YesNoOk

Ikemen Plus, GO or GO Plus?  (Read 11248 times)

Started by Tommy_Ber, July 24, 2020, 09:21:08 pm
Share this topic:
Ikemen Plus, GO or GO Plus?
#1  July 24, 2020, 09:21:08 pm
  • Joy-Con Men
  • Tommy Ber#5446
    • Argentina
So I want to get started in creating in it, but the different versions of IKEMEN are confusing me a bit. I have a couple of questions that after reading the FAQ werent answered for me (yet).

Is IKEMEN Plus abandoned, but has more modes than the others? Or the "extra" labels in GO arent shown at first sigth?

Is Ikemen GO just Ikemen Vanilla rewritten in GO or its Ikemen Plus the one rewritten in GO?

The only difference between GO and GO Plus are the people and their objetives working on it?

Did Ikemen GO Plus merged with GO?
Im new to the MUGEN Scene (Discovered in 2017, joined in 2019, and creating my game since last month) and the link of the forum gave me that idea. Its "https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-go-plus-184152.0.html" and displays the links for Ikemen GO

Whats the deal with Ikemen GO Plus Ultimate? Its an add on, but for which Ikemen? In one site I read that it was for Plus, and in another it was for Go Plus, but the link for it was invalid. It would be included in future GO upgrades?

For a starter, wich one is better? Im porting my Mugen 1.1b into it, but It need the conversion that Ikemen Plus does automatically. It is recomended to port it into there, and then move it into GO?

Also, from the post form 2 years ago, what changed? I see that they finally added the 1.1 characteristics, but what else was added between 2018 and 2020? (I know that this could be answered by just googling it, but I want to know if there were mayor changes in it?)

And for last: Which one is better? Ikemen Plus, GO or GO Plus? Or the Ikemen Go plus Ultimate add-on?
Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:45:01 am by Tommy_Ber
Re: Ikemen Plus, GO or GO Plus?
#2  July 24, 2020, 10:18:49 pm
1. Ikemen SSZ/Plus are abandoned (it's still worth considering if you're content with its current features)
2. There is no Ikemen GO Plus anymore, just Go (everyone working on the engine merges commits from other devs)
3. To see what's changed in each version you can read detailed Github changelogs and features wiki (linked in the Ikemen GO topic)
4. Ultimate features are either already merged to Go or will be ported in future

In other words it's a decision between Ikemen (Plus) and GO. Up to you.
Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:30:29 pm by K4thos
#3  July 25, 2020, 12:27:34 am
  • Joy-Con Men
  • Tommy Ber#5446
    • Argentina
In other words it's a decision between Ikemen (Plus) and GO. Up to you.

Thats a relief because it reduces the options, but aside the stability and the language it is written, does Ikemen GO has the same features that Plus? I would had decided to use Plus prior because the extras (like Boss Rush, minigames and other small things), but if GO has the same + the team's updates It would win by a landslide.
New #4  July 25, 2020, 04:47:29 am
  • Joy-Con Men
  • Tommy Ber#5446
    • Argentina
If GO has the same + the team's updates It would win by a landslide.

Welp, Ive seen that the modes are in fact in the code, and they probably don't show because I didn't add any boss yet. And another question, if the code of locked characters is implemented, it would be easy to implement a unlockable command based in the old WinMUGEN/1.0 StoryMode add-on, using a battle.log/merge MugenWatcher in it? Or it is easier to include? (Im saying this because I would like to try to do it myself, but i would need a little more experience coding if its like the first one).

Also, Great Work Dude! I was trying to create my own mugen in 1.1, but discovering the limits of it I was frustrated that I couldnt implement the personalizable Arcade Mode with Bosses and with the lack of Story Mode only for 1.0. Finding Ikemen was a bliss because I didnt want to go back to 1.0, lose half of the stages AND still dont have the Arcade Mode like SF Alpha 3. Thank You for all of your work!!
Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:00:05 am by Tommy_Ber