YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2570655 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2381  July 15, 2020, 05:46:37 am
    • USA
Hi Everyone, currently back after a year long hiatus, but mostly ive been on and off again with mugen/ikemen. It was probably the tail end of 2018 that I got back to this stuff, but now I mostly look at the Ikemen side, I think what they are doing there is amazing!
#2382  July 15, 2020, 03:16:46 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Hello everyone (And sorry for forgot this) My Name is Kamui_Kanjai, but just call me KenJou_Lirt. Is nice to meet this page
#2383  July 17, 2020, 09:21:41 am
  • Boss
  • The Past, Present, and Future of the Fight
    • medium.com/throwback-fighters
Hey all. I'm not so much new to MUGEN or the community, I've just never been very vocal. Always the lurker. In the years since I first discovered MUGEN, a lot has happened for me. I have the skill and free time to create something of my own that I figure would be just as useful to others and I hope that it will be for me.

Because of issues that I've had with getting into other types of fighters outside of Street Fighter and strictly 1v1/2D;2.5D fighters, I've decided to start creating fighting game guides of my own. I'm just one person, and it's a lot of work, but I enjoy creating things. While I am capable of doing animation it's not something I've kept in practice at and would have to reeducate myself on it.

Primarily what I do is create, or borrow and edit assets (images, video) to use for my guides and whatever else. I'm a "trained" web designer/developer with much more of an emphasis on the design part. Anyway, I've taken my love of fighting games, creating things, and wanting to do something useful, and created an outlet for it called throwbackfighters.

You can check out some things I began putting together initially at throwbackfighters.com/guides/. Right now though, I'm working on learning to play and creating a guide for Garou: MotW.

After a lot of down time, I'm finally getting back into it. I try to find assets pulled from the games I want to create guides for to use in my site if possible, but the majority of what I do is pulling things from different places (mostly screenshots from the game itself) and turning them into usable assets for the web or whatever else. When I'm done, I don't mind releasing the work I've done for others to use if they wish.

I'm not trying to make money, and I'm not looking for anything from anyone. Just to try and contribute something that I believe is useful to those who love and want to play fighting games as much as I do.

Anywho, you can message me at any of the places I've listed that it's possible to message me.  Also, you can call me "Doc" as my name in the majority of my online gaming profiles is doctorcl.aw or a slight variation if necessary. Glad to be here and hope to meet cool and respectful people who don't take themselves, or the games we play, far too seriously.

TW: @throwbackboss
IG: @throwbackfighters
YT: youtube.throwbackfighters.com
Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:33:55 am by throwbackboss
#2384  July 21, 2020, 12:19:13 am
    • USA
I've been playing since the JudgeSpear era, and I've even gotten into doing some code for it. I'm one to appreciate well-made characters, especially those with extra care into features like Negative Edge and Buffering. I also like obscure game conversions.
#2385  July 22, 2020, 05:49:39 am
    • Chile
Hi love the engine.and how gives the creators complete some games that the big company sold us incomplete.
#2386  July 27, 2020, 08:13:03 pm
Hello all! :-)
#2387  July 28, 2020, 12:16:25 am
    • USA
Hello everyone, I'm PastarDisastar nice to meet you, I want to learn all about this wonderful site and i'm happy to be here =)
#2388  July 29, 2020, 11:15:32 pm
    • Germany
Hello everybody!!!

I'm Lukas. I'm new to the whole Mugen thing, but I was always wanted to try it out. I got into it because I wanted to practice my art skills haha. However, after having seen what one can do with the whole Mugen thing, I have become a huge fan and want to go totally for it!
#2389  August 20, 2020, 09:38:58 am
  • Attempting to develop drawing skills to the best
Not exactly a stranger to MUGEN itself, having played the engine/game for around a decade or so. Became a fighting game fan as a result of MUGEN.
I'm also fairly familiar to pixel art, and might post stuff here. In other words, hello everybody.
Author of an upcoming AVGN character project and a few unannounced projects.
#2390  August 20, 2020, 11:11:24 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Welcome everyone. Love to see people interacting and sharing their stuff!
#2391  August 20, 2020, 02:50:38 pm
  • I am God of Gif
    • Brazil
    • http://www.deusdogif.com.br/

TiE

#2392  August 20, 2020, 03:43:12 pm
  • used the search button
    • Germany
Hi and welcome.
Quite some aggressive self-advertisement, deusdogif.

Personally I consider it too much already.
[BGdef]
 ;Filename of sprite data
spr = stages/ ***.sff
#2393  August 20, 2020, 04:32:09 pm
  • I am God of Gif
    • Brazil
    • http://www.deusdogif.com.br/
Hi and welcome.
Quite some aggressive self-advertisement, deusdogif.

Personally I consider it too much already.

self-advertisement what? I don't make money from it!
But I saw the forum rules and I will be more restrained not to pollute with animations, sorry about that!
I thought that in a Mugen forum, you would find it cool to see animation with sprites, even out of context, because this is fun!
But thanks for the reception!
#2394  August 21, 2020, 09:35:16 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thank you for being considerate. There are spots for the gifs and links to your site. Look through all the different sections. You'll be surprised at all the awesome stuff you'll find.
Welcome to the forum @deusdogif:, and @Lee425MGN:
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#2395  September 02, 2020, 05:03:14 am
Hi everyone. New to Mugen, not new to Clayfighter. Saw a post about a Clayfighter character made so got my interest piqued and checking this place out. Nice to be here :)
#2396  September 14, 2020, 07:58:44 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Hello everyone, i'm new here in MFG forum, and this is my first time replying this  ;D

I make MUGEN videos soon
Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 09:02:59 am by Paulo S
#2397  September 18, 2020, 10:08:16 am
I just realized i haven't posted here yet, so... Hey guys, I'm fairly new to Mugen, My friend found out about it and then he introduced me to it, And Now I'm hooked. This site has been a great help so far in helping me find my answers. I'm hoping to release characters in Mugen someday, and use the knowledge some day when i work in the video gaming industry.
#2398  October 09, 2020, 03:58:43 am
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
Hello everyone! I'm T_DR! And if anyone remembers the MUGEN Motherland forums back in 2008-2010 ish I was MVCFighter. And yes, I'm back to playing MUGEN after a 8 year hiatus.
#2399  October 31, 2020, 08:14:24 am
    • Venezuela
Buenos días me presento soy Spawn2872 y antes solía estar en los foros de kyubimugen mas sin embargo mucho tiempo ha pasado desde eso xD , en fin.. tienen una comunidad muy interesante aquí y estoy ansioso por contribuir :)
#2400  November 10, 2020, 07:00:53 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Good to see this beautiful Forum still alive and kicking. Hope to see some old heads from 2006 :D how the years go by.  Hello to all the new comers. You all came to the right place especially if you want to learn Pixel Art, Animations, and good old mugen Coding. This forum is birth of my pixel art.