YesNoOk

MVCI Venom  (Read 19578 times)

Started by JJkoolaid, December 13, 2019, 06:57:34 am
Share this topic:
MVCI Venom
New #1  December 13, 2019, 06:57:34 am
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
The time has come guys to upload MVCI Venom. This is it the very best Venom for Mugen! This is very close to MVCI gameplay style Venom. What is even better is that he has a new voice mod that makes him really sound like Venom! Very close to the movie version. This is a 6 button character style with MVC2 template by Darkwolf-13. This really took me a lot of work to do after 3 months of trial and testing. He has MVCI signature moveset Venom Barrel, Venom Trap, Venom Bash(Level 3).Additionally he has two newer moves to make him more like MCU Venom. Tendril Barrage and Tendril Grab. He has Power Stone Special from MVCI that brings opponents for the kill. He is very fun to play with and is made for comboability and fun. I included a read me as well as a video breakdown refer to do for assistance. Hope you guys enjoy!! I am gonna take a break for a while. Carnage or Ghost Rider next who knows?

Download and Demonstration

Venom update video

Movelist ,Combos and Breakdown

Download Link that also includes other JJkoolaid characters with updated versions
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZOw0hipnFTakZiYXCaE1COkdM?e=EdPMCM

This is my all characters previously released thread if you like characters like this:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/jjkoolaid-collection-188730.0.html

Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:58:24 pm by JJkoolaid
Re: MVCI Venom
#2  December 13, 2019, 07:01:05 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
So is this your release or somebody else's
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3  December 13, 2019, 07:04:58 am
    • USA
@Speedpreacher This is mine.
#4  December 13, 2019, 07:21:31 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Alright, moving
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#5  December 13, 2019, 10:24:55 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
We are Venom! Awesome Venom well done congrats.
#6  December 13, 2019, 02:19:19 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Hey JJ, welcome! Glad to see you here. :)
Time to test this Venom.
#7  December 13, 2019, 07:40:49 pm
    • USA
Thank you! Have fun testing gui0007! Hope you like it! Let me know if you plan to do video on him would like to watch it.
#8  December 14, 2019, 02:30:57 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
been playing around with him, he's REALLY fun to play good stuff. now some feed back

- standing LP misses KFM if you're standing right up on him, might be an issue on smaller/skinny opponents

- he's SUPER LOUD, you gotta turn his sounds down

- im assuming you were going for pre-match movement like in mvc but, when controlled by AI, venom just straight up starts attacking after his intro during the "round 1" portion lol

otherwise, you did a great job he feels great and is really cool to play with.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#9  December 14, 2019, 05:43:09 am
    • USA
@Tay Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked! I am assuming LP means light punch cause it could also mean low punch. Anyways, I plan to do another update in the future (though not anytime soon,this took me a lot of work). Adding maybe his web zip ability,a good AI which should fix the AI attacking before round 1 and his Midnight bliss animation to She-Venom. Fixing his light punch is as easy as just enlarging the hitbox in fighter factory. As far as his sounds, I personally like the volume. But your more than welcome to turning it down using Audacity and in effects use amplify to negative.
#10  December 14, 2019, 06:20:42 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Great Venom character, nicely done. If this is your first character too, that's pretty dang impressive. I'm not a huge fan of MvCI, but I am of this version of Venom for sure. Maybe it's because this is actually a 6 button character, which I prefer, over a 3 button setup. MvC2's 4 button is not bad, but 3 makes it feel like an advanced action/beat'em up as opposed to an actual fighting game. Anyways, hope to see more from you in the future, and if you're last sentence in the OP was a hint at a "request poll", my vote goes to Ghostrider for sure, and if you do actually do him, Dark Rider's sprites would be my preference of sprites. Wucash's are really good too, but DR's are my favorite.
#11  December 14, 2019, 07:04:34 am
    • USA
@shulbocka Thank you! Glad you liked, I only make the best. I have made several characters  before but haven't uploaded at this site since now. I have made a Morrigan, and Lilith giving them UMVC3 gameplay style check them out they are 6 button characters. Yes, I plan on using dark rider sprites. I just want to make a basic UMVC3 Version of him for now. He is missing a lot of other moves from UMVC3 and MVCI. Mainly because dark rider version doesn't have the sprites for them. But he will be very fun to play. But will take a lot time for me to do. But that will be months from now.
#12  December 14, 2019, 09:52:55 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
that venom is awful a lot like Big eli King's vemon and Sludge's venoms
but very nice update edition :) and this vemon play decent and love the new style. so keep up the awesome work jjkoolaid
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#13  December 14, 2019, 07:48:15 pm
    • USA
    • https://dissidiamarlq.neocities.org/
"...to make the very best Venom for Mugen and with no bugs!"

Let's not get ahead of ourselves there friend, especially claiming your Venom being "the very best" version when you did not do your research very well...

- Both head and mid.pos are incorrectly positioned.

-No CLSN for one of his taunts.

- There's some missing sprites for his Medium Tendril Grab when close range.

- Infinites, so many infinites made possible thanks to his botched predate attack.

https://streamable.com/wb6rh
- Space Stone shouldn't behave like this...
- Venom Web does 12 hits instead of 19 hits.

- Venom Barrel triggers an infinite, and does not behave like in source.
- Venom Bash does 5 hits instead of 8. Those first three hits should be counted as well.
- Venom Bash also triggers debug flood. "PLAYER WEB IN STATE 3256: PARENT IN RETARGETED TRIGGER HAS BEEN DESTROYED"

- Shouldn't this use the large web sprite for larger characters such as Juggernaut, etc?

Overall, clearly, this Venom isn't the best version out there, and there are plenty of bugs going on (which I hope you sort those out).  :)
Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:05:43 pm by Dissidia
#14  December 14, 2019, 11:17:56 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Despite the issues, specially the infinities that i found aswell, it's a good version of Venom. I hope you can take a look on the issues JJ.
These infinities happend specially after done Predate, which i know that stuns the enemy in MvCI but the stun happend constantly if you keep doing a combo.
#15  December 15, 2019, 02:24:07 am
    • USA
@Dissidia your entitled to your opinion, I appreciate the feedback, and your time to test the character. This took me tremendous work on my part to do and countless hours of trial and error. No easy task. I do this for my enjoyment, and not to please others.
#16  December 15, 2019, 02:29:27 am
    • USA
@gui0007 Thank you so much for your video! Really enjoy watching. I personally don't own the game MVCI and I had to watch youtube videos on how Venom operates. In the future, I might include a patch update and good AI.
#17  December 15, 2019, 03:20:41 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
@Dissidia your entitled to your opinion, I appreciate the feedback, and your time to test the character. This took me tremendous work on my part to do and countless hours of trial and error. No easy task. I do this for my enjoyment, and not to please others.

He never said you had to please him. Hes pointing out errors and issues with your character.
#18  December 15, 2019, 07:25:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
@gui0007 Thank you so much for your video! Really enjoy watching. I personally don't own the game MVCI and I had to watch youtube videos on how Venom operates. In the future, I might include a patch update and good AI.

Have some vids for ya.

I know that combos in MvCI are damn expansive but the infinities aren't supposed to happend. Looking forward for the future updates. :)
Oh also another quickle. When Venom throws the opponent with the web, the opponent just defend automatically when Venom start to attack.
#19  December 23, 2019, 06:39:37 pm
i like the concept, new possibilities are always welcome.
Re: MVCI Venom 2.0 (Updated)
#20  January 28, 2020, 04:30:35 am
    • USA
MVCI Venom 2.0 has been released! Download link has been changed. A update log is in the read me and video.