YesNoOk

What's possible with the MUGEN lifebar? (portrait resize troubleshooting) (Read 1504 times)

Started by Slivern, September 06, 2020, 08:17:52 am
Share this topic:
What's possible with the MUGEN lifebar? (portrait resize troubleshooting)
New #1  September 06, 2020, 08:17:52 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
So I'm developing a small game using MUGEN, and I have a UI already setup. This is the UI.

One thing I wanted to test is to see how character icons in game display. I made a test trapezoid portrait for Kung Fu Man that's the same size as the trapezoid you see above (at the far left and right of each lifebar, respectively) and I notice that it's quite huge in the game:

Is it possible to find options in the definition files that will manipulate the size of this portrait or will I have to scale it down myself via Image Manipulation software (GIMP or others) to achieve the results I'll need?
Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 10:03:00 am by Slivern
Re: What's possible with the MUGEN lifebar? (portrait resize troubleshooting)
#2  September 06, 2020, 08:53:26 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

It's possible to scale it via code, you can adjust the scale of the portrait in the lifebar's def file, it's usually fight.def in the data folder. Search for "p1.face.scale = .5,.5" or something like that and play with the values.
Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:07:48 am by DeathScythe
Re: What's possible with the MUGEN lifebar? (portrait resize troubleshooting)
New #3  September 06, 2020, 09:55:56 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
I don't see anything for p1.face.scale. Is that a line of code you can add?

EDIT: I just found out that this is indeed possible. For those of you that haven't done this before, here's a snippet of screenshots that will help you when developing your lifebars.

First thing you need to do is add the line.

If done correctly, you will see something like this:

So, in case you're wondering why I'm asking a thread like this, it's because I wanted to determine if it was possible to use something other than image 9000,0 (the default lifebar portrait) for further customization. As you can see, I'm using image 9000,4 (a different image I added in KFM's .sff file), and as you can also see, it is possible!

To change the portrait size of the other player, you do the same thing, but type in "p2.face.scale". All of this is under [Face] in the fight.def file.

So with that in mind, may this thread be helpful to you moving forward.

Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 10:04:44 am by Slivern