YesNoOk

McDucky/Shotgun160 Revival Project (Read 2606 times)

Started by McDucky Potatoes, February 25, 2020, 06:26:25 pm
Share this topic:
McDucky/Shotgun160 Revival Project
#1  February 25, 2020, 06:26:25 pm
  • Furry Fighting Game Trash
    • Canada
Rather than posting most of my projects progress in the MUGEN Video Thread, I decided to start a thread here instead.

For being in the community for over 11 years(2009) now, with multiple breaks in-between, I have made 10 characters and playing them over again I realized something. They're all pretty shitty and nothing fun about them, there's not to experiment with or any gimmicks that are fun. So finally I'll fix them up for quality of life reasons and to make them a great addition to your roster... hopefully.

If youve seen my work before, you might be wondering if Ill ever give them new sprites or a redesign? Probably not. I just wanna make them fun to pick up and fix all the existing problems that they have.

Showing what characters I will giving a rework are these below (ranked in order of who Ill work on first):
Spoiler: Man (click to see content)
Spoiler: StickHero (click to see content)
Spoiler: Sticky (click to see content)
Spoiler: StickBeater (click to see content)
Spoiler: Sky Nathan (click to see content)
Spoiler: Boxel (click to see content)
Spoiler: Unknown (click to see content)
Spoiler: Combo Stickman (click to see content)

And..... DBZ Budokai 1 Lifebars.
Re: McDucky/Shotgun160 Revival Project
#2  February 25, 2020, 06:33:45 pm
    • Canada
Bit of history with the characters.

Man
Man is a shoto-like character, equipped with Hadoukens, Shoryus, and Tatsus. Nothing original and very basic.
The first character I ever made and also the most popular out of the bunch. Might be why I'll be fixing him first. Even seen in Joel's first MUGEN video which kinda sparked this idea from me to actually start revising all of them.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Being 9 years old, I didnt think it would haunt me to this day. He's something that I do hold dear in my heart and what really started my love for fighting games. Garbage microphone and shitty art made for a perfect combination of something so bad it could be good.
Re: McDucky/Shotgun160 Revival Project
#3  July 11, 2020, 07:19:06 pm
    • Canada
Oop long hiatus because of the whole pandemic and school, but here I am back at it again.

Today I'm proud to present a finished revamped StickBeater, now able to play more smoothly and less bugs/infinites! I had to remove some of his functions like the fatalities or the helper, as they didn't play a big part in his gameplay and felt out of place.

A preview of their potential.

List of changes I've implemented if you've played or had seen the character before.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you guys do want to give him a shot and let me know of any problems you may have, let me know!
Download him here!