YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209176 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#341  March 23, 2020, 06:43:13 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Nope, Epic never said it would be exclusive, and SNK themselves never said anything. People are just assuming that based solely on Epic announcing it first (before even SNK themselves).
#342  March 23, 2020, 07:02:15 pm
    • Brazil
Nope, Epic never said it would be exclusive, and SNK themselves never said anything. People are just assuming that based solely on Epic announcing it first (before even SNK themselves).

Then why didn't SNK announce it themselves if the PC version isn't EGS exclusive then? Like, this doesn't make sense to me. All they're doing is making people who were waiting for the PC version angry and confused.
Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:17:44 pm by Good_Wall533
#343  March 23, 2020, 07:15:26 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Excuse me but what the actual hell...
Epic Games keeps ruining since 2017.
This is fate.
#344  March 24, 2020, 04:46:38 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If I were to guess, I think Epic wasn't even supposed to make this announcement in the first place. SNK's offices are closed down due to COVID-19.
#345  March 24, 2020, 10:24:41 am
well snk is owned by chinese guys and epic is 40% owned by tencent. but if they want more profit i don't think snk will have exclusivity deals with epic.
#346  March 26, 2020, 02:34:22 am
    • Brazil
https://imgur.com/a/Pw0H1Sq

According to SNK Brazil, The reason why SS is releasing on Epic instead of Steam (or even both) is because they weren't satisfied with the release of SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy on Steam. Sales on the platform were pretty low compared to the Switch and PS4 version, even though they just dropped the thing on Steam out of nowhere with almost no advertising and also at full price too. Hope they're happy too, cause I'm pretty sure this game is gonna sell even worse on EGS.
#347  March 26, 2020, 04:44:51 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
lol wheres the source on this besides a random facebook page
#348  March 26, 2020, 05:07:59 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
According to SNK Brazil

Which is just a Facebook fanpage with no connection with SNK themselves, and who are also just speculating. SNK still hasn't made any official announcement so far.

On other news:

#349  March 26, 2020, 06:30:31 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
According to SNK Brazil
Which is just a Facebook fanpage with no connection with SNK themselves, and who are also just speculating. SNK still hasn't made any official announcement so far.

Yeah, "SNK WORLD" has absolutely no connection to the actual SNK, from what i can tell.

And i find the idea of SNK dropping Steam just because of SNK Heroines to be questionable, especially considering all the games that SNK have published on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=_ASC&force_infinite=1&snr=1_7_7_230_7&publisher=SNK%20CORPORATION&page=1

Like Magma said earlier, Epic probably made the announcement before SNK were ready and before they wanted them to do so.
#350  March 26, 2020, 12:18:03 pm
    • Brazil
According to SNK Brazil

On other news:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27LQwf1gzM[/youtube]

I know but I forgot to clarify that in my post, my bad. But like I said in my earlier post, SNK is only making people angry and confused by not saying anything.
#351  March 26, 2020, 02:53:18 pm
heroines was to be expected to do bad and was treated as a novelty game. it actually did good imo. they used recycled assets and probably made a profit.
#352  March 26, 2020, 09:20:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The thing is, what do you do when the exclusivity payment is bigger than your expected steam profit?
#353  March 27, 2020, 08:55:42 am
then it's stupid business to give that much money just for exclusivity and bragging rights. epic would have no profit if they do such kind of business.
i'm not against epic and i actually love to see something to rival steam , but they aren't doing it right. they can't be called rivals if they have the same prices. epic should focus selling games in much cheaper value and stop squandering their money on exclusivity. if i were epic i would give money to help developers rather have exclusivity deals and hinder the overall sales of games i would have a deal with them that they could sell their games cheaper.

it's a win win situation epic gets it's investments back and make a clear profit , developers and companies have better overall sales.
Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:06:40 am by 地獄の花
#354  March 27, 2020, 05:03:55 pm
  • SNK is life
then it's stupid business to give that much money just for exclusivity and bragging rights. epic would have no profit if they do such kind of business.
Don't assume as much, you would be surprised to know what a company as big as Electronic Arts with successful IPs like FIFA, MADDEN, STAR WARS, BATTLEFIELD, THE SIMS, ETC. would be willing to shell out as a tax deductible marketing expense just to be able to say they have a product that can compete with Steam (even if it actually can't, but don't tell anyone).

#355  March 27, 2020, 05:09:51 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Epic isn't EA. But Epic is massively lucrative off Fortnite alone.
#356  March 27, 2020, 06:49:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Don't assume as much, you would be surprised to know what a company as big as Electronic Arts with successful IPs like FIFA, MADDEN, STAR WARS, BATTLEFIELD, THE SIMS, ETC. would be willing to shell out as a tax deductible marketing expense just to be able to say they have a product that can compete with Steam (even if it actually can't, but don't tell anyone).

And it's the gamers that think they have to compete with steam, as far as we know, maybe their only goal is to be profitable and they don't care for steam; that works for microsot bing after all.
#357  May 07, 2020, 02:01:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Iroha Gameplay Trailer inbound...
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#358  June 22, 2020, 05:43:23 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#359  June 22, 2020, 12:26:17 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Apparently it's Warden from For Honor from the look of the silhouette.
#360  June 23, 2020, 03:57:20 pm
    • Argentina
:o
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty