YesNoOk

CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Hikaru Otagi Joined Into The Game - 20 June 2021! (Read 1013686 times)

Started by yudhiyou, April 13, 2017, 03:29:39 pm
Share this topic:
CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 23 April 2020
#201  April 23, 2020, 09:52:25 am
    • Indonesia
Update 23 April 2020...

- Adjust EX moves invincibility on characters.
- Adjust Deejay's rolling sobat invincibility.
- Adjust Ken and Sean EX move damage attack.
- Update target opponent on hit animation on Akuma misogi EX move.
Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:56:26 am by yudhiyou
CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 16 June 2020 K` Has Been Added on The Roster
#202  June 16, 2020, 08:09:20 am
    • Indonesia
Update 16 June 2020,

K` created by Chazzanova & Dampir and edited by RagingRowen has been added on the game roster!
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 16 June 2020 K` Has Been Added on The Roster
#203  June 16, 2020, 11:58:56 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Anything else done since?

Have you also considered DGO's latest CVS2 chars (Demitri and Kaede)?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - Update 16 June 2020 K` Has Been Added on The Roster
#204  June 16, 2020, 12:14:50 pm
    • Indonesia
CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - 23 June 2020 Demitri, Spiral, Jimmy, and Sonia Added!
#205  June 23, 2020, 03:07:23 pm
    • Indonesia
Update 23 June 2020,

Koldskool characters Demitri, Spiral, Jimmy, and Sonia have been added into the roster! Their animation, sound, hitbox, damage, command, bug, etc. have been adjusted.

Other updates:
- Replace current Spiderman with Koldskool's one for better char and less buggy
- Adjust K' ex special move damage
- Change J.Talbain moment slice super command
- Adjust Sean ex special move damage
- Adjust Morrigan throw damage
- Others

Character's command moves has been updated on cvs_mugen_fighting_jam.txt file
#206  June 23, 2020, 03:16:16 pm
    • Indonesia
Anything else done since?

Have you also considered DGO's latest CVS2 chars (Demitri and Kaede)?

OMG, you are right! Looked like DGO's characters are using true CVS2 system.
I must check on it.
CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - 1 July 2020 Kaede Join The Fight!
#207  July 01, 2020, 04:23:38 pm
    • Indonesia
Kaede from The Last Blade series created by DGO has been joined the fight on this game!
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - 1 July 2020 Kaede Join The Fight!
#208  July 01, 2020, 09:30:47 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
The sparks effects are same in all chars of your game?
#209  July 02, 2020, 12:57:11 am
    • Indonesia
#210  July 02, 2020, 03:47:44 am
    • Indonesia
Guys, for better consistency and maintenance of the game, I put the poll for deciding do we need to remove POTS chars in the game.

Please share your opinion on the poll ya! :)
Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:17:31 am by yudhiyou
#211  July 02, 2020, 05:05:26 am
    • Australia
You know what will help with consistency and maintenance?
- Reduce your roster size (remove characters of questionable quality)... i would personally cut it by half, or at least cull it by 1/3rd
- Convert your reduced roster to a common system, or at least have them share as much of data/common1.cns as much as possible

#212  July 02, 2020, 05:16:46 am
    • Indonesia
You know what will help with consistency and maintenance?
- Reduce your roster size (remove characters of questionable quality)... i would personally cut it by half, or at least cull it by 1/3rd
- Convert your reduced roster to a common system, or at least have them share as much of data/common1.cns as much as possible
Ya... I am also thinking about that.
#213  July 04, 2020, 10:48:10 am
    • USA
Guys, for better consistency and maintenance of the game, I put the poll for deciding do we need to remove POTS chars in the game.

I think POTS characters blend in with CvS2 if you make a different section. Make them like a guest character section or something. Otherwise they will be confusing. Also, I don't approve of removing the groove bars, anybody who plays CvS2 for real will laugh at this idea or get really annoyed and feel disrespected. The grooves are there for a reason, they're not just there because of looks. They all offer gameplay and diversity of different styles. In reality EX-Groove is looked down upon and nobody uses it--- not even in casual matches and of course not tournament matches. My question here is are you catering to the CvS2 crowd or the Mugen crowd? Or somehow both?

The POTS character being in the game is fine, but make them obviously in a separate section of the select screen or make them "guest character" section, so they don't interrupt the consistency of the other CvS2 characters.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#214  July 04, 2020, 02:10:38 pm
    • Indonesia

I think POTS characters blend in with CvS2 if you make a different section. Make them like a guest character section or something. Otherwise they will be confusing. Also, I don't approve of removing the groove bars, anybody who plays CvS2 for real will laugh at this idea or get really annoyed and feel disrespected. The grooves are there for a reason, they're not just there because of looks. They all offer gameplay and diversity of different styles. In reality EX-Groove is looked down upon and nobody uses it--- not even in casual matches and of course not tournament matches. My question here is are you catering to the CvS2 crowd or the Mugen crowd? Or somehow both?

The POTS character being in the game is fine, but make them obviously in a separate section of the select screen or make them "guest character" section, so they don't interrupt the consistency of the other CvS2 characters.
The idea of removing the groove is for balanced and consistency gameplay. I feel that A groove vs P groove or N groove vs C groove is very annoying in gameplay and balance.
This game is targeting mugen crowd, not spesific to cvs player. So this game become separated from original cvs game as brand new game.

