YesNoOk

Looking for method (Read 2091 times)

Started by demongorne, April 29, 2020, 11:51:51 am
Looking for method
#1  April 29, 2020, 11:51:51 am
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Hello there how you doing folks, Lately I had to stop with my mugen graphic work because of some eyes problems, even if I'm trying to resume it but just for few minutes for few days a week, so I'm asking what is the faster and ssmater method to convert snk sprites in capcom size, Does anyone colud suggest me a good one?
Re: Looking for method
#2  April 30, 2020, 03:48:32 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Adjust the scale of the sprites & make the colors brighter to resemble Capcom's color palettes, i guess?
That's the easiest way i can think to do it.
Honestly, i don't think there really is an easier way to do it, outside of editing/reshading every single sprites manually.
#3  April 30, 2020, 11:51:57 am
    • demongorne.webs.com/
All right i got it, but is akways a good think to scale images or it is good only for certain chars? Also what graphic program is better to use (i always used Gimp)?
#4  April 30, 2020, 12:16:12 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I'm pretty sure you can resize multiple images in photoshop by batch processing them. I never tried that myself so I cant tell you how to do it exactly, but I'm sure you can easily find some tutorials.
#5  April 30, 2020, 12:51:45 pm
I don't know about faster, but a smarter method would be to use the actual CvS sprites (so no Alpha sprites, forget about them, don't even consider them) as references for proportions, shading and colours.
#6  April 30, 2020, 01:01:45 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
These are all precious tips thank all of you pals this will be sure useful for my future working (hopefully to heal my eyes).
#7  May 02, 2020, 03:13:26 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
There are full sheets(ALL the sprites in an image). The way to convert SvC to CvS is:

Height: 103%
width: 105%

The only problem comes because this changes the size itself, but not the PARTS which makes the sprite more ressembling to Capcom's style. Look at how Yuri is in KoF and in CvS, as example.

Hope you heal your eyes soon. Had something similar these past months.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#8  May 02, 2020, 12:54:56 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Thank you so much for your support pal, I really hope so. By the way regarding sprites scale I generally keep the height and then I grow the weight about 8-10 percent. Then i go to adjust the image manually.
#9  May 03, 2020, 06:56:57 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil