YesNoOk

V.G. is back to MUGEN: False Yuka Takeuchi is released!! (Read 11970 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, July 02, 2020, 10:50:09 pm
Share this topic:
V.G. is back to MUGEN: False Yuka Takeuchi is released!!
#1  July 02, 2020, 10:50:09 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Yuka Takeuchi is maybe the most powerful fighter in the history of Variable Geo tournaments. That's why Miranda Jahana took part of her DNA and her fighting data to create the perfect clone. Known as False Yuka, this clone possesses all of Yuka's skills, but at the service of Miranda and her evil plans. Now, only left to confront Yuka and take the place of the original one.

For those ones who follow my projects since long time, this project was proposed years ago, and even when I got some of the char advanced, I never got her finished or at least playable at all. Until now. For those ones who don't know about this, well... I made a rest from my ClayFighter chars to rework in an old project of mine that I quicky finished in a week, my apologies for cannot get her ready before June ends, but here it is anyway :P Now about the character:

False Yuka Takeuchi
A perfect clone of Yuka, the protagonist of Variable Geo series, made for the Turbo CD version of the first game and Saturn's Advanced Variable Geo 1 as the final boss, which uses Yuka's 2P colors (purple hair and pink outfit instead of brown/orange) as her default palette. Since I love Yuka, instead to make my own version of her, I prefered to make this clone that hasn't a conversion of any type for MUGEN until today. In general, she plays similar to Yuka with some minor differences in moves. Here's what you can find on her:
  • All her basic moves and 6 buttons (3 punches and 3 kicks)
  • Similar gameplay seen in the other girls I made as Shelly Tarlar and Roxy with Capcom's FX and sounds
  • Used XCB's CS SFF for DivineWolf's Yuka Takeuchi and Nyankiryu's Yuka voice and some sounds
  • A megamix of Yuka moves from the entire V.G. series
  • 2 throws, 3 specials, 3 EX moves and 5 supers
  • 12 palettes, one of them based on Yuka, obviously
  • As most of my creations, made under WinMugen but compatible with M1.0+ (data, winquotes, etc., just choose fyuka-m1.def and that's all!!)
Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

I hope you like them, she's now part of the Doppelganger Project just as Shelly Tarlar and Roxy, now having enough chars to get their own separate section. Apart of solving bugs, I hope to make special intros and wins against their real counterparts, especially the ones made by DivineWolf (Shelly/Tia, Roxy/Poison and False Yuka/Yuka), maybe next time ;)

You wanna fries with that?
Characters -> Experiments

07/04/2020 - Version 1.01
-Fixed bug of Idaten Geki moves and others where the opponent can block during the move

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:35:30 pm by Basara Tiny
Re: V.G. is back to MUGEN: False Yuka Takeuchi is released!!
#2  July 02, 2020, 10:58:36 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Glad you still going with this project bro. :)
#3  July 02, 2020, 11:11:22 pm
    • Chile
Thanks man :D but I'm still in debt with all of you about Chiho, I've to rework and finish her as False Yuka, however she will be more VG accurate than this one, I hope to get more inspiration thanks to the lockdown I am since march u_u

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

DW

#4  July 03, 2020, 02:41:45 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Aye nice! Been a long time coming eh? I'll be trying her out asap. You can contact me whenever you want to work on those custom intros. I'd be more than happy to. You also welcome to using Tia's and Poison's respective SFFs. As they are both CS'd like Yuka. I am currently updating Poison's SFF though due to Sabockee adding the fishnet pattern to her legs for me. There's also a lot of miscellaneous clean up and things I need to do.

However, you may have used something entirely different for Roxy. That might have sprites that my Poison doesn't have. Either way, entirely up to you. Thanks for sharing, I'll get back with you soon. :)
#5  July 03, 2020, 10:00:08 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
A six button VG character is something I still can't wrap my head around but I'll drop some feedback when I get the time.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#6  July 03, 2020, 11:01:41 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

#7  July 04, 2020, 01:20:58 am
    • Chile
Ouch, YouTube put that video down =/ try to upload it on streamable instead

#8  July 04, 2020, 02:25:54 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

AH SO YOUTUBE IS FINE WITH A MARATHON ON FAT FURRIES, BUT WHEN IT'S AN UNLISTED FEEDBACK VIDEO IT'S SUDDENLY GETS REMOVED...
Anyway, here's the streamable link https://streamable.com/fcfe2r
#9  July 04, 2020, 02:43:32 am
    • Chile
 :yuno:
Whoa, I didn't noticed that. OK, let me fix it ASAP ;)

