YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247648 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#21  June 09, 2020, 06:51:12 am
Holy shit, Holyshit, holyshit, is this real? Holy shit.

Back in the day this was one of the few reasons why I joined Guild (the other being Nunor's Database). In addition to the post by PBRTODD101, I'm going to repost some things, I've sent you in PM few years ago:

- There was a regular Mario in CvTW style made by Steel Komodo. Maybe still worth including?
- I remember you wanted Dr.Wily to increase the villain count. There's one by Daeron and NDSilva, he would fit perfectly.
- If you are going to include Terry, it might be worth it to check out Dampir’s MOTW CvS Terry sprites.
- There are CvS sprites for Zero, but they were not "officialy" released, I do belive. They are pretty much done, however, user named Mr.Karate JKA was working on him.
- Yoko Littner was a winner in community poll for female characters, so it might be worth it to check her edited sprites by Froz with Hi-Res FX.

Finally, what happened to Guy? I thought he was already done, just wasn't released. Anyway, hoping for more stages. Midnight Skyline by EXShadow/Vibrant would be perfect.

Best of luck with this project!
Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 06:56:14 am by GreenZed
#22  June 09, 2020, 07:24:32 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Man, am I really excited to see this project coming back.

My suggestion on Mario would be for his jump special to have some kind of EX variant so he can bounce off the opponents head. Unless that's too out of place.

As for other characters to suggest, I'd say Frank could easily work out well if the level-up mechanic from MvC could be implemented, but that's only because I can't imagine him without it. Now, given that there aren't any RE characters my bad I forgot Jill is in the game, I'd suggest to check Zox's Albert Wesker, since I think he has good sprites.

Don't forget Mr. X!

Christ man, you sold me at Bob Hoskins Mario.

:yuno:

Oh also would Tristan, Punk, Snake and Rorschach end up in this? I still remember Tristan was supposed to be in some form of fullgame but it never panned out (I can't believe I remember you made CM Punk once)

CM Punk, Solid Snake and Rorschach are already in CVTW, they were included in either the first release or one of the first updates. Tristan not so much because I'm already pushing it using so many of my OCs from SHADEs, lol

IIRC, back when there was a poll to vote on who'd everyone would like to see in the game, I remember John Cena being on that poll and he took 2nd or 3rd place. Is there any consideration of him possibly making it into the game at this point in time? I don't recall there being any other wrestlers, aside from CM Punk in the game and it'd be pretty dope to see another wrestler such as John Cena in the game.

Probably not, Cena would be a whole spriteset. As far as that goes, I'm just focusing on Shawn Spencer and trying to do the rest with existing resources. If I end up doing any more original sprites, I would probably end up finishing Axel Stone or Batman but I'm not sure yet.

-Gladiacloud has made full spritesheets of Saki from TvC/Quiz Nanairo Dreams, Pure from Three Wonders, Ton Pooh from Strider, Jubilee, Dormammu, a new Arthur spritesheet which could replace some of Acey’s old sprites (especially for the normals), Lou also from Three Wonders, Michelle Heart from Legendary Wings, and even the Unknown Soldier from Forgotten Worlds. There is a lot to choose from here.
-Blade/Zox has made a full spritesheet of Wesker (Infinite has an .sff already CS’ed) and a few others, but most notably his Phoenix spritesheet is the one that is particularly good. It should be mentioned that Infinite also made Dr. Doom and Taskmaster, and both have an .sff with CS and FX ready to go.
-Nestor put out a beta of Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground a while back, with cvs sprites made by Li_kun. Most of her moveset is there. She is missing a few moves that Beximus was going to use on his version of for CU. I imagine that he could pass them along to you if you decide to include Fiona.
-Supergirl by Toni has some superb CPS2-ish sprites available to use as well.
-No more Rikimaru?

I know these are mostly marvel characters but they seem to have made some leaps and bounds in terms of sprites in these last couple of years.

-I looked into a bunch of those based on your post and I really like Pure & Fur's sprites the most, so they may be added
-I've been through that sprite set a bunch and it's nice and fluid in spots, but fairly choppy in others. It might be a little more work than I want to take on to get the sprites to blend in to my satisfaction, but probably less work than getting those Leon sprites up to snuff
-I'll have to check it out but Superman and Supergirl might be overdoing it
-Not right now but the sprites are there so we'll see, just don't have much interest in the character

Holy shit, Holyshit, holyshit, is this real? Holy shit.

Back in the day this was one of the few reasons why I joined Guild (the other being Nunor's Database). In addition to the post by PBRTODD101, I'm going to repost some things, I've sent you in PM few years ago:

- There was a regular Mario in CvTW style made by Steel Komodo. Maybe still worth including?
- I remember you wanted Dr.Wily to increase the villain count. There's one by Daeron and NDSilva, he would fit perfectly.
- If you are going to include Terry, it might be worth it to check out Dampir’s MOTW CvS Terry sprites.
- There are CvS sprites for Zero, but they were not "officialy" released, I do belive. They are pretty much done, however, user named Mr.Karate JKA was working on him.
- Yoko Littner was a winner in community poll for female characters, so it might be worth it to check her edited sprites by Froz with Hi-Res FX.

