YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411503 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12341  December 21, 2019, 06:05:29 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
They just can't get those CG monsters to look right
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#12342  December 21, 2019, 07:03:14 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#12343  January 06, 2020, 04:35:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, weak season as expected; I eman, I will continue watching hiroaka and the new meguca season ended up being better than expected. but besides that, there is nothing, I already have read the railgun manga for the arc we are going to get and everytoher show just sounds ok, which probably means I will be playing catch up.

. Currently watching love live sunshine season 02 and yuno as I was stuck on episode 10 for a while. Yuno is nice, too bad it does not fit with modern sensitivities so it gets ratings lower than it should have. lls2 is just more love live, fun noticing that there is a key animator who ahs a huge ass fetish, I think he has been there all the time but it was more noticeable in this season because he did the ED.
#12344  February 02, 2020, 10:07:27 pm
Thoughts on the Winter Season:

In/Spectre is somewhat ok. I'm still not fully committed to the show because there's nothing hooking me in at the moment. It feels like Gegege no Kitaro except with a crippled waifu  as protagonist instead.

Keep Your Hands of Eizouken is by far my favorite of the season. An anime that's a celebration of the artform itself is always cool in my book and they knock it out the park every episode. I think my favorite thing is them using their voices to make the sound effects for the animation sequences.

My Hero Academia's had one hell of an arc. Still recovering from it too.

Chihaiyafuru 3 managed to up end all expectations and made for a compelling drama last arc too.

Yeah. That's really it. I'm kinda interested in watching Interspecies after funimation dropped it because it was too raunchy, even for them. That means it has to be good right.

Since it a weak season I've been planing or rewatching a few favs that getting sequels soon. Re/zero is an easy one since there doing a directors cut and I was going to rewatch it anyway. Yahari Ore is coming back after a long hiatus so I needed to jog my memory a bit. Almost done with season 2, but I remember liking it better than 1 and that's still true today.  I might rewatch Thunderbolt Fantasy because why not. My memory of s1 isn't that bad, but who doesn't want to see those merry band of dicks just making fun of Shun-or-whatever-his name is again.

Might also plan on a rewatching Stand Alone Complex again as insurance, just in case the Netflix one sucks. Speaking of which, I'm cautious optimistic about it and don't quite hear the monkey paw's finger curling yet. The only upsetting development is no Yoko Kanno ost.

Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:12:01 pm by LurkerSupreme
#12345  February 04, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

Keep Your Hands of Eizouken:

I think I shoudl watch this show, but this season has been weird for me, more info at eleven.

About rezero, keep you eyes peeled,particularly in the last episode. In the first season they skipped a scnee that changes the meaning ending quite a bit, I am seriosuly expecting them to add that scene to end with a gut punch; kind of what happened with steins gate where they cahnged the last episode to bait for the second season, except this time the content has always been in  the novel.

My hero academia has been pretty good; just a bit sad that toga's  arc won't make it for this season and most likely neither for the next season, so I will have to wait until 2021-22., it's still  the best current shounen.

Thunderbolt fantasy. I only watched the first season and the ovas that came right after it, so I got lots of catch up to do, tho I am currently catching up with love live sunshine after finishing yu-no ( boy that one was fun ).

I want to be optimistic regarding the new gits, but I just can't :(., I wil still give it a try, but I fear that this will break the rule that a mediocre gits is still better than most good shows.

This has been a weird season, at first I only intended to continue hero academia, while adding madoka and railgun,because even if they have  a source material i am familiar with (less for madoka, but I am famliar with the way the spinoffs work), they woudl still be pretty competent, fun show. It was a good coincidence that both madoka and railgun are yuri titles. What I was not expecting was to get so many stealth yuri shows.
I start monday with seton gakuen, with the wolf girl kissing all the girls she can and then it had the futa episode, overall is a very fun comedy, but it really fucked up by having ti's weakest episodes as teh first two.
No yuri on tuesday as the only yuri-ish show in isekora is tanya, but isekora is pretty fun, it looks that they did not tought out well the shiled hero there, so he barely appears; it has still been really fun watch people drop this show because it has been poisoned by the shield hero, lol.

Wednesday there is Shield Art Online which is as yuri as the average cute girls doing cute things show,I ahve to admit it's refreshing wathcing what would otherwise would be a death match vrmmorpg show take this route instead , having the characters just leisurely playing the game. It has some solid combat scenes and wathcing mapple break the game out of pure mental fortitude and being weird is pretty fun.

Thursday is pretty crazy with 3 shows, Nekopara took out the mc straight relationships and it's all about the catgirls, according to people who played the game, taking out the mc (he barely registers as a secondary charcter in the anime) improved the plot ten fold. Show by rock has always had those small yuri vibes (CGDCT) though I am still not ahead enough in this season to feel them ( have only watched the first episode) but I always found it to be a cute, fun show to watch and the music is enjoyable.Oshibudo comes full yuri by having two of the idols in the first stages of a romantic relationship but it's mostly about mc be a girl who likes a female idol what sells it as a yuri show; as a general show I get heavy genshiken vibes there, where the show is self deprecating without being depressing

On friday there is railgun, I alreayd ahve read the manga, but it's still nice to watch it agian with good production values (poor index/accelerator seasons :( ).Asteroid in love is a typical CGDCT show, the love part is here isn the title, it has leaned more to the edutainment aspect, such as teaching people that the earth rotates, but the yuri was clear since the first episode, ther'e too many CGDTG shows this season but the geology shit is pretty looking. Honorable mention to rikei-something, that also has some yuri, though I am not watching because I found the premise pretty stupid.

