YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734614 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1961  February 13, 2020, 08:44:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Wow, the Devil is gonna officially show up in Smash? :datass:

And I thought Abraham Lincoln was the most unexpected celebrity they ever managed to bring up here...
Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:39:46 pm by NDSilva
#1962  February 19, 2020, 03:52:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Sakurai’s next column seems to confirm that the second Fighters Pass will be the last one.  Also that there aren’t any current plans for the next Smash Bros title at this time.

Good, I say.  Let the poor man have a break.  He’s been working on Smash Bros nonstop since Sm4sh started development.
Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 04:00:03 pm by Person Man
#1963  February 19, 2020, 04:20:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1964  February 20, 2020, 03:14:54 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I hope this is the final Smash game and hope this DLC pack is the final one because there's absolutely no way the next Smash game will be as epic as this. Sakurai deserves the break he needs because he worked his butt off trying to get all these fighters to work.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:29:15 am by DarkWolf13
#1965  February 20, 2020, 02:45:46 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I hope this is the final Smash game and hope this DLC pack is the final one because there's absolutely no way the next Smash game will be as epic as this. Sakurai deserves the break he needs because he worked his butt off trying to get all these fighters to work.

I agree with around 10 dlc characters now that should be enough of that
#1966  February 20, 2020, 11:08:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
You know it's not going to be the final Smash game...

Nintendo will keep making Smash games with or without Sakurai.
#1967  February 20, 2020, 11:53:14 pm
  • Aaaaaaa
  • Aaaaaaa
There can be a new Smash game. However, it can't go the direction of "Ultimate but with more stuff", but it'll have to change things up a lot in order to have a smaller scale, but also stay fresh. Perhaps more single player content (I wouldn't even mind fleshing out Spirit mode to be a bit more engaging than what it is, the heart is in the right place, but it has a good amount of issues), or with a big new mechanic or two.
Fortnite 2 baby.
#1968  February 21, 2020, 01:28:46 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The last two were also the last Smash games that were going to be made.  The series will continue with or without him, it's just a matter of quality upon his departure.  Hopefully by then it will be on agreeable terms though and it's something like those studying under him take the reins.  Because he does deserve a break from this at some point.

Beggers can't be choosers, but since they confirmed this second pass is the only thing they got planned, boy do I hope it's a jaw-dropping selection.  Kinda goes without saying, most would probably agree, but while I'm sure the series will survive beyond Sakurai, it's not like we should be expecting a new title any time remotely soon so the bigger the send-off the better.
#1969  February 21, 2020, 01:55:06 am
    • USA
To be perfectly clear, the article only says that "no future Smash Bros games are being planned at this time" and not "there are no plans to ever do another Smash Bros game."   Obviously the series will eventually continue, they're just not planning on a sequel to Ultimate any time soon.
#1970  February 21, 2020, 01:58:29 am
    • Brazil
Yeah, it is very naive to think just because Sakurai will (or not) leave, they will never make another Smash game. Its true that this one is the best of the series by far, and with the ammount of franchises it brought, it pretty much became an offical MUGEN of sorts, which makes it incredibly unique among other games (aside from its gameplay, of course), but there is no reason for us to believe that such a successful series will just vanish.
#1971  February 29, 2020, 04:24:53 am
    • USA
For absolutely no discernable reason, a single spirit from Warframe was added during the latest spirit board event.

#1972  February 29, 2020, 11:22:19 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Technically two since you can enhance her.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1973  March 08, 2020, 09:17:39 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
We truly live in a weird timeline, huh...
This is fate.
#1974  March 10, 2020, 05:56:18 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Wave 2 DLC predictions, but with a few actually interesting facts thrown in there -

#1975  March 11, 2020, 02:06:22 am
    • Brazil
I sincerely doubt most of those will ever be included:

- Birdo is extremely unlikely with Waluigi being the most requested Mario character
- The Prince didn't have a game for a long while, and the last one he had wasn't that big of a deal, he isn't on the level of Sonic, who managed to get away with lots of garbage games (and even then, Sonic has some good ones as well)
- Sirfetch'd may be popular, but there are many more popular choices, like the starters, the legendary wolves and maybe even one of the upcoming DLCs
- Those stupid bears don't even need to be mentioned, nobody cares about them
- Shenmue had a niche audience whose last game had a very poor reception, nobody cares about Ryo
- Geno actually does have a chance, but even then, he was favored by the fans for a long time and Nintendo didn't do jack shit about it
- I could see the Xenoblade kids be added, but I still don't think they'd be favored over the competition
- The only other character from the Metal Gear franchise I can see added is Raiden, and with a small chance, Big Boss has pretty much nothing
- Crash has a quite high chance, you don't need "math" to get to him
- I can see the Contra Commandos be added, despite the franchise being pretty much dead, its still a classic
- I can see 2B getting in as well, but when it comes to modern games, she has lots of competition
- Dr. Eggman is a classic villain, and It surprises me how little people seem to care about him being added, I can see him making it in, but the chances aren't big

In conclusion: this is all bullshit, no math can predict the next group of DLCs, because its not a robot picking them.
Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 04:19:20 am by Macaulyn97
#1976  March 11, 2020, 03:49:01 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
The Prince = Katamari?

