YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734691 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2021  April 01, 2020, 02:41:53 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

Nintendo just revealed today that Duke Nukem's coming to Smash Ultimate. I dunno about you but this is fuckin' hype.
Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:45:21 pm by Meldo Wiseau
#2022  April 01, 2020, 02:51:03 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Yeah, nice April Fools' vid.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2023  April 01, 2020, 03:13:25 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Nope. Cigars and very bad language from Duke Nukem is NOT for good boys and girls of many different ages.
This is fate.
Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:19:02 pm by Mysticus
#2024  April 01, 2020, 03:15:13 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#2025  April 01, 2020, 05:17:50 pm
    • Brazil
Saw this randomly on the internet, lovely:

#2026  April 02, 2020, 01:27:06 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq6OqOP7ziM[/youtube]

Nintendo just revealed today that Duke Nukem's coming to Smash Ultimate. I dunno about you but this is fuckin' hype.

*Insert Sarcastic Laugh*

Har har, very funny. No. NOPE, not falling for it.
1. It's a fake account, which a user renamed itself to (Nintendo) just for attention..
2, the video itself is just not convincing enough to be official.

Nice try though.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#2027  April 02, 2020, 02:27:08 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:34:35 am by Kirishima
#2028  April 05, 2020, 04:02:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Didn't get mentioned before, but there's a spirit event going on now for Animal Crossing New Horizons with a few new spirits to collect:

#2029  April 08, 2020, 07:27:37 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#2030  April 22, 2020, 05:14:25 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#2031  May 16, 2020, 05:44:06 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Okay, pls spread the word.

This is the most accurate Fighters Pass 2 prediction you will ever see:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:56:51 pm by NDSilva
#2032  May 17, 2020, 09:32:37 am
    • Brazil
Accurate compared to what?
#2033  May 17, 2020, 10:20:29 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...I don't get the joke with Kirby.  I get the piss take with everyone else making fun of all the repetitive nearly exact same wishlists people throw up online, and people do keep saying there's going to be a gen 8 Pokémon, for god knows what reason they expect the Smash DLC to also be the Pokémon DLC monkey fella.  I don't really see anyone calling for a blue haired guy from Kid Icarus or Pokémon?  Well, expect Dunkey.  Heck, I think people have mentally blocked Kid Icarus having anyone new after Dark Pit.  Unless it's a weird attempt at saying it's another Marth after the last one we got?  Or I'm just looking too deep into it.

I like the more exotic wishlists with Kamek or 2B something that's clearly not going to happen.  Give me some hope for something cool before crushing it.
#2034  May 17, 2020, 10:31:59 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I think it was a joke, but I might be wrong! In any case I'll comment the rest in spoiler.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#2035  May 17, 2020, 12:17:57 pm
    • USA
Obviously it's a joke, just the fifth one's a weird joke and not sure which way he means it.
#2036  May 17, 2020, 02:16:03 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
At a guess, I think the joke is that the fifth character is going to be another rep from a franchise that fans feel is already too heavily represented, which is why it's a combination of Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Kid Icarus, and also has another Link thrown in for good measure.
#2037  May 17, 2020, 02:29:55 pm
    • USA
I'd question anyone who thought Kid Icarus had too much representation.  What it has is wasted potential with Dark Pit.  His inclusion alone isn't an issue, it's the barebones attempt at distinguishing himself a whole Smash game later.  And I don't even play the series, I'm just aware he's considerably less a clone in his own game in more ways than not other than the most literal in that he is genetically a clone.  And Zelda, ho boy could that use both a practically a whole series of character reworkings and more additions.  I can't imagine any real blowback from either getting a new character unless it's, like, Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds version of Link, playing the same but with the Fire Rod instead of bombs.
#2038  May 26, 2020, 09:49:48 pm
    • USA
I'd question anyone who thought Kid Icarus had too much representation.  What it has is wasted potential with Dark Pit.  His inclusion alone isn't an issue, it's the barebones attempt at distinguishing himself a whole Smash game later.  And I don't even play the series, I'm just aware he's considerably less a clone in his own game in more ways than not other than the most literal in that he is genetically a clone.  And Zelda, ho boy could that use both a practically a whole series of character reworkings and more additions.  I can't imagine any real blowback from either getting a new character unless it's, like, Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds version of Link, playing the same but with the Fire Rod instead of bombs.

I mean, Dark Pit literally plays like Pit in KI:U. However, Pit has SO MANY WEAPONS in that game, they could have easily come up with a distinct moveset using them. The Viridi or Pandora Claws, more focus on the staff he uses for his Final Smash. (Seriously, they could have gotten rid of the Daybreak item, and use it for his Final Smash instead.)

So... yeah, he was a super wasted opportunity. As was a lot of things in Smash....
#2039  May 27, 2020, 05:02:09 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

Removing Twilight Link in any capacity was a garbage decision. They went out of their way to introduce the perfect solution for things like this, echoes, and they blew it. They blew it hard. They could have echoed him or make him at least a proper alt like Little Mac, Fire Emblem, or Olimar.
#2040  May 27, 2020, 05:24:27 am
    • USA
That is a problem with Zelda's structure of the main character and Smash needing to reflect the most current interpretation as a whole.  Which Ultimate hasn't gotten quite right either, not for nothing, we STILL have Other M Samus, which drives me up a god damn wall every time I want to play my favorite character that not only did we not get matching representation of Samus Returns as Link got BotW and Mario got Super Mario Odyssey likely for time and resource constraints, but it's still the version of Samus that is by a country mile the most controversial take of the character and the attempted franchise killer.

But yeah, that's why I said before it wouldn't be a good idea for something like a past Link to show up, regardless of how monumental to video game history LTTP is.  And while TP is my favorite Zelda title for its story and relation to OoT/MM, its Link interpretation isn't exactly top of the list and is kinda outdated by now.  I could settle if they actually did an echo like you suggest, but with the Hero of Time, arguably the most important and best Link of them all, not only to reflect his time in Smash prior but also to rep, you know, The Best Video Game Of All Time Bar None, but.....we already have Young Link more or less doing that.  Now, if there was a drastic overhaul of Young Link to more appropriately reflect his skillset as a child amongst OoT and MM, then a Hero of Time echo more akin to his previous Adult Link moveset would be appreciated.  Heck, that's where it would be best to throw in all the various older teen/young adult Links into one as skins, I'd play as pink-haired Link.