YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247548 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#121  June 18, 2020, 06:52:21 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
My original plans for the final boss were a bit...lofty, even for me, so at one point I changed it to be Asura, the character that was supposed to be Rugal and Akuma fused (I honestly can't remember who the author/sprites was who created him, my bad). Not sure what I'll end up with here, I'm more focused on updating the main roster.

I vaguely remember Clara and liking her design, and I will def check out Orchid again later today.

Download Last Bout now!
#122  June 18, 2020, 07:49:27 pm
The author for the sprites was Marancv
#123  June 18, 2020, 07:53:51 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
My original plans for the final boss were a bit...lofty, even for me, so at one point I changed it to be Asura, the character that was supposed to be Rugal and Akuma fused (I honestly can't remember who the author/sprites was who created him, my bad). Not sure what I'll end up with here, I'm more focused on updating the main roster.

It'd be weird without the aforementioned Rugal and Akuma as individual chars though.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#124  June 18, 2020, 08:40:07 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
A possible final boss idea could be one that morphs into the cast for their moveset ala Shang Tsung or Double, but if the character is original, or not CvS-ish, it would still need new sprites. Just a thought.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#125  June 18, 2020, 08:48:28 pm
  • SNK is life
AN ORIGINAL GIANT BOSS with few sprites

!!
#126  June 18, 2020, 10:28:40 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
@RagingRowen

Nah, it could be like they were fused accidentally when they were teleported to the planet the game happens on, which would explain why they aren't individual characters

@Janis and @Walt

Both good ideas

----------------------------------

I don't suppose anyone ever did an edit or color separation of Spiderman's sprites that looked like Miles Morales' suit, did they? Just wondering.

Download Last Bout now!
#127  June 18, 2020, 10:49:49 pm
Or as yet another idea instead of them being fused while being teleported it could just simply be that Asura comes from a post God Rugal ending CVS2 world.
Thus being another way that he could exist here without needing a Rugal and Akuma in the roster to fuse.
#128  June 19, 2020, 08:01:22 am
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Nice to see this amazing project coming back and I love that Pure the Mage was picked for the roster too.
#129  June 20, 2020, 07:16:12 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I don't know how easy this would be to implement but what if the final boss is 1 character that's 2 characters and their UT is like a tag mechanic or an assist/team super which is unique to them, this would allow you to pick a Capcom boss like Bison/Pyron/Gill, and then someone for the world like Geese/Rugal, Dr. Doom, or various others. I assume this would be a issue due to colour separation and all that though primarily
#130  June 20, 2020, 07:49:24 am
    • Brazil
I would rather this be added as a regular character, like Juli & Juni from SFA3, instead of two unique characters that would be better alone.
#131  June 21, 2020, 12:06:50 am
    • UK
My CvTW Character Suggestion:
Tails the Fox
Knuckles the Echidna
Amy Rose
Cream the Rabbit
Link (from The Legend of Zelda)
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Bugs Bunny
Akuma
#132  June 21, 2020, 12:09:38 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
That's very pipe dreamy. Most of those he'd need to sprite/resprite entirely to fit the game style.

Some of you don't know how long it would take for him to sprite all of what you're requesting. :uhoh:
#133  June 21, 2020, 01:38:46 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
I don't know how easy this would be to implement but what if the final boss is 1 character that's 2 characters and their UT is like a tag mechanic or an assist/team super which is unique to them, this would allow you to pick a Capcom boss like Bison/Pyron/Gill, and then someone for the world like Geese/Rugal, Dr. Doom, or various others. I assume this would be a issue due to colour separation and all that though primarily.

That would be pretty cool, though i think Sean might want to keep all the characters as single. rather than a tag team, since from what i hear, tag team/simul mode in Mugen is rather finicky.

That's very pipe dreamy. Most of those he'd need to sprite/resprite entirely to fit the game style.
Some of you don't know how long it would take for him to sprite all of what you're requesting.

Most of them, yeah. But Akuma is actually pretty feasible, Especially since he's got a pretty full sprite-sheet from CVS (among other games) & shares alot of moves with Ryu & Ken, who are already in CVTW, & Sean could use those characters & their code as a base for him.

Of course, that'll depend on if Sean himself would want to add Akuma or not.
#134  June 21, 2020, 09:23:54 pm
  • If something smells, it wasn't me I swear.
    • USA
    • Skype - Thewayofthestoner
I always did wonder who the final boss was gonna be.

I do have my ideas though; if you played the arcade as a Capcom rep, you'd fight a boss that represents The World. Whether it's some popular super villain like Thanos, a Shades character like Moses, or something completely original I haven't thought about. If you played as a character from The World, you'd fight a boss that represents Capcom, whether that's Akuma, a beefed up Mr. X, or anyone is, in the end, up to Seanaltly.

I just felt I should throw my 2-cents on that topic.
In Bigley we trust
#135  June 22, 2020, 03:05:57 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
The final boss was going to be Sephiroth. I made one sprite for him, planned his moveset and was going to sprite him after Axel and Wesker.

The different boss thing is how I would want it ideally but not doable in Mugen outside of a two-in-one character that is beyond my coding capabilities. That's why I liked Asura, or maybe an OC of some kind.

Download Last Bout now!
#136  June 22, 2020, 03:17:17 am
    • Mexico
You could design your own big boss OC with a simple design that wouldn’t need too many sprites. Kinda like Abyss’ final form or Fernandez from WakuWaku7. Having Asura as final boss feels kind of off considering there are people on the base roster that overpower that fusion by quite a bit (Goku in particular. Even at base form he is still nothing to scoff at.). Asura could be a good mid boss or sub boss if you decide to use him.

The original premise you had in mind for this game reminds me a lot of the Superhero and Supervillain Bowls from Toon Sandwich, where tv and movie characters were forced to fight to the death to entertain the masses. The big bad of that series turned out to be a gigantic Oscar statue. An effective, but incredibly simple design. I guess that series feels like Capcom vs The World with more “The World” than Capcom lol
#137  June 22, 2020, 03:22:09 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Having Asura as final boss feels kind of off considering there are people on the base roster that overpower that fusion by quite a bit (Goku in particular. Even at base form he is still nothing to scoff at.). Asura could be a good mid boss or sub boss if you decide to use him.

Then maybe one could just make him seem stronger through auras or dramatic intro(s).
With the idea in mind you could just use the God Rugal ending scene as a flashback in the game's intro or w/e.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#138  June 22, 2020, 07:29:37 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I don't know how easy this would be to implement but what if the final boss is 1 character that's 2 characters and their UT is like a tag mechanic or an assist/team super which is unique to them, this would allow you to pick a Capcom boss like Bison/Pyron/Gill, and then someone for the world like Geese/Rugal, Dr. Doom, or various others. I assume this would be a issue due to colour separation and all that though primarily.

Well I didn't mean like an actual tag team system being implemented, but just coding 2 characters to play as 1, I've seen it done with some older characters like Ryu&Ken by M, or Ky and Sol by qwerty (https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ky-and-sol-alpha-version-qwerty-released-75052.0.html)

Technically 2 character, but coded as 1 single character if you get what I mean
#139  June 23, 2020, 12:40:15 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Personally I'm super on board with the Asura idea if there's sprites for him. I think there was a 3d to sprite version at some point, but I don't remember who made it.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#140  June 23, 2020, 12:48:06 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
If it's the Asura I'm thinking of, there's always Buckus'