Finally, what happened to Guy? I thought he was already done, just wasn't released. Anyway, hoping for more stages. Midnight Skyline by EXShadow/Vibrant would be perfect.

Best of luck with this project!

-Ah yes, I remember this, I'll check it out, but if I remember the sprites still just didn't quite fit
-Def gonna check that one out because Dr. Wily would be really cool to have in there
-Honestly I prefer classic Terry
-I was considering Zero heavily, I think I even downloaded that version to check out the sprites and didn't do much else
-Oh yeah, Yoko, she did win that poll, I'll consider it, although part of the bonus of bringing this back after 7 or so years was to start fresh in a way
-Guy was finished, he's actually in the build I'm using in the videos as an off-screen select next to Haggar, I just kind of forgot about him

Download Last Bout now!
#23  June 09, 2020, 08:52:01 am
    • Brazil
Okay, here are some from the top of my head:

- B. Orchid from Killer Instinct (Ahrimanes' sprites are great)
- Batman (I think Alucard's one has the best sprites) (I actually forgot if this game had Batman or not)
- Link from TLOZ (the sprites used in Napoleon Jonamite's version are great)
- Ivy from Soul Calibur (the sprites used in CvS Artist's version are pretty good, but the sword could use some adjustments)

Well, I didn't remember much, I'm sleepy as fuck right now.
#24  June 09, 2020, 09:15:35 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Seanaltly, I've done a lot of Capcom characters, if you're interested.

Arthur, for example: I totally resprited him:

I hope to see full sprited all-new Capcom characters from you, as happened with Haggar.

There are a lot of Capcom Games with interesting characters that still needs to be well sprited: Power Stone, Breath of Fire, Black Tiger, Plasma Sword...
Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 10:29:45 am by Gladiacloud
#25  June 09, 2020, 09:53:31 am
I'm on my phone.. can't tell if these fit your style or not but a guy named A-D 8 resprited all of TMNT... not sure if they fit your style but no one ever coded the sprites. Here's Leonardo for example  

He also made a full sprite sheet for Eric Draven from The Crow movie, Pinhead and Michael Myers

No one has made an attempt to code any of the sprites besides a few attempts at Michael Myers. Once again, can't tell if they match the sprite style you use at the moment
Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:57:13 am by dakidbanks

lui

#26  June 09, 2020, 11:04:00 am
    • USA
-For the fifth slot, I am considering Leon because I think I can salvage/improve on the sprites used in the MVC2 Leon released recently by O87-B, although I do wish I could get my hands on the animations that were finished for Li-Kun's version with the RE4 outfit, but I have no idea whatever happened to those.

Okay, if you do this, while it isn't a requirement from you at all, please, PLEASE consider spriting new normals and specials for him that aren't straight up obviously Kyo Kusanagi-based pose wise. I get that they have similar hair styles but it's *insanely* distracting to see him perform what is essentially his moves with a cop outfit.

Also be warned those sprites have alot of weird palette issues.
#27  June 09, 2020, 12:14:09 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Just a friendly reminder, a better base for Leon would be the one by Wow, Raposo and Danaru. But that would require more work because his sprites are in KOF style.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#28  June 09, 2020, 12:19:22 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
- There was a regular Mario in CvTW style made by Steel Komodo. Maybe still worth including?!

-Ah yes, I remember this, I'll check it out, but if I remember the sprites still just didn't quite fit.

If you’re going to use my Mario, I’d recommend that he gets a lot of updates to make him fit into the game better. I don’t think he’s very balanced, damage-wise, his move set is all over the place and also his UT and LVL 3 kind of suck. I’d go and fix him up myself, if you were interested.

Then again, that Bob Hoskins Mario looks a damn sight more creative than mine anyway. So if you decide not to use him, I won’t be too surprised :P
Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:39:36 pm by Steel Komodo
#29  June 09, 2020, 12:33:53 pm
    • USA
Wasn't Axel Stone and Fulgore considered way back when?

From what I remember, the former had his sprites done, but then you went on hiatus while making Batman.

Those Axel sprites didn't go to waste though, thanks to Nexus Games and Testament using them for their creations.
#30  June 09, 2020, 01:10:11 pm
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
It's good to see you back with this game.
#31  June 09, 2020, 10:18:43 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If anything I think this game needs more female characters. Pure and Ivy are good picks, I'd also pick up Kula Diamond as well. I also agree with you about including too many SoM OCs, if anything I'd remove the ones that are in personally.

On another note I initially twisted my nose when you mentioned Mario, until I saw the video and those fantastic sprites.
#32  June 09, 2020, 10:55:06 pm
It is so awesome to see you working on stuff, it comes across as you're having a lot more fun than you were before your hiatus. When it comes to character resources, I'd definitely recommend Zox's sprites of MVC3 characters. I remember you wanting to sprite Wesker, but maybe a resizing of his sprites with some added transition frames would do the trick? So excited for everything you have cooking up, especially Shawn Spencer and Mario.
#33  June 09, 2020, 11:28:08 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
If you want a crazy pick, how about one of the GTA characters made by armin_iuf ? Niko Belic for example.

