YesNoOk

KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series) (Read 189675 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, June 19, 2017, 11:00:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: KOF Destiny (CGI Animated Series)
#101  July 31, 2020, 02:14:10 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
What's the story difference between 94 an 95
Don't look at any Wiki

94's the first KOF Tourney Rugal hosted. Back when the Black Noah still functioned, he simply wanted to feel more powerful by defeating (or possibly killing) the champions of the tournament, which also explains why he has that statue collection of people he has previously defeated. Kyo, Beni and Daimon end up foiling his plan as he goes down with his ship.

95 is when Kyo meets up with his main rival Iori. Meanwhile, Rugal, who everyone supposedly thinks died from the last tourney, kidnaps Kyo's dad Saisyu and brainwashes him to fight his son during the second to last match of the tourney.  95 is also the first tournament that gives passing mention to the Orochi Power, and serves as a precursor to Goenitz's introduction. Also worth noting that Rugal canonically dies after transforming into his "Omega" form, being defeated by Kyo and being overtaken by the Orochi Power.

Judging by context, this and KOF Destiny are both supposed to have their own sort of spin on the KOF Lore, since some things I listed here don't match up with Destiny's storyline.
#102  July 31, 2020, 02:21:56 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Yeah it seems Destiny and Awaken will make up a retelling of the Orochi Saga itself, not the games that make it, introducing both Iori and Goenitz (In full) in Awaken with Destiny killing off Rugal.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#103  July 31, 2020, 06:51:45 pm
    • Germany
They already mixed some stuff from 95 in the first series with Rugal going Omega etc.
#104  July 31, 2020, 06:59:15 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#105  August 11, 2020, 04:59:07 pm
  • SNK is life
Stop being like that. You know that while they share similarities, in canon they're not the same thing. They're not SFA/SFA2
#106  August 11, 2020, 08:15:02 pm
If you made a series about 94 then a series about 95, you would get a lot of people very annoyed that you did the same thing twice.
At least it would greatly reduce the production cost.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#107  August 31, 2020, 02:52:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, but if anything, they shoudl have skipped 94...
#108  September 22, 2020, 03:58:03 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Well I am optimistic to see where they plan on taking this forward. Who knows we might get to see them some point in the films/series.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Iori looks slick though, fingers crossed here.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way