YesNoOk

Karin (Pots Style) By Phantom.Of.The.Server - Updated 1/20/20 (Read 13788 times)

Started by BahamianKing242, January 19, 2020, 08:06:13 pm
Share this topic:
Karin (Pots Style) By Phantom.Of.The.Server - Updated 1/20/20
#1  January 19, 2020, 08:06:13 pm
                                                            Head Of The Kanzuki Zaibatsu!

Download Her Here!
                  https://www.mediafire.com/file/ks2e17vkkpaqx3u/Karin.rar/file
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:02:16 am by BahamianKing242
Re: Karin (Pots Style) By Phantom.Of.The.Server
#2  January 19, 2020, 08:23:56 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Not that many issues (yet), but I'll post em'.
1. Gedan Yasha Gaeshi has misplaced Counter FX, and Joudan Yasha Gaeshi doesn't have it, so that's some inconsistency for ya'.
2. There's no Slam sound when P2 wall-bounces from EX Hou Shou and whatever else.
3. MAX Kanzuki-ryuu Kou'ou Ken doesn't have the same hit-pause timing as the LVL1 version, unless it was intentional.
4. You may want to use Projectile Hitsounds for the Beam during Kira Eisei Neraiuchi
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  January 19, 2020, 10:31:36 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Thanks bro, gotta check her out later. Is the CS'ed sprites by Froz are compatible?
#4  January 19, 2020, 10:41:24 pm
    • UK

Well she already has a CS, probably Froz's, haven't checked.
WIP Schedule:
#5  January 20, 2020, 12:28:27 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
I'm really enjoying this version of Karin, great job Bahamian! wondering who's next, however, a bug that I found is that during Kira Eisei Neraiuchi, the first hit sometimes doesn't hit the opponent, idk if Rowen or Gui have expirienced something similar
#6  January 20, 2020, 06:29:24 pm
what's new besides the update and fixes?
#7  January 20, 2020, 06:31:17 pm
    • UK

I think he added a few things from Warusaki3's Karin, like an Intro or two. I know he was asking about that version with me.
WIP Schedule:
#8  January 20, 2020, 06:58:59 pm
notice a new win pose aswell.
#9  January 20, 2020, 07:46:33 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
 ;D
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:19:37 am by Godlike Emerie
#10  January 20, 2020, 11:05:25 pm
    • UK

Oh I forgot there's only 1 step sound for her run.
WIP Schedule:
#11  January 20, 2020, 11:38:51 pm
what's new besides the update and fixes?

i recoded her. read the read me text updates part

I think he added a few things from Warusaki3's Karin, like an Intro or two. I know he was asking about that version with me.

come on buddy you really think i only added a intro or two? i did a wholeeeee lot more than that. i told what all i did. i recoded her. i updated her with the more up to date pots style coding. go and look at the original pots karin that phantom.of.the.server released years ago. and look at the coding and sff and air and command section of the edit that 2dee4ever and gui santos did. and look at my edit here. lots of codes and vars was different. i basically redo her. but pots is still the main creator. raging you know what all i do man i then explain this to you privately. i even redid the read me text in all. i did lots of work on her to update her to match the more recent pots style chars coded just like Jmorphman, Knuckles and Varo. i will also fix the things you mention. i can say my edit of her is more up to date. with the sff and air files and the sound file i had to reorganize and readd sprites and files to match pots style chars today. i plan to do cammy and honda and yuri by pots soon to same as i did with karin. yea and also i removed all those evil stuff she had to that 2dee4ever added to her years ago when he edited her.

;D

no problem. and this isnt varo char its phantom.of.the.server char i updated. yea wanted to update his cammy, honda and yuri next. and my deejay coming soon to
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:34:04 am by BahamianKing242
#12  January 20, 2020, 11:44:23 pm
    • UK

Well for the Readme you forgot to put (MAX) after her Level 1 Super names.
I was more comparing it to 2dee's original edit for that reply.

I'll admit you did great on the Recoding though, I just wish Ryu gets that treatment one day.
WIP Schedule:
#13  January 21, 2020, 12:47:08 am
oh ok yea i added a intro from warusaki3 cvskarin. and thanks man! yea tbh i do plan to recode ryu as well. im dead serious. ryu has so much shit lol. but ill do it for all of you and for me. cuz he really needs a recoding bad. so dont worry ill do that soon as well. updates are done ill reupload the karin shortly. as for the hit pause one yes its meant to be that way so ill leave that. its so she can go up higher with the hits. any other change with hit pause it wont look right.  hey and notice i added the special win quotes as well to karin! first time i actually add that to a char so that was new to me!
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:07:47 am by BahamianKing242
Re: Karin (Pots Style) By Phantom.Of.The.Server - Updated 1/20/20
#14  January 21, 2020, 01:23:08 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After some testing, I found this a huge improvement over ShinRei's original. However, there are some aesthetics that need some fixing:

-I kinda miss her "ojou" laugh in one of her intros and taunt (Don't know why this was removed as it's part of her character).
-Her normal guard sparks are mirrored when the opponent blocks.
-Her special intro with Sakura and Guy has no landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-She only has one step sound during each step of her running animation.
-Her intro with Ishizaki has an out of place step sound and a delayed step sound instead of a landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-The spark effect animation when activating custom combo is misaligned.
-Her "pal.defaults" should be 1 instead of 4 as it's not the default color.

