YesNoOk

M206 Project Thread: Pag.18 tiger intro, flame particles, shijou saikyou no kick (Read 507863 times)

Started by M206, December 06, 2017, 04:56:42 pm
Share this topic:
Re: M206 Project Thread: Pag.16 *NEW SFV TIGER CANNON REDRAWN*
#321  February 04, 2020, 06:08:42 pm
Tiger Cannon animation- great.
Elbow animation- now here we have problems. The viewer's right ankle shall NOT be static in a movement like this. And look at the viewer's left toes, you need to fix them too to be more straight on the ground instead of spinning with the leg like that.

@trololo: thanks, I think i've understood what you mean.

better?
new:

old:
#322  February 04, 2020, 06:10:29 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Cool
#323  February 05, 2020, 05:59:25 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
You fixed the viewer's left angle, but you still need to work on the viewer's right ankle. Try it like that:
#324  February 05, 2020, 03:29:54 pm
You fixed the viewer's left angle, but you still need to work on the viewer's right ankle. Try it like that:

if you check carefully i've "improved" the right ankle too.. are you able to check it frame by frame? so you can suggest me the exact sprite number to fix in the animation.. ;) ;)

thanks in advance. ;) ;)
#325  February 11, 2020, 08:13:40 pm
@trololo:

i've improved it a little bit:

and improved sfv strong punch too:

old:

new:

#326  February 12, 2020, 09:45:07 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Yeah, that Elbow looks nicer now.
And I dunno, I think the newer HP animation looks worse than the older one. The legs shading change in one single frame is a sore in the eye, while in older anim the shading is consistent. Bandages on the feet change their forms too. Again, unlike the older anim.
You better try and look at the previous frame while making a new one to try and make it all more consistent, OK?
#327  February 13, 2020, 03:55:46 pm
thanks for your feedback, yes i knew it has to be improved in some parts ;)

here you are rev.3:

#328  February 13, 2020, 11:13:18 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Now this one looks much better. But there is still a problem with the viewer's right foot's bandages. Sure, you prolonged it for some frames, but it still blinks as something shorter at the beginning and the end.
Well, other than that it's a really good job.
#329  February 15, 2020, 04:12:02 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
most fluid fight I've ever seen Legendary terry bogard versus this creation it almost looks like a grudge fight. These are definitely fighters of the same tier.
#330  February 16, 2020, 07:47:35 am

if you check carefully i've "improved" the right ankle too.. are you able to check it frame by frame? so you can suggest me the exact sprite number to fix in the animation.. ;) ;)

thanks in advance. ;) ;)

funny thing is muay thai teachers would wack you with a stick if they saw you lifting your foot like that. especially in linear kicks since it's one of the common movements a seasoned muay thai practitioners would watch to see where the attack would be coming from.
that's why you see a lot of muay thai practitioners practice to be flat footed instead on toes, plus being flat foot give you more balance too.  but then again on toe kicks in visual looks more natural.
Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:55:06 am by 地獄の花
#331  February 16, 2020, 09:16:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia

thanks in advance. ;) ;)

funny thing is muay thai teachers would wack you with a stick if they saw you lifting your foot like that. especially in linear kicks since it's one of the common movements a seasoned muay thai practitioners would watch to see where the attack would be coming from.
that's why you see a lot of muay thai practitioners practice to be flat footed instead on toes, plus being flat foot give you more balance too.  but then again on toe kicks in visual looks more natural.

Please, look at the animation I was referring to before saying something completely irrelevant.

I don't think any Muai Thai teacher will object to basic mechanics.
#332  February 18, 2020, 05:55:59 pm
thanks everyone for the feedback.

find some time to improve sfv "tiger spike"

old:

new:

it's not perfect but i like the result. what do you think??
Re: M206 Project Thread: Pag.17 *NEW SFV TIGER SPIKE /FOCUS ATTACK REDRAWN*
#333  February 18, 2020, 09:01:12 pm
  • SNK is life
It's getting close to perfection, but you definitely have to change the areas that suffer no alterations between a couple of frames, like his lower back, or the waist of his shorts. Any small change will make a difference in the right direction for the full animation to look legit :thumbsup:
#334  February 19, 2020, 05:38:11 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I like the quality of that new animation. It's smooth and fluid.
But have to admit, it kinda feels wrong: I just don't feel his hitting leg. Like it skips the mainframe of animation, the moment to connect, and goes straight to recovery. Also because of that, his leg feels short.
Besides, you gave too dark likes to his muscles. It's not really a minus, but this will clash with the rest of sprites being SFA Style and all...
#335  February 19, 2020, 08:17:18 am
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
Cool

#336  February 19, 2020, 04:31:50 pm
thanks everyone.

@trololo: maybe in action you could change your view:

i've added one small attack frame.. in the future i'd like to finish some recovery sprites that are missing. :) :)
#337  May 08, 2020, 10:42:56 am
seems that someone at BANDAI NAMCO played with my sagat in mugen, liked it, and then developed a new fighter in tekken 7 named  Fahkumram taking some inspirations. :D :D :D

here a pc mod with a lot of combos that i've already inlcuded in my sagat through the years.

#338  May 08, 2020, 11:33:10 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
seems that someone at BANDAI NAMCO played with my sagat in mugen, liked it, and then developed a new fighter in tekken 7 named  Fahkumram taking some inspirations. :D :D :D

here a pc mod with a lot of combos that i've already inlcuded in my sagat through the years.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqc2K8VaVZs[/youtube]

It always happens.
Back in days SNK playmore almost ripped a sprite edit from MFG of Boxer.
And they took inspiration to make the actual SVC Boxer in the official game.
#339  May 08, 2020, 01:26:05 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I actually thought you'd take inspiration from him with new moves at first.
Unless it's just a classic coincidence, it's a small world lemme tell ya.

There was actually a rumor that he's a leftover from a planned Tekken X Street Fighter (Not SFxT) Sagat.

WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#340  May 08, 2020, 02:52:07 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
new:

it's not perfect but i like the result. what do you think??

seems fine for me, you need to keep the frame rate, and this fits the style, if you put very much frames, it will be life sf3, and it need to be more CVS or SFA. timing and frames looks right to the style of char, good stance too.

It always happens.
Back in days SNK playmore almost ripped a sprite edit from MFG of Boxer.
And they took inspiration to make the actual SVC Boxer in the official game.

oh man! idk about that, do you had screens or the story with more details, will be pretty cool to see it