm
#166  January 28, 2020, 03:52:45 pm
  • Climax Sacrifice
    • sites.google.com/site/infantry00blog
Thanks for using your M.U.G.E.N Hook. i'm been trying to take edit the feature from my screenpack

Thinking Ideas is:
-Reset the portrait animation when cursor is move
-Face Portrait while in Portrait Animation
-Animated Portrait Moving Position with X and Y axis(Maybe the .air file may work)
#167  February 02, 2020, 12:34:42 pm
    • Poland
0.5.1 Released
Features:
 - Added variations, each cell can now have up to 255 characters toggleable with double start press
 - Added magic boxes, a special cell type which can display specified character for a specified amount of time and then close
 - Completely patched up Tag gamemode leftovers and also added extra param for teammode trigger, tag.
 - Added option to toggle left/right movement in main menu screen, useful for screenpacks with horizontal menus.

About tag mode.
This is not a player ready tag mode, it is mostly designed for creators to make any use of it. By default any two characters you will select are controlled by the player who selected them, therefore eliminating the need to press CTRL + 3 each time you want to play as tag partner on Simul based tag modes.

Example tag trigger:
Code:
[State 1000, TagTest]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = teammode = tag
value = 4,0

Note that if you decide to use tag for your character, anyone who wants to use it will need to have mugenhook installed as it adds that param, without it engine will pop up that the value is unspecified.

Preview video of stuff:

Go to wiki section for tutorials.

Download
Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:20:07 pm by ermaccer
#168  February 02, 2020, 12:44:47 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
0.5.1 Released
Features:
 - Added variations, each cell can now have up to 255 characters toggleable with double start press
 - Added magic boxes, a special cell type which can display specified character for a specified amount of time and then close
 - Completely patched up Tag gamemode leftovers and also added extra param for teammode trigger, tag.
 - Added option to toggle left/right movement in main menu screen, useful for screenpacks with horizontal menus.

About tag mode.
This is not a player ready tag mode, it is mostly designed for creators to make any use of it. By default any two characters you will select are controlled by the player who selected them, therefore eliminating the need to press CTRL + 3 each time you want to play as tag partner on Simul based tag modes.

Example tag trigger:
Code:
[State 1000, TagTest]
type = PlaySnd
value = 4,0

Note that if you decide to use tag for your character, anyone who wants to use it will need to have mugenhook installed as it adds that param, without it engine will pop up that the value is unspecified.

Preview video of stuff:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/xIBVnqUFMiM[/youtube]

Tutorials will appear shortly.

Download

I create new sprites to avoid the flicker of the chars.then I put with another numbering the pose of the chars and so it is solved todo.es very easy, but a little slower
#169  February 04, 2020, 05:21:02 pm
  • The true fight begins now..get in the tournament!
  • Danzey legendary tournament is the final fight!
    • France
    • danzey-legendary-tournament.blogspot.fr/
Hi
0.5.1 Released
Features:

About tag mode.

Example tag trigger:
Code:
[State 1000, TagTest]
type = PlaySnd
value = 4,0

Preview video of stuff:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/xIBVnqUFMiM[/youtube]

Go to wiki section for tutorials.

Download

Hi thank you very much for your work !
however, the figh.log from mugen 1.0 don't generate!
i have a ultimate request for me and the community . Mugen 1.0 have a option to do a quick launch with batch file and mugen 1.1 got it but mugen 1.1 don't generate a fight.log so i suggest you to copy or rewrite this code from mugen 1.0 and to give it  to your beautiful Mugenhook 1.1  !
you are a hope for us ! thank you so much for your release. your are the best !
  :thumbsup:

my older name was danzey,now i'm SHIN DANZEY
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE AND my Website
#170  February 07, 2020, 02:10:12 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Hope I am not asking what someone else already asked. Can you use the turns for the tag mode to select if we want one team to have 2 while the other has 3 or 4 been thinking of street fighter's dramatic battle mode for a while and wanted to see that in mugen  would be nice if somehow you could make a randomizer for arcade mode where you'd go against a tag team of 2 then the next a tag team of three only to find the final person be a OP boss who is all by his/herself. Also lifebar portrait change so implementation of live or dead player could be known or show damages.
Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:23:06 am by Fauxcry
#171  February 08, 2020, 12:17:08 am
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com
really nice.now can make a pacht for can animated stages?
#172  February 09, 2020, 01:31:36 am
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
0.5.1 Released
About tag mode.

Example tag trigger:
Code:
[State 1000, TagTest]
type = PlaySnd
value = 4,0

Download

This is a really cool update! 