That's all I have for now. I also have feedback plans for Sakura, but will be testing her and posting it another time since it's late where I live.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 01:27:30 pm by SolidZone 26
#15  January 21, 2020, 06:41:52 pm
After some testing, I found this a huge improvement over ShinRei's original. However, there are some aesthetics that need some fixing:

-I kinda miss her "ojou" laugh in one of her intros and taunt (Don't know why this was removed as it's part of her character).
-Her normal guard sparks are mirrored when the opponent blocks.
-Her special intro with Sakura and Guy has no landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-She only has one step sound during each step of her running animation.
-Her intro with Ishizaki has an out of place step sound and a delayed step sound instead of a landing sound effect when she touches the ground.
-The spark effect animation when activating custom combo is misaligned.
-Her "pal.defaults" should be 1 instead of 4 as it's not the default color.

That's all I have for now. I also have feedback plans for Sakura, but will be testing her and posting it another time since it's late where I live.

her laugh is in her win pose. no need to have it as a taunt as well.
mirrored guard sparks i dont get it sorry. i see no such thing
yes she does have landing effect and landing sound. hard to hear and see them cuz of the helicopter wind dust and blade sounds. its there if you actually look on the actual code
her running has two step sounds if you listen carefully. and if you look at the running code or listen the sounds in her sound file you will see its there.
i see nothing wrong with the custom combo animation spark. it might be need to be about move ahead up by two points or so but i see no big deal with it it fine to me.
for me personally i always think default pal should be where it is but you all can change it yourself if you want its a small change anyone can do so i see no big deal with that

Not that many issues (yet), but I'll post em'.
1. Gedan Yasha Gaeshi has misplaced Counter FX, and Joudan Yasha Gaeshi doesn't have it, so that's some inconsistency for ya'.

i dont think the counter fx should show up for a counter move like that. i never see that in pots style chars that has counter moves. so leave that as is.
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 06:44:58 pm by BahamianKing242
#16  January 21, 2020, 07:17:36 pm
    • UK

I mean't that Gedan Yasha Gaeshi has the Counter FX.
The Running should have 2 different step sounds, you'll have to fiddle with the animelem code to get the other sound.
Also EX Hou Shou's wall-bounce still doesn't produce a sound and I'd suggest giving Kanzuki-ryuu Kou'ou Ken a jump sound and the dust FX.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 07:21:15 pm by RagingRowen
#17  January 21, 2020, 09:42:43 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
mirrored guard sparks i dont get it sorry. i see no such thing
What do you mean you don't get it? It's literally right there if you notice it carefully. Look at Karin's guard sparks:

Which is not supposed to be like that and this applies to all of Karin's basic attacks and both sides. Now look at Sakura's:

Her's however is fine and is supposed to be that position as for all PotS style characters. Instead of saying reversed, I said "mirrored" since it means it's being flipped horizontally. If you look at a mirror, you can see yourself that the image is not the same as it's horizontal. I've been testing these type of characters for months and I know for certain if something is wrong.

yes she does have landing effect and landing sound. hard to hear and see them cuz of the helicopter wind dust and blade sounds. its there if you actually look on the actual code
Yes, I noticed the landing effect already. That's why I mentioned the sound only. But now after slowing the game down, I noticed her voice clip cuts off when he stands up and goes to her stance.

her running has two step sounds if you listen carefully. and if you look at the running code or listen the sounds in her sound file you will see its there.
No, I only hear one. This code only is configured to play 100,0 and even RagingRowen himself noticed this as well:

[State 100, Step Sound]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = (AnimElem = 3 || AnimElem = 6)
value = 100, ifElse((AnimElem = 3 || AnimElem = 6), 0, 1)

The value is supposed to be "100, ifElse((AnimElem = 3), 0, 1)". There is no animation for 6.

i see nothing wrong with the custom combo animation spark. it might be need to be about move ahead up by two points or so but i see no big deal with it it fine to me.
Even if you say there's nothing wrong, it's still slightly misaligned as it's appearing not in the middle of the character.

for me personally i always think default pal should be where it is but you all can change it yourself if you want its a small change anyone can do so i see no big deal with that
This is mostly when testing characters in Fighter Factory as it will show the palette it's set on. Not a big issue, but it's still not the default palette.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#18  January 22, 2020, 04:54:47 am
ihy buddy
#19  January 22, 2020, 05:59:33 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
I have a question? Does Karin, Sakura, Adon and Blanka have their small portraits from SFA3?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#20  February 04, 2020, 05:36:08 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I like the new stuff you put on Karin. Such good edit you did bro.