YesNoOk

Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed  (Read 1286560 times)

Started by Cong Fu Man, March 13, 2020, 01:36:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Corona virus...where do you live and how have your life changed
#61  March 19, 2020, 12:00:11 am
    • Canada
I live in the lower mainland area of BC, aka Greater Vancouver. population of 2.5 million, due to the close proximity to Seattle, and population density our cases have started to explode. Right now they are only testing people in critical condition and the numbers are skyrocketing. 180+ already. Our Government waited way too long to mandate anything and even two weeks ago was saying, "oh yeah go outside, spend money."

We just declared a state of emergency today. Thankfully I can work from home, and business hasn't suffered to much. but we already dropped like 25% and I'm worried if it will get worse. Even though its in Canada, we are owned by an American multi-national, so we could all get rolled over so some execs portfolio doesn't dip too low.
#62  March 19, 2020, 01:16:59 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Live in Maryland suburbs. Did an accidental Thirteen cosplay (black jacket, red shirt, beige pants with my earloop mask). Busses became free. Bread aisle was still barren. No instated curfews, but all restaurants have banned sit-down eating. Every place is doing free delivery, which I can't take advantage of because I have no money.

There was plenty of people still out and about, but it seems like everyone is stocking up for worse.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#63  March 19, 2020, 02:44:12 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
This might fall on deaf ears for the majority of the populace, but seeing as stupidity is more infectious than this virus I just want rant about a few things.

Not saying this to you guys, but people in general need to stop freaking out about this virus and calm their collected shit. This is virus is bad yes, but it isn’t the apocalyptic super virus that many mainstream media and news makes it out to be. They’re so fixated on numbers regarding the number of cases and deaths that they’re indirectly the cause of all the fear and panic that’s been going on the world. It’s ironic that the one number they always seem to omit is the number of people who actually recovered, while yes the virus can be lethal the majority of those who contract it will experience mild symptoms that go away after a week or two.

The amount of lockdowns and and closures going around the world maybe worrisome, but I assure you this is probably the best course of action for the time being. I would rather close everything down and reduce the spread than leaving everything open and risk infecting more people. People have lost their jobs because of it, but plenty of new ones are being opened right now so it’s probably the best time right now to work at places like grocery stores. The government is also actively taking steps to ensure that everyone affected by this will be compensated in some way be it financial aid or freezing payments.

There’s probably a bunch of other things I want to rant about, I just hope that this post helps calm those in this forum who are currently feeling some sort of fear or anxiety over these trying times even just a little. While it’s ok to be concerned and worried, it’s by no means a time for panic as that will absolutely do nothing in this situation. Just take it a day at a time and try your best to stay away from always looking at news. While it’s good to stay up to date, sometimes ignorance is bliss and will make your day by day much more bearable without the constant overly dramatic doom posting that most people will try to shove down your throat. Stay safe and healthy everyone, I have no doubt in my mind we’ll get through this.
#64  March 19, 2020, 03:15:36 am
    • Canada
I live in the lower mainland area of BC, aka Greater Vancouver. population of 2.5 million, due to the close proximity to Seattle, and population density our cases have started to explode. Right now they are only testing people in critical condition and the numbers are skyrocketing. 180+ already. Our Government waited way too long to mandate anything and even two weeks ago was saying, "oh yeah go outside, spend money."

We just declared a state of emergency today. Thankfully I can work from home, and business hasn't suffered to much. but we already dropped like 25% and I'm worried if it will get worse. Even though its in Canada, we are owned by an American multi-national, so we could all get rolled over so some execs portfolio doesn't dip too low.

Yup. BC and Ontario are hot spots right now unfortunately (Alberta is quickly creeping up too). My roommate just lost his job today (closed down) and my private gym just shutdown as well. Not good...
#65  March 19, 2020, 03:36:24 am
  • all is love in fair and war
suddenly social recluse is the new norm, I wonder if it would leave more permanent imprint in society to avoid crowding and wearing mask becoming more normal just like in some asian countries
#66  March 19, 2020, 03:38:43 am
    • USA
When all of Canada is still under 600 cases, that is fuckin ludicrous. I assume Florida alone is likely a breeding ground right now...

Please consume good food, take your vitamins/supplements, exercise, and keep your health strong American brothers!

Speaking of Florida, this popped up in my Facebook news feed:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-florida-beaches-ignore-social-distancing/

This is why humans are stupid!
#67  March 19, 2020, 04:15:17 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
What about Bad Mr. Frosty, Boogerman, Tiny, High Five, and CF63 1/3 Lifebars?
I've been disconnnected from MUGEN since november for various reasons, but I'll eventually come back for them...
But this is about coronavirus, which is more important than that

Hey guys, here we went since phase 1 to phase 4 in 3 days thanks to the incompetent shitheads of my government, thankfully most of the business stated their workers to stay home meanwhile... sadly not all, and still are some places like shopping malls that are still open despite of the virus, what a SOABs those entrepreneurs

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#68  March 19, 2020, 06:30:30 am
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
I'm still surprised about our country Basara, they're shitheads for real.