The problem of pots chars are there have been already too many creator with different quality char. For pure cvs chars creator can be counted by hand like Warusaki3, H', Jesuszilla, and Gal123/Rei so the chars quality still can be controlled
#215  July 04, 2020, 04:18:36 pm
    • USA
The idea of removing the groove is for balanced and consistency gameplay. I feel that A groove vs P groove or N groove vs C groove is very annoying in gameplay and balance.
This game is targeting mugen crowd, not spesific to cvs player. So this game become separated from original cvs game as brand new game.

This doesn't make any sense, and just shows your lack of understanding and lack of experience.

Removing the grooves destroys balance, and also makes the game boring. Some characters are better with certain grooves, due to attack, defense, specials, and supers, create unique opportunities. You basically watered and nerfed the game, believing it is equal opportunity, but it's not. You made many characters weaker, and you also make weak characters even more weak than before. Some characters do better in K-groove, some do better in A-groove, some do better in C/N-groove. The game is less balanced now. It's not a good idea at all.

Your reasoning of explanation is "it's annoying" where that seems more like an opinion and lack of experience or understanding. I'm here speaking facts. What you are doing is very counter intuitive. Even if you are targeting the Mugen crowd, you just made your own game more boring and one dimensional. Do not call this CvS then..... it's misleading.

The bottom line is.....
Do you want your game to be fun? because it's not fun with a flat, boring 1 system groove, I'd rather use PoTS characters than to use a CvS2 character with groove removal. Seriously, you're making a huge mistake, I would reconsider wisely if I were you.

At the end of the day, you can do whatever you want, I'm just sharing the truth. Do whatever you want, it's your choice.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#216  July 12, 2020, 02:07:54 am
    • Indonesia
Brand new package and big update are in progress now...
(Tease: all pots chars will be blended on game perfectly) :)
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - New Package, New Stages, and Big Update 19 July 2020!
#217  July 19, 2020, 01:47:39 pm
    • Indonesia
Finally new package and big updates have been arrived!
Also new character Demitri created by DGO join the roster.

- All stages have been replaced with NeoGouki stages.
- All stages have music from Zophar's.
- All of POTS chars special effects like super, counter, etc. have been replaced with CVS special effect.
- Many bugs on current characters have been fixed.

Update on current characters:
- Zero command moves are reverted to original one.
- Silver color change to his original silver color.
- Fix and adjust damage attack on many characters like Silver, T.Hawk, Tizoc, and others.
- Fix super special effect on Remy, Sean, and Necro.
- Add throw escape on chars which haven't had it.
- Change ex move of God Rugal to Omega Wave.
- Fix and update sound effect on Spiral, Ironman, and others.
- Update cpu AI.
- Command list moves have been updated on cvs_mugen_fighting_jam.txt file.
- And many other thing...

Enjoy... :)
Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 02:12:08 pm by yudhiyou
Re: CVS Mugen Fighting Jam - New Package, New Stages, and Big Update 19 July 2020!
#218  July 19, 2020, 03:40:49 pm
    • UK

Good on you for changing the stages, they're more fresh and varied compared to the HD SF2 stages that got old kinda quick.

There's still some specific stuff I'd like to point out:
1. Birdie's The Birdie's Super Pause is off because he starts attacking during it and this could lead to it being unblockable in normal play is P2 is too close.
2. Birdie's Bull Avengers have misplaced Dust FX, appearing above him.
3. Kyo's Super Mu Shiki can whiff if done in the corner.
3. God Rugal's Genocide Heaven seems to fire a random Projectile during super pause that can randomly damage P2 mid-super.
4. Kaede's Supers (Excluding the Kasshin Sou Ryu) do rather low damage compared to the usual supers.
5. Ironman's Repulsor Blast does massive damage on block.
6. I might consider changing the Lilith to DivineWolf's aswell since you've changed the Morrigan.
7. The PotS chars' super afterimages vary depending on the Super, so some supers have Blue, some have Red (The red's generally for what were originally Level 3 Supers).
WIP Schedule:
#219  July 19, 2020, 04:03:02 pm
    • Indonesia
Good on you for changing the stages, they're more fresh and varied compared to the HD SF2 stages that got old kinda quick.

There's still some specific stuff I'd like to point out:
1. Birdie's The Birdie's Super Pause is off because he starts attacking during it and this could lead to it being unblockable in normal play is P2 is too close.
2. Birdie's Bull Avengers have misplaced Dust FX, appearing above him.
3. Kyo's Super Mu Shiki can whiff if done in the corner.
3. God Rugal's Genocide Heaven seems to fire a random Projectile during super pause that can randomly damage P2 mid-super.
4. Kaede's Supers (Excluding the Kasshin Sou Ryu) do rather low damage compared to the usual supers.
5. Ironman's Repulsor Blast does massive damage on block.
6. I might consider changing the Lilith to DivineWolf's aswell since you've changed the Morrigan.
7. The PotS chars' super afterimages vary depending on the Super, so some supers have Blue, some have Red (The red's generally for what were originally Level 3 Supers).
Thank you very much for the feedback, RagingRowen.
I will check on it.
#220  July 19, 2020, 08:42:07 pm
    • UK

Lastly I feel you should replace the Back Roll on recovery with the normal get up. I did suggest this before.
The Yellow CvS2 pop-ups should be disabled aswell.
WIP Schedule: