YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247546 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#141  June 23, 2020, 03:36:04 am
    • Brazil
Well I didn't mean like an actual tag team system being implemented, but just coding 2 characters to play as 1, I've seen it done with some older characters like Ryu&Ken by M, or Ky and Sol by qwerty (https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ky-and-sol-alpha-version-qwerty-released-75052.0.html)

Technically 2 character, but coded as 1 single character if you get what I mean
So I did get it right, and its a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a tag-team character, but it makes no sense to remove the individuality from characters that are not known to fight in pairs, their names are too big to be forced to fight alongside somebody. If this type of gameplay was made, it could be for two characters known for fighting alongside each other, such as Juli & Juni from SFA3, as I suggested, otherwise, its a bad idea.

If it's the Asura I'm thinking of, there's always Buckus'
I don't really dig Asura's inclusion very much, he feels more like a CvS thing than a CvTW thing. I think the best idea would be to make a character specifically to be this game's boss. Sure it would take more work, but an original thing feels a lot better.
#142  June 23, 2020, 08:13:06 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I think the best idea would be to make a character specifically to be this game's boss. Sure it would take more work, but an original thing feels a lot better.

PANDORA. Just spriting above Ingrid(with other costume or even "nude"), making her float and her attacks consisting in pandora like palettes of other characters from both Universes.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#143  June 23, 2020, 09:02:51 pm
Talk about original :mlol:
#144  June 23, 2020, 10:10:51 pm
    • Brazil
Speaking of Ingrid, Sean should legitimately consider adding her in, she was literally made for a crossover.
#145  June 24, 2020, 03:41:37 pm
    • UK
What about Yoshi, Cpt Falcon and Zero (from Mega Man X)
#146  June 24, 2020, 03:55:51 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Again, if sprites that fit with the game don't exist, Sean's very likely not going to sprite it.
#147  June 24, 2020, 05:37:19 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Eh, this guy just up and requests characters for everything. It's best not to engage because he doesn't listen.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#148  June 24, 2020, 08:44:42 pm
With the news of Michael Keaton reprising Batman, I wish I’d thought of suggesting Batman Beyond since a full sprite set already exists. Not sure if scaling could make it CVS-ish but hey, the Superman sprites made it in.

Ultimately I’d think the requests would probably stop by now. Seems like he’s already finalized his list of like 12. Thats a lot to code
#149  June 25, 2020, 12:51:51 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
I don't know how prudent it is to suggest this, i still have no sprite sheets for this OC Final Boss idea i created some time ago, but you may like it dear Sean.

If you are interested on the idea itself, let me know to message you about it. Big Shout out to Wizzy, of course.
Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:46:59 pm by AVPboy
#150  June 25, 2020, 02:15:45 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
That's a very interesting design, it's eerie because I was going through some old art of mine and found a number of unused OCs that I was considering for a final boss and one was a big dude named Saga who has a mask that is like a reflective orb. Anyway, I dig it.

Just a quick update on the roster, I have decided to add in Bloodtide. I've been working on the 20-30 sprites that she needed to complete the new spriteset that Pin made for her. I've also taken the new design as an opportunity to change up some of her specials and gameplay. I'm going to post a video preview of her later. As far as what spot she takes, she will either be added along with Guy, or she may take Luffy's spot as I'm finding his sprites annoying to deal with so far.

Download Last Bout now!
#151  June 25, 2020, 03:50:36 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
im for replacing luffy, I cant help but feel the OP sprites dont mesh well with the rest
Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:28:59 pm by Umezono
#152  June 25, 2020, 04:20:30 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Hi !!! Any plans for Blue ranger on cvtw roster?
#153  June 25, 2020, 04:29:36 am
    • Brazil
The very first post in this thread says he is included. By the way, I love the idea of including AVPboy's boss character.
#154  June 25, 2020, 07:42:32 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Here's Bloodtide's preview as promised:

Download Last Bout now!
#155  June 25, 2020, 07:58:59 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
That looks pretty solid honestly, I'm for replacing Luffy as well but will that mean you'd be swapping out one of your OC's from Shades to balance out the roster again as well? I think it'll be nice on The World to have that female character mixed in for the new set, I actually didn't realize out of your current additions only the Capcom side got some, so I think this is the right choice.
#156  June 25, 2020, 01:18:59 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
#157  June 25, 2020, 04:02:20 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
If you want to replace Luffy and still wants a anime/manga character there's Ichigo and Natsu by StormEX & Tsao-ri (although I don't know if the later is complete), a Yusuke Urameshi by a guy who I forgot the name :P, Tsao-ri's Saint Seiya characters and there's a Touhou character Meirin by Bosouvy.
#158  June 25, 2020, 04:42:42 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
The very first post in this thread says he is included. By the way, I love the idea of including AVPboy's boss character.

Thanks for that mate, Saga's idea is pretty neat as well.

Here's Bloodtide's preview as promised:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/RwqR080KwIg[/youtube]

My goodness Sean, that new outfit and new stuff looks on fire. She just looks gameplay intended, Rock Solid.
Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:46:08 pm by AVPboy
#159  June 25, 2020, 06:11:11 pm
    • UK
My Character Suggestion 2:
Homer Simpson
Peter Griffin
Dr. Eggman
Princess Peach
Princess Daisy
Zavok
Red Ranger
Springman
#160  June 25, 2020, 08:08:37 pm
    • Brazil
My Character Suggestion 2:
Homer Simpson
Peter Griffin
Dr. Eggman
Princess Peach
Princess Daisy
Zavok
Red Ranger
Springman
Jesus Christ can't you just stop? Sean was pretty clear when it came to the suggestions on this thread that they needed to have sprites that fit the game. You've been called out on this twice already, this isn't a random request thread.