Over a Tekken character? Yikes. Birdo is my favorite Mario character and that would be even more yikes than Rosalina's 1 game (as a major character not a character select by the time of Smash 4) ass. The only other Mario character should be Paper Mario.

Robotnik over another fast animal person though? I hope that is true. They couldn't even get Dr. Wily to work as a character, Robotnik has no chance sadly.

Which bears? What moveset would Lance from Contra even have? They're literal perfect assisst though.

Why couldn't Raiden have a chance, not counting... All-Stars...?
Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:52:42 am by MR. IBZS II
#1977  March 11, 2020, 03:56:15 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Sirfetch'd may be popular, but there are many more popular choices, like the starters, the legendary wolves....
Yet they are spirits.  Zarude so far from what I've seen hasn't really clicked on interest with the fanbase and neither are the new legendaries.

Only choices I see for a Galar rep is Toxtricity or Dragupult who was voted as the most popular Galar mon in Google's Pokemon of the Year polls with the former as the second best.  Still holding out on this one.  Then again Incineroar didn't became top Alola pick from said poll so take with truck loads of salt.

Of course, final starter evos might have a chance if Gamefreak wanna push promoting their DLC by introducing their new Giga formes for their Final Smashes.

Cause Spirit.

I'm ok with Quiet along with MGS5 tracks.

And speaking of Spirits, Ring Fit spirits are coming.
Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 04:04:03 am by Kirishima
#1978  March 11, 2020, 04:18:32 am
    • Brazil
The Prince = Katamari?

Over a Tekken character? Yikes. Birdo is my favorite Mario character and that would be even more yikes than Rosalina's 1 game (as a major character not a character select by the time of Smash 4) ass. The only other Mario character should be Paper Mario.

Robotnik over another fast animal person though? I hope that is true. They couldn't even get Dr. Wily to work as a character, Robotnik has no chance sadly.

Which bears? What moveset would Lance from Contra even have? They're literal perfect assisst though.

Prince of Persia, watch the video. As a matter of fact, I had included Raiden as the example in my post, I deleted it by accident. Also, Robotnik cannot be made to work? With all possible references to his machines? Are you that low on imagination?

Sirfetch'd may be popular, but there are many more popular choices, like the starters, the legendary wolves....
Yet they are spirits.  Zarude so far from what I've seen hasn't really clicked on interest with the fanbase and neither are the new legendaries.

Only choices I see for a Galar rep is Toxtricity or Dragupult who was voted as the most popular Galar mon in Google's Pokemon of the Year polls with the former as the second best.  Still holding out on this one.  Then again Incineroar didn't became top Alola pick from said poll so take with truck loads of salt.

Of course, final starter evos might have a chance if Gamefreak wanna push promoting their DLC by introducing their new Giga formes for their Final Smashes.

Cause Spirit.

I'm ok with Quiet along with MGS5 tracks.
Honestly, I doubt "spirits" will keep characters away from too long. Sure, its true that, among the current DLC cast, none were spirits before, but some spirits are just too important to keep out, they can just swap the spirits for something else and make the character DLC regardless.
#1979  March 11, 2020, 04:36:10 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Trust me I collect Donald edits I think I have imagination.

Spirits are just the worst too...

Also, read again. I said Lance Bean has very little moveset potential. Robotnik just spewing machine parts out of his body would look like shit outside of Mugen, though.
#1980  March 11, 2020, 08:39:19 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Nah, just put him in a compact mecha - ala Tron Bonne, or even Bowser Jr. - and he could still offer some real fresh stuff. ;)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

EDIT:
Yo, listen to the first 20 minutes of this video. They just happen to give some pretty consistent thoughts about this particular topic too :P:

EDIT2:
Well, because there's no much activity or news to comment upon lately, I just feel like throwing another pretty solid (totally not just because it almost lines up with my personal wishes) list: :)
Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:20:40 pm by NDSilva