To inform the forum, our country is second worst case of total of infected people just after China during the first two weeks. Our health system is terrible, and just think about Italy, they've a decent health system and look at their now. The young people of course is gonna be fine, but the older ones?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549
#69  March 19, 2020, 09:08:27 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So here in PR, we had a few positive cases with a more suspected cases on the way.
We got a government imposed curfew, everyone needs to be home by 9PM and only supermarkets, medical places, gas stations and fast foods with drive through are allowed to be open.
#70  March 19, 2020, 12:44:27 pm
so basically urban areas are fucked , i'm staying at a not so populated area of the city. most here are offices.

good thing i manage to get my family out and flew them back in our home island when i heard the capital was gonna get locked down. still stayed here cause i've got guys who doesn't know what to do or where to go cause they can't live the city,  manage to keep the shop open though limited hours and set up beds for my guys to sleep in inside. profit is the same and i still have contact with my suppliers and they still are working.

heard some big companies are closed for a whole month , fast food is closed for 3 days and they are waiting for whatever the local units will say. good thing it's the summer break , if this happened in september or it spread before it came to japan or korea i don't think my country would take it seriously.

heard some big pharm in the US is having a legal battle with china for the vaccine cause they want to patent the vaccine and sell it to people.
#71  March 20, 2020, 02:38:28 am
heard some big pharm in the US is having a legal battle with china for the vaccine cause they want to patent the vaccine and sell it to people.
A few days ago Trump got told to piss off for trying to buy a German company that's working on a vaccine, because he wanted only the US to have it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#72  March 20, 2020, 06:33:27 am
with all this news about US businesses under a pause, still US$ is skyrocketing... what's going on? in the last 2 days my currency is going down drastically being in a country probably not as affected by covid19, obviously not the time to upgrade PC or change cellphone these days.
#73  March 20, 2020, 03:48:49 pm
basically every countries economy is getting fucked. plus with china's shipment getting banned in a lot of country US has been taking advantage of it plus they are releasing cheap oil in the global market so that's helping them a lot. but don't worry after this fiasco all market will sky rocket too probably even better than what they were before the pandemic. so don't sell your stocks yet guys hold on to them.

A few days ago Trump got told to piss off for trying to buy a German company that's working on a vaccine, because he wanted only the US to have it.

can't believe that it is true... thought it was just propaganda.
there's a lot of countries working for their own vaccine but problem is if it the court sided with the US i don't know what's gonna happen. china has one , france and germany is working a version of their own even my country has having progress with it. i'm not an expert in patents and i don't know what laws apply to what in these type of situation.
Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:52:26 pm by 地獄の花
#74  March 21, 2020, 12:36:20 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
I live in Kentucky, in a very rural county. Started gettin' concerned about this whole thing about a week ago, and now I'm very concerned. No confirmed cases in our county  yet, although there are rumors of a case in the county. There are cases starting to creep towards us from the outermost counties. Schools are closed, non-essential businesses are supposed to be closed, and restaurants are carry-out and delivery only.

I work at a CPA office, and I don't believe we're going to close unless there's a government mandated shutdown of all businesses. My boss and a coworker are working from home, and half the people at the office are freaking out and considering staying home, which won't make things any easier for me and my other coworkers.

I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about my grandparents. They're in their 60's, 70's, and 80's and all but one of them are in rough shape as it is. As someone who has lived minutes away from their grandparents their whole life, it's killing me to not go over there and see them. I'm afraid to go hang out with my dad and brothers as well, since my dad goes up to take stuff to my grandparents and I don't wanna risk passing it along to my brothers or dad to get it passed along to my grandparents. It's been my weekend routine my whole life to go visit all of them, and now having to abstain from doing it out of fear for their well-being isn't very fun, to put it mildly. It's funny, my daily routine itself hasn't really  changed, but just the fact of knowing what's going on seems to give off a strange vibe.   
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#75  March 21, 2020, 12:42:58 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Infected count is up to 53 in New Zealand, the government here just announced a daily alert system as they believe there has been community transmission.
#76  March 21, 2020, 02:40:01 am
    • Chile
My life has not changed much since I don't go outside very much - I rather be inside all day - and since I was doing work from home, plus buying small groceries from the local supermarket from time to time, the only change is that I can't visit my mum.

April is the death month.
#77  March 21, 2020, 02:43:23 am
  • Future Funk Punk
    • Canada
Ontario just started a state of emergency about an hours ago.
#78  March 21, 2020, 03:21:43 am
I live in Kentucky, in a very rural county. Started gettin' concerned about this whole thing about a week ago, and now I'm very concerned. No confirmed cases in our county  yet, although there are rumors of a case in the county. There are cases starting to creep towards us from the outermost counties. Schools are closed, non-essential businesses are supposed to be closed, and restaurants are carry-out and delivery only.

I work at a CPA office, and I don't believe we're going to close unless there's a government mandated shutdown of all businesses. My boss and a coworker are working from home, and half the people at the office are freaking out and considering staying home, which won't make things any easier for me and my other coworkers.

I'm not worried about myself, I'm worried about my grandparents. They're in their 60's, 70's, and 80's and all but one of them are in rough shape as it is. As someone who has lived minutes away from their grandparents their whole life, it's killing me to not go over there and see them. I'm afraid to go hang out with my dad and brothers as well, since my dad goes up to take stuff to my grandparents and I don't wanna risk passing it along to my brothers or dad to get it passed along to my grandparents. It's been my weekend routine my whole life to go visit all of them, and now having to abstain from doing it out of fear for their well-being isn't very fun, to put it mildly. It's funny, my daily routine itself hasn't really  changed, but just the fact of knowing what's going on seems to give off a strange vibe.

as long as you don't feel any symptoms cant you just take a shower and change clothes before going home?
#79  March 21, 2020, 03:41:05 am
You can be a carrier and feel no symptom. If you touch your face, you're transmitting it, and it might get to someone who might be vulnerable.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#80  March 21, 2020, 05:39:17 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Mexico now has 164 cases with two confirmed deaths.

And China is not wasting time on sending help to Europe aand Latin America.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.