YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 209471 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#421  July 30, 2020, 12:21:48 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Confirmed folks.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#422  July 30, 2020, 12:36:45 pm
  • Indeed
Oh well, at least she has a unique looking weapon.
#423  July 30, 2020, 02:59:07 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#424  July 30, 2020, 03:41:51 pm
    • Mexico
At least it’s not something incredibly stupid like Negan in Tekken, could’ve been worse
#425  July 30, 2020, 03:59:00 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Oh well, at least she has a unique looking weapon.

Yeah... I'll give her that much. I mean... Yeah, this one is a far bigger stretch then Warden was (or could ever be). But, I understand that it's probably aimed towards the Chinese population and/or fans of the game she came from.

At least it's free.
#426  July 30, 2020, 05:36:49 pm
  • Indeed
Shizumaru

I stand corrected. I forgot about the boi.

Overall, despite what I wrote earlier, I don't despise her. Her looks at least is consistent-ish with the rest of the cast (ears aside). I guess I'll have to ignore the fact that she's a playable ad, and pretend I don't see the bunny ears.
#427  July 30, 2020, 05:57:47 pm
Yeah, I thought she was actually a decent fit next to the other new glasses elemental Chinese girl.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#428  July 30, 2020, 06:02:29 pm
    • USA

The main disappointment in my mind is less that it's a Tencent character and moreso that Cham-Cham gets snubbed once again in favor of another guest. Poor Cham-Cham... honestly, she and Chico (Puyo Puyo) could be good buddies. She does fit in quite a bit better than the For Honor dude, design-wise. And SNK Heroines also had a bunch of weird guests in DLC, it's just that these ones are slightly weirder. If we're getting any additional guests going forward, I'd like to see Peko Pekoyama (Danganronpa) and Samurai Jack make the cut. Insofar as more Samsho and/or other SNK characters; in addition to Cham-Cham, I feel like representatives for Warrior's Rage and Sen could be nice to see, even if Sen killed the franchise for a decade, and I agree on the sentiment about Last Blade characters. Maybe Jeanne (World Heroes), considering they already have a model of her from SNK Heroines? Or perhaps even a Fu'un character?

Couldn't care less for Cham-Cham. The one character this game is sorely missing is Gen-An, who is the only character from the original game still missing (not counting Amakusa, who isn't in for obvious lore reasons). Sen and Warriors Rage characters won't happen, Sen takes place in a different timeline which isn't canonical and Warriors Rage takes place very far in the future of the series.

Him too! Big time. Miss him a lot. But didn’t Cham-Cham rank pretty high in the official polls? She even got a spinoff pachinko game, too. I want them both. I understand that about Warrior’s Rage characters not being able to show up (bar time travel shenanigans), but I could see them partially canonizing Sen (where was it stated as a non-canon entry?), or even using “alternate dimensions” to bring them in. (Even Iroha started off outside of canon)

Anyways, our new guest looks and sounds pretty cute so far. I don’t mind her, unlike with the Warden, better known as simply “For Honor dude“. Though an actual SNK guest would have been even cooler, she looks like a fun addition in and of herself. And she’s very much free.
#429  July 30, 2020, 06:50:08 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII

The main disappointment in my mind is less that it's a Tencent character and moreso that Cham-Cham gets snubbed once again in favor of another guest. Poor Cham-Cham... honestly, she and Chico (Puyo Puyo) could be good buddies. She does fit in quite a bit better than the For Honor dude, design-wise. And SNK Heroines also had a bunch of weird guests in DLC, it's just that these ones are slightly weirder. If we're getting any additional guests going forward, I'd like to see Peko Pekoyama (Danganronpa) and Samurai Jack make the cut. Insofar as more Samsho and/or other SNK characters; in addition to Cham-Cham, I feel like representatives for Warrior's Rage and Sen could be nice to see, even if Sen killed the franchise for a decade, and I agree on the sentiment about Last Blade characters. Maybe Jeanne (World Heroes), considering they already have a model of her from SNK Heroines? Or perhaps even a Fu'un character?

Couldn't care less for Cham-Cham. The one character this game is sorely missing is Gen-An, who is the only character from the original game still missing (not counting Amakusa, who isn't in for obvious lore reasons). Sen and Warriors Rage characters won't happen, Sen takes place in a different timeline which isn't canonical and Warriors Rage takes place very far in the future of the series.

Him too! Big time. Miss him a lot. But didn’t Cham-Cham rank pretty high in the official polls? She even got a spinoff pachinko game, too. I want them both. I understand that about Warrior’s Rage characters not being able to show up (bar time travel shenanigans), but I could see them partially canonizing Sen (where was it stated as a non-canon entry?), or even using “alternate dimensions” to bring them in. (Even Iroha started off outside of canon)

Anyways, our new guest looks and sounds pretty cute so far. I don’t mind her, unlike with the Warden, better known as simply “For Honor dude“. Though an actual SNK guest would have been even cooler, she looks like a fun addition in and of herself. And she’s very much free.

https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Samurai_Shodown_(series)#Plot

Sen takes place in 1791, one yeah after Asura Zanmaden. At that point in time in the main timeline both Genjuro and Ukyo were already dead and both Jubei and Hanzo had already retired. The main problem with introducing Sen characters is how their backstories are intrinsically connected with Sen's events, which means they would have to be completely rewritten. Its a different case from Iroha for example, who despite coming from a non-canonical title never had any backstory to begin with, so she was easily adapted.
#430  July 30, 2020, 07:33:20 pm
  • For honor!
*Shrugs* she's a character I guess. I mean, she's a hell of a lot better than the disgusting interspecies romance freak we got a couple DLCs ago.
Iroha stripped for me
#431  July 31, 2020, 06:37:33 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Honestly yeah she looks fine? She seems consistent with the style of the game.

And idk, but I'd rather have an unorthodox guest that looks fun like her and Warden over some one that isn't at all good.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#432  July 31, 2020, 06:26:03 pm
ok her gameplay looks interesting. thought she was holding a giant bottle of mayo for a second there.
#433  July 31, 2020, 06:43:40 pm
  • SNK is life
I like her design and gameplay showcase. I like the fact that she's free. I like these cross-promotion characters to reach a wider audience.

All this h8 over "She's taking my favorite character's spot!" is nonsense :)
#434  July 31, 2020, 11:46:05 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Good post, walt.
#435  August 01, 2020, 03:33:25 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Not much from the Roundtable, but they announced a Season Pass 3, outlasting KOF XIV which only had 2, if it gets made.
Still nothin' for XV, but they sorta implied it saying something was in development which was announced at EVO.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#436  August 01, 2020, 04:01:52 am
  • SNK is life
3 DLC Seasons is indicative of commercial success. I'm glad this game struck a cord with the FGC. Probably because its gameplay is relatively simple to grasp.

Good post, walt.
Thank you Uche, your support and approval is the wind beneath my wings

Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 04:32:20 am by walt
#437  August 14, 2020, 07:06:33 am
    • Brazil

Isn't specifically about the most recent SamSho, but it's still a great video and it uses the latest game a lot.
#438  October 29, 2020, 03:13:08 pm

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#439  October 29, 2020, 05:00:41 pm
    • Brazil
I think Hibiki has a very high chance, she is probably the most recognizable character from Last blade.
#440  October 29, 2020, 07:10:58 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Swords up for Kaede
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller