YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247498 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#201  July 03, 2020, 09:10:43 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Yeah I agree, if the character isn't going to be in the game there's no problem with them being included in a move, especially when they were part of the move itself
#202  July 04, 2020, 08:46:11 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Yeah I agree, if the character isn't going to be in the game there's no problem with them being included in a move, especially when they were part of the move itself

Batsu and (the girl I don't know) assist Kyousuke during one of his supers in CvS2, so there's decent precedent for it.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#203  July 04, 2020, 11:18:04 am

Batsu and (the girl I don't know) assist Kyousuke during one of his supers in CvS2, so there's decent precedent for it.

The girl's name is Hinata.

Now that we have seen Mario Mario, is it possible for Sonic's pallete to have the Movie pallete? Only his arms making blue and his voice from the movie as a alternate character
#204  July 04, 2020, 03:02:10 pm
    • UK
You forgot Mario Mario vs Sonic Special Intro
#205  July 04, 2020, 06:35:51 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Can someone link me to either a video of the tandem Lynn/Billy attack or a version of Lynn that includes it? I don't have access to the original game anymore.

@GTA

No that would require CS and I have no way or desire to rip a bunch of voice clips from the movie, sorry

@ChaosLumpy6

How can I forget something when 1) it has never been discussed in this topic and 2) I haven't put out this update yet? If you're suggesting I add some kind of special intro between the two, I had already considered it but the game doesn't have many special intros right now IIRC.

Download Last Bout now!
#206  July 04, 2020, 06:37:12 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Sean, that's the same guy that's been belting out tons of character requests that would've required many new full spritesheets despite people telling him that. I wouldn't put too much weight on it.
#207  July 04, 2020, 06:44:35 pm
    • Brazil
Can someone link me to either a video of the tandem Lynn/Billy attack or a version of Lynn that includes it? I don't have access to the original game anymore.

@GTA

No that would require CS and I have no way or desire to rip a bunch of voice clips from the movie, sorry

@ChaosLumpy6

How can I forget something when 1) it has never been discussed in this topic and 2) I haven't put out this update yet? If you're suggesting I add some kind of special intro between the two, I had already considered it but the game doesn't have many special intros right now IIRC.

It shows up right after Billy's solo ones. Honestly, it's not even unique, it's just her own super slightly mixed with his.

By the way, Sean, how will Shawn Spencer's moves be? I have no idea how he is, does he have actual powers, will he be like an X-Men-ish character?
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:55:54 pm by Macaulyn97
#208  July 04, 2020, 07:05:12 pm
    • Mexico
#209  July 04, 2020, 07:08:22 pm
    • Brazil
Speaking of X-Men... is there any on the roster?
#210  July 04, 2020, 08:22:09 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/

I don't think there is due to Captain America being the Marvel rep in the original roster unless I'm mistaken, and he's more or less decided who he wants to focus on for the time being, so may as well just focus on the feedback for the current roster as is
#211  July 04, 2020, 08:41:25 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#212  July 04, 2020, 08:49:26 pm

I don't think there is due to Captain America being the Marvel rep in the original roster unless I'm mistaken, and he's more or less decided who he wants to focus on for the time being, so may as well just focus on the feedback for the current roster as is

Cap and Dr. Doom

2 Marvel reps and I think 1 DC
#213  July 04, 2020, 09:01:36 pm
    • Brazil
I don't recall Dr. Doom being confirmed, is he?
#214  July 04, 2020, 09:10:50 pm
You know what you’re right. Doom was on the original roster I believe but I don’t think he was ever playable in the betas released. I haven’t played this game in a long time, I just remember Dr Doom being listed on The World side once upon a time wasn’t sure if he was in the roster. Only mentioned him for discussion purposes to the more than 1 Marvel character discussion
#215  July 05, 2020, 02:26:58 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Gambit was also on the original roster, although if I added an X-Men character down the line it would either be Wolverine due to his icon status or Storm for more roster diversity. Regardless, not really looking for any more roster suggestions. I am adding Kung Fu Man as a bonus character though, since he's hella easy to adapt to the game. I will be adding a custom L3 super using existing sprites.

As of right now, Guy, Fiona, Bloodtide, and Goku are all ready to go (save for AI, which I will have to relearn since it's been like 7 years). I have started coding Jotaru and KFM and will post a preview of both in the next day or two. Things are ramping up!

Download Last Bout now!
#216  July 05, 2020, 02:45:43 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
No Gambit? Aww :(
#217  July 05, 2020, 02:51:20 am
    • Mexico
I’m hyped up. Apart from having a new update with brand new characters, it will be nice to have an official place to download CVTW again. Are you thinking of adding any more stages to the official release? Perhaps a darker-toned stage to accommodate Fiona and Jotaro? There’s a 3D version of the Dinosaur Museum stage from KoF 99’ which would look particularly nice.

This will be my last question/suggestion about new characters because I get that enough is enough, but are you dead-set on having Bison? It is a lot of SF representation, after all, and it seems like you could fill that slot in with a different character to add more variety to the roster, like swapping him out for the scrapped Hinata or another Gladia character like Saki.

I’m all for Storm over Wolverine if that ever becomes a poll (or even Jubilee).

For KFM, I believe Warner recently released more sprites that aren’t in the DW version, it’s mostly fatality compatibility stuff but there may be a new normal or two in there. Worth taking a look I guess.
#218  July 06, 2020, 02:32:35 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the first post with the roster from the last release just as a reminder of who is/isn't already in the game!

Download Last Bout now!
#219  July 06, 2020, 03:34:32 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Shin Kung Fu Man confirmed for the final boss?

... actually as much as that's a joke I don't think it's the worst idea.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#220  July 06, 2020, 04:38:34 am
    • Brazil
If Kung-Fu Man himself was not a secret joke character himself, it could be possible.