Saturday there is hiroaka, no yuri unless toga is there, but I am watching it, the yakuza arc was great. Madoka magica is a fun spinoff which still has me intrigued on what will it experiment on as madoka spinoffs tend to experiment with the magical girl formula (like having  non humans becoming magical girls in one of them or some clever fights in the jeanne de arc one); Ishizoku reviewers isa  good fanservice show, with the twist that is' just a bunch of dudes visiting whorehouses instead of being a random highschool show, it gets extrapoints for doing the celver uncensoring that anime almost never does but  happens a lot in manga ( liek to loveru for example ). FGO I was watching before the season started and while not my favorite fate product or arc, I am enjoying it (also some yuri if you remember that gudao could be gudako, but that's forcing it); Finally there is the 22/7 show, which some people were expecting to be an idol show deconstruction while completely missing the memo that it is an akb show first, an anime second. it's been pretty good and the yuri level is as expected of akb.I like the akb shows after all so I am biased AF there,  one particularly noteworthy thing is that mio's voice acting is like a live action series and not like an anime.

#12346  February 08, 2020, 03:58:29 pm
Finally got a chance to watch the second half of season 1 from Netflix's Saint Seiya.
The 3D is fine, the animation is okay enough (well, for the characters' movements, anyway), and the Silver Saints fights are a step up from the first half, but man, the entire sound department just decided to fuck off from the entire series. Only the opening and ending are good (opening is great), and everything else is ultra generic and has zero tension, rhythm, or impact. Garbage music, garbage sound effects.
The complete lack of visual effects around the characters (beside the fireballs) is just the last nail in the coffin. Moses' Kaitos Spouting Bomber is literally one still frame with generic music in the back and a balloon pop. Jamian's black wing coffin thing is literally one still frame of a pack of feathers on everybody's legs, the camera looks at something else for a second, and then another still shot of everyone completely engulfed in black feathers, with zero movement. It's one solid object, not a bunch of feathers gathering on the target.
edit- oh wait, the tension in the music gets better in the very last fight against Graad. Okay, that's better, but that's really late.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 05:09:12 pm by Byakko
#12347  February 10, 2020, 05:32:27 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol, still shots in 3d.
#12348  February 10, 2020, 07:13:30 pm
  • SNK is life
Might also plan on a rewatching Stand Alone Complex again as insurance, just in case the Netflix one sucks. Speaking of which, I'm cautious optimistic about it and don't quite hear the monkey paw's finger curling yet. The only upsetting development is no Yoko Kanno ost.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HK_l9NHBw4[/youtube]
It took me by surprise to see the "Character Designs by Ilya Kuvshinov"

I've been following this guy for years on Twitter, and upon inspection, they really respected his designs when translating into 3D https://twitter.com/Kuvshinov_Ilya

#12349  February 10, 2020, 08:05:47 pm
lol, still shots in 3d.
Well, it does a decent job at reproducing the manga panel, I assume that's what they wanted to do, but at least make it move in the wind a little and put some fucking special effect that moves here and there.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12350  February 10, 2020, 09:23:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, it should not be a big deal to use some generic particle generators for the movement.

I've been following this guy for years on Twitter, and upon inspection, they really respected his designs when translating into 3D https://twitter.com/Kuvshinov_Ilya

well, now I feel a little bit better about the designs.
#12351  February 11, 2020, 03:43:31 pm

wait you mean kronprince? he's a pro now? even way back he was really talented , i'm actually not surprised at all.
#12352  February 13, 2020, 03:12:24 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Enishi reveal - 4th Rurouni Kenshin live-action.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#12353  February 17, 2020, 05:05:29 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#12354  March 11, 2020, 04:09:25 pm
    • Germany
Teaser trailer for the Digimon Adventure remake is out.

#12355  March 24, 2020, 01:28:08 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Rumored leaked footage for the trailer of Sailormoon Eternal.

[/youtube]
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#12356  March 24, 2020, 02:01:22 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
A couple days old but ehhh what the hell.

PV for Tite Kubo's Burn the Witch:

#12357  March 24, 2020, 02:27:16 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
So Seven Deadly Sins just had it's last chapter go up.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

THE FEELS
#12358  March 25, 2020, 09:50:56 am
best anime continues and now debuting koala commander.. still waiting for bob semple
#12359  April 02, 2020, 06:48:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
As far as the new season goes, only bakarina and oregairu for me (tho I think I already said it before in this thread)

And one shows that is going to wait one extra season because of covid is rezero; well the next video should make the wait easier.

This is the added scene some of us were talking about when they announced a remaster.

#12360  April 16, 2020, 06:20:32 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Another webtoon gets an anime