Awesome to see the series back, and great to see the sprites made by Pin is being used proparly.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#34  June 09, 2020, 11:44:41 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Macaulyn97

Gotta be honest with you, and no offense, but all of those sprite sets have some incredibly jerky animations that I just can't abide.

@Gladiacloud

Yes they were suggested earlier and I checked them out and they are fantastic. I hope it's okay if I use them, I've already started added them to CVtW Arthur's .sff :D

@dakidbanks

The TMNT sprites still don't fit in really, the shading is still very Tournament Fighters. I don't hate the Eric Draven sprites but not sure I need another gun person, and I'm not a fan of the other two (I just can't imagine Michael Myers as someone who kicks people, but then again I was never a big Halloween fan so for all I know he's kicked some people in the movies).

@Lui

I think I've already abandoned the Leon sprites for Wesker, I can easily add some anti-aliasing on some of the rougher edges of the Vox sprites and make a few new frames/animations where needed. His UMVC3 moveset is extremely easy to adapt.

@Rurouni

Yeah I've seen the KOF0style sprites for that one, and I think I discussed way back when if there was a way to get Dampir to do his thing to those sprites (I considered commissioning them if he was open to it) but it never went anywhere.

@Steel Komodo

Yeah for CvTW I always either recode or make heavy edits to the code to rebalance and get the characters uniform. And thanks for the kind words but he was really all Jango's idea!

@RPGGamerWriter

Fulgore was being sprited by someone else, I was only going to include him under that condition because I had no interest in making the sprites myself. And I never finished the Axel sprites, I think he needed one or two more normals, specials, and win poses/taunts, but I'd have to go back and check again.

@Mitchel_MM

Thanks!

@Magma MK-II

Well when I first worked on this Det. Laurel was fairly popular and also, as long as it's me making the game I'm gonna throw in an OC or two (no disrespect meant by that, I just mean I gotta have my fun somewhere). I only added Snow, Sabotage and Adamas because me and roommates at the time (Sabotage and Adamas were the characters based on them) wanted to have ourselves in just for fun, so I adapted them fairly easily to the game and I ended up sharing them as "bonus" characters. That's why they're below Laurel on the select screen, not officially part of the roster.

@Alexzon22

Oh yeah, the Wesker stuff is getting uses. Thanks!

@The Street Fighter

Only if the sprites match, I'll have to look them up to check it out.

Download Last Bout now!
#35  June 10, 2020, 12:51:46 am
Understood.. and yes, Michael Myers isn’t necessarily a fighter. I think the spriter added moves to make him playable in Mugen similar to how Mortal Kombat added stuff to Freddy, Jason and Leatherface to make them fighters. I figured he’d make a cool addition on The World side as another obscure pop culture character

And I agree with Alexzon, the Zox sprites of Wesker are definitely the best.

In regards to suggestions of characters who have full sprite sets, aside from aesthetically matching the rest of the characters’ sprites, what other characteristics would intrigue you? Do you want more random games, comics, movies or original characters to round out The World side? I didn’t even think about those GTA characters until @The Street Fighter mentioned it. I think 3 exist by that author and they’re all pretty much sprite swaps.
#36  June 10, 2020, 01:35:33 am
    • Mexico
Since you're using Extreme Butoden sprites for Goku, I suggest you to check out some One Piece characters with the Great Pirate Colosseum sprites (made by the same devs) and see if anyone's worth considering/including; Kenshiro99 and 087-B made a lot of chars with those.

As for those GTA characters brought up, I'm not sure about that sprite swap part, but there's only four: CJ, Claude Speed, Niko Bellic and Toni Cipriani. I suppose CJ and Niko may be worth looking into, but part of me thinks the sprites may be too rough on some parts.
#37  June 10, 2020, 01:58:19 am
  • If something smells, it wasn't me I swear.
    • USA
    • Skype - Thewayofthestoner
Damn dude, I remember following this game religiously when I was a teenager. It hypes me up that it's coming back now.
I also gotta check out that PSych show you're on about so I can get a feel for that planned character like I do for everyone added to CvTW.
In Bigley we trust
#38  June 10, 2020, 05:13:37 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Oh man, such good news, i do remember your Batman sprites back in the day, it shall be nice to see him duking it out on this wonderful return to the build, very good news dear sean, thanks for this.
#39  June 10, 2020, 06:00:40 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@Nemuresu

Thanks for this, my best friend is a big One Piece fan and now that he knows these sprites exist he really wants Luffy in, so that's happening!

@AVPBoy

No plan to add Batman, still a lot of sprites to do and I may or may not finish them, priority is the characters listed so far.

Download Last Bout now!
#40  June 10, 2020, 06:11:17 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You should get someone to do a voice impression of Mario from Hotel Mario for your Mario Mario.

As for character suggestions? I honestly cant think of any right now.