AH SO YOUTUBE IS FINE WITH A MARATHON ON FAT FURRIES, BUT WHEN IT'S AN UNLISTED FEEDBACK VIDEO IT'S SUDDENLY GETS REMOVED...
Oh yeah, I hate YT too for reasons like that

OK, fixed the thingy and updated the char, thanks for the feedback ;)

Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:34:24 pm by Basara Tiny
#10  July 04, 2020, 08:07:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Basara, thanks for releasing one more gem.
And one from VG series.
Yes Chiho is still one of my fav! ^^

Time to test.
#11  July 06, 2020, 11:49:04 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Kiryuu Idaten Geki's first hit (the projectile) completely misses in corners. The opponent can just end up blocking it due to that. Also you probably should add a more impactful sound or effect to the throw, it's pretty wimpy as it is. I don't have the free time to fart around with characters like I used to, but I'll see what else I can point out.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#12  July 10, 2020, 06:30:29 pm
    • Chile
Thanks for the feedback, I know where the problem could be so I'll fix it ASAP ;)

DW

#13  August 20, 2020, 04:27:31 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alright, so overall she's solid. I like the alternate voice you gave her and the subtle differences added that differ from my own. In terms of her animations. Little things that go a long way. Like using the rolling animation for her momentum jumps to simulate a somersault. Along with alternate crouching kicks and her crouching LP/MP being arranged. Finally have a bit of time to test some things out before September. Yours is one of several I wanted to provide feedback for before that time comes around. Well here goes:

-In regards to the alternate voice, I don't think you should mix them with the voice I used. They're noticeably different and are a bit jarring. I know either way, she doesn't have very many voice samples, but I only used one corresponding voice myself. If you really want to keep the other voice, maybe you could try altering the pitch in a sound program like Audacity. You could perhaps change it to sound a bit deeper and have it mesh with the main voice you're using better.

-Most of her attacks have no priority. You have the blue enveloped with red. This means she'll get beaten by any char that has priority with their attacks. Only her DP and QCB + K special have priority. You don't want to do this. Feel free to reference my Yuka if you want to get an idea of how you'd want to map the hitboxes based on strength level and all.

-Her DP landing sinks into the ground for a few ticks. Didn't look over the code, but I'd guess you need to set her velocity for x/y to 0 for the state, along with setting her pos y to 0.

-Crouch MP is +19 on hit. Making it an infinite. Hit -> take a quick step forward -> hit again. It's a bit time sensitive, but by no means very hard to do.

-Her DP has no invincibility on startup, making it not very good. The invul on startup is what makes moves like SRK good. Not only for anti air, but also interrupts. Invincibility should last until she's air type.

-For her QCF x2 + K DP super, her voices seem to overlap. You should check and make sure to give her voices all the same wave channel. Channel = 0 preferably.

-Chaining isn't put together properly. For chain combos, she should be able to go from standing to crouching and vise versa. She should also be able to go from punches to kicks, so long as it's a stronger level of attack. You have 3-type chaining or light > med > heavy. So that's fine. However, I can't do LP > MK > HP, because she can't chain from punches into kicks and opposite, though she should. Along with doing something like s.LP > cr.MK > s.HK isn't possible, yet should be.

-Very little cancelling ability. She seems to be able to cancel some normals into supers, though I'm not really sure which, as they have no pattern. While the only normal to special cancels she has is close s.MP and...well I was gonna say cr.MP but that doesn't count, because she can almost do anything after a +19 attack. :P

-The fireball for her QCB x2 + K supers doesn't put p2 in hitstun long enough for the rest of the super to combo properly.

-Jump HK hitspark is misaligned. A few of her standing normals hitspark seems to be misaligned as well.

-She can perform sliding normals, attacking out of her dash. Idk if this is intended or not, as this is in itself a feature if you want it to be. Like FEXL.

-Did you intend for her backdash to be invulnerable? There's no hitboxes on it. I think you may have, but I figure I should mention it anyway.

I have a pretty simple special intro in mind. I can try to put it together soon, if I feel like it. :P I also have some ideas for some moves for her. We can talk about it on Discord or something. I may contact you some time soon. At any rate, good job overall.
Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 04:32:40 am by DW