Some suggestions for future features:
1) A universal cmd file or the addition of more buttons.  ex: qcb + start = tag command.
2) Mugen 1.1 has an input lag of 2 frames.  Not sure if this can be fixed in the future with MugenHook.
3a) Customization of the ini file to force load another standard cns (similar to common1.cns) which wouldn't require editing each character.  This could make universal tag mode or universal animated portraits possible.
3b) With the force load of another standard cns, perhaps the addition of another statedef that's constantly running in the background (similar to statedef -3).  Statedef -4 and beyond.
4) Ability to select the stage in training based on the opponent you selected.  (ex: selecting Ryu as your training opponent, you can press start to automatically have the stage select point to Ryu's assigned stage from the select def.)
5) Standardized command buffering (would probably require too much work upfront).

Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:16:57 pm by Violin Ken
#173  February 14, 2020, 07:38:32 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Well done, ermaccer! Kudos for making this possible!

Here's my feedback for future updates:
* Sliding portraits for the versus screen, like in (U)MK3 and MK4.
* After choosing the character, you can choose the color freely and expand the choices beyond the maximum limit of 12.
* Add the unlockable character slot function, complete with conditions.
The Dragon is here!
#174  February 16, 2020, 05:48:30 pm
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
Now I think that a free battle mode is possible.
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
#175  February 18, 2020, 07:22:32 am
    • Poland
0.5.2 Released
Features:
  - Fixed variation character sprites not appearing in versus mode screen
  - Fixed a bug where you would need to press start * 2 on select screen to choose variation
  - Added beta support for animated portraits with variations
  - Fixed magic boxes, ids are now detected correctly
  - Chars required for magic boxes are now hidden the same way as those for variations

Check wiki for any updated tutorials.

Download

Now I think that a free battle mode is possible.

Cannot expand default modes selection at this moment, the best you can do is watch mode and control just one player.

This is a really cool update! 

Some suggestions for future features:
1) A universal cmd file or the addition of more buttons.  ex: qcb + start = tag command.
2) Mugen 1.1 has an input lag of 2 frames.  Not sure if this can be fixed in the future with MugenHook.
3a) Customization of the ini file to force load another standard cns (similar to common1.cns) which wouldn't require editing each character.  This could make universal tag mode or universal animated portraits possible.
3b) With the force load of another standard cns, perhaps the addition of another statedef that's constantly running in the background (similar to statedef -3).  Statedef -4 and beyond.
4) Ability to select the stage in training based on the opponent you selected.  (ex: selecting Ryu as your training opponent, you can press start to automatically have the stage select point to Ryu's assigned stage from the select def.)
5) Standardized command buffering (would probably require too much work upfront).

1) Is there any reason to?
2) Would need much more research to even begin something.
3a) Could be done.
3b) Is there any reason to?
4) Can be done, though would be rather heavy to set up.
5) same as 2

Well done, ermaccer! Kudos for making this possible!

Here's my feedback for future updates:
* Sliding portraits for the versus screen, like in (U)MK3 and MK4.
* After choosing the character, you can choose the color freely and expand the choices beyond the maximum limit of 12.
* Add the unlockable character slot function, complete with conditions.

1) A custom cns based versus screen will be better than MugenHook approach to be honest.
2) Not going to happen until pal related stuff is reversed.
3) This will be done in near future.

#176  February 18, 2020, 08:13:09 am
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
0.5.2 Released

1) Is there any reason to?
3b) Is there any reason to?

I was primarily thinking of these features for creating a universal tag mode without having to edit each character.  It could also be used for other features im sure. 

1) if we were to build a custom universal tag mode, allowing a universal command that functions as an add-on to a characters current cmd file would allow us to make a universal tag command.
3b) if you can create request 3a, then having a negative statedef that's constantly running in the background would be crucial to having additional universal statedefs function imo.  You could essentially program tag mode without editing each character's statedef -2 or -3 cns file by having a common cns on the data folder with statedef -4 and beyond.
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 02:16:43 am by Violin Ken
#177  February 18, 2020, 04:47:17 pm
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
Amazing work, really interesting, congratulations.
Any chance to play video files that replace intros / endings? This can reduce the full game size and editing time, and maybe you can add animation in stage selection...
#178  February 19, 2020, 11:40:45 am
    • Poland
You do not need to specify any extra values in variations/animated portraits, only thing to understand is that whenever you use variations with animated portraits, each animation number will be increased by 100 * variation. All animations must be in first character .air file, in this example, Ryu SF2 must have 5, 105 and 205 anims.
#179  February 19, 2020, 03:33:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
On the note of allowing more buttons would it be possible to do this so we can make macro buttons like 2 punches or 3 punches, etc?

Can pause and scrlock be changed to different buttons too? As many keyboards are losing these keys.

Any way to have a char load an alt sff mid match or set more to be loaded during the vs screen load?

So we can have true transformations.

Alternatively if it’d be easier would there be a way to trigger things based on sprite number instead of anim? If we could do that we could replace single sprites on the fly like we do with anim. Like a changespr trigger2 or something
#180  February 22, 2020, 08:17:48 am
  • Raging Fist
One thing I would like to point out: For variations, when the alt character is selected for say training or watch mode, it gets stuck on that said character when P2 side is chosen.