YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247522 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#81  June 15, 2020, 04:32:07 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This Lucia is very bad.

I'm afraid, i have to agree, she could only work as a template for a much more polished sprite sheet, plus, she is still missing plenty of frames, as a Lucia fan, she deserves better bruh.
#82  June 15, 2020, 05:40:30 am
    • Mexico
Moving away from characters, I recall the game having some lore behind it, that there’d be an explanation for each character getting pulled from each universe and that they would have endings in arcade mode. Is that still a go?
#83  June 15, 2020, 07:29:09 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@DW

I like that Poison Ivy, I downloaded her and scaled her a bit to fit the style of the game and it looks good. The inconsistent art style of her plant attacks is off-putting to me but that may be something I could get over. Those giant Catwoman tiddies though I don't know about

@sabockee

Lynn Baker is already in the game repping RotD, but someone from Power Instinct could work, I'll keep it in mind.

@Lurker

I went with K' because Kyo and Iori seemed too obvious to me and K' was still a character who felt like the face of several KoF games so it made sense. Terry was originally planned and someone made a very good CvTW King (and I've always had a soft spot for King because I love her design and personality). Terry will probably end up in here at some point, he's in fucking everything now so why not? I know nothing about Melty Blood tbh. Wonder Woman is a good choice too when the sprites are scaled. I'll look into it.

@AVPBoy

Yeah the Crow sprites were posted earlier but I think they would still need some work, plus his animations look like he'd be another gun guy, which I think is already pretty well covered by Jill, Snake and Det. Laurel.

@GreenZed

I did find some old plans for the game on my computer earlier where I had Kaede from TLB on the roster. Last Blade sprites are so nice and fit in well. I'll note that about Snake, I forgot that was his arcade stage, the arctic one does fit better. I think when I picked the jungle for him I was thinking Snake Eater.

@Rurouni

Yeah those sprites are not great, I would prob just add Maki if I did something like that. Also, don't tease me with the Leon sprite XD. A full conversion of those sprites would be awesome.

@PBRTODD101

I'll prob just end up with a generic intro/ending for arcade mode like MVC2. Creating endings for SHADEs 3 was almost as arduous a process as the sprites for the new characters was. Can't imagine doing it for like 50 characters

----------------------------------------------
FINAL DECISION (FOR NOW)

So after doing some research and looking into all these suggestions, the first big update will be:

Capcom

Joe (SF1)
M. Bison (SF2)
Fiona Belli (Haunting Ground)
Jedah (Darkstalkers 3)
Wesker (Resident Evil)
Pure & Fur (Adventure Quiz: Capcom World 2)

The World

Goku (Dragon Ball Z)
Mario Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
Shawn Spencer (Psych)
Billy the Blue Ranger (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers)
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Back with some progress updates tomorrow, off to bed

Download Last Bout now!
#84  June 15, 2020, 08:05:42 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#85  June 15, 2020, 08:17:58 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Out of curiosity, since you're disregarding your previous plans, what are your general guidelines as to what you're looking for to represent "The World"?  Is it a pure matter of personal preference, or are you looking for certain checkmarks of variety to cover?  Like, of examples I know there are at least sprites for, you got big mainline shonen anime stars like Goku and Luffy, are you looking for other genres to cover like Sailor Moon for the shojo rep or Guts or Elfen Lied's Lucy or something for seinin?  Are you looking for particular pop culture icons since it's supposed to cover, well, "The World"?  Underdogs like Squall out of the entire Final Fantasy franchise previously?
#86  June 15, 2020, 09:33:42 am
    • Brazil

Considering the inclusion of WWE in the game, I assume "The World" is basically anything relatively well known that has good CvS sprites or a style that is similar enough.

EDIT: By the way, Sean, have you considered the possibility of a Pokemon?
Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:38:31 am by Macaulyn97
#87  June 15, 2020, 09:47:16 am
    • Mexico
I think it's a very solid roster. Can't wait to see these guys in action.
#88  June 15, 2020, 09:54:14 am
Yes, Jotaro is gonna be in.
As a JoJo fan like myself, I'm sold on this.
#89  June 15, 2020, 01:04:45 pm
Yes, Jotaro is gonna be in.
As a JoJo fan like myself, I'm sold on this.

I second this very much. Can't wait to see your take on Jotaro! Best of luck!
#90  June 15, 2020, 02:21:39 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#91  June 15, 2020, 05:35:34 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
This Lucia is very bad.
I just pointed her out as a base. I never believed she would make it. I just let myself go.
It's funny that as unlikely as she was, she would still be more reasonable than a few suggestions given.

Yeah those sprites are not great, I would prob just add Maki if I did something like that. Also, don't tease me with the Leon sprite XD. A full conversion of those sprites would be awesome.
I see. Well, don't worry about Leon... He's not real.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Okay, let's get back to reality. About Goku and Luffy, will you edit them at something level, or just resize them via code?

One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#92  June 15, 2020, 06:37:21 pm

Real? Unlike mine: :yaoming:
#93  June 15, 2020, 07:51:02 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Goku looks really good resized with code in Mugen IMO, but I am running into issues with Luffy, he looks a little weird. Either that or I haven't found a good resize value yet.

Can anyone link me to or provide a comprehensive list of all the characters that Dampir has made CVS sprite conversions for? I know I already said these 12 were final but I just found out he did Heavy D (who I think is awesome) and it made me realize there might be a bunch more I didn't know about.

Download Last Bout now!
#94  June 15, 2020, 07:55:41 pm
  • Passing Through
Considering the Dragon Ball and One Piece 3DS games are directly compatible with each other, the safest bet would be the same values as Goku
#95  June 15, 2020, 08:22:01 pm
    • Mexico
Yeah I’d imagine it being very straining to do that for a bunch of characters. I think they’re essential if you want the game to have a feeling of lore and story around it though. You could maybe do an MVC3-esque approach, maybe just have a still image or two showing the character victorious and their reaction to having been used as essentially a pawn for entertainment, with some text, either via textbox or having it scroll. Heck you could even just slap on their CSS artwork with said text.
#96  June 15, 2020, 08:29:02 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Considering the Dragon Ball and One Piece 3DS games are directly compatible with each other, the safest bet would be the same values as Goku

Yeah that's the first thing I tried and it doesn't look as good on Luffy

Maybe I'm over analyzing it, if you guys tell me it looks fine I will legit take your word for it

@PBRTODD101

Maybe, it really just depends on motivation honestly

Download Last Bout now!
#97  June 15, 2020, 08:41:11 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Maybe I'm over analyzing it, if you guys tell me it looks fine I will legit take your word for it

It's passable, it's not entirely great but it works. Or at least, that's what I think.

If anything, it's just his face in his idle frame that's getting me, the other animations might look better with the resize.
This is a generic forum signature.
#98  June 15, 2020, 08:55:01 pm
Is there enough sprites of Blue Ranger to use in CvTW? Last time I checked his spritesheet, it was missing plenty of sprites.

lui

#99  June 15, 2020, 09:22:45 pm
    • USA

@PBRTODD101

One Piece Grand Battle Colesium sprites are actually drawn in a higher res than the Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden ones, probably due to the art style? Whatever case, you'll have to play around with Luffy's a bit more than Goku's
#100  June 15, 2020, 09:43:03 pm
    • Brazil

Real? Unlike mine: :yaoming:
I didn't say that.

@PBRTODD101

I think Luffy looks good, but he looks a little too big, it seems like he should be shorter.