YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734134 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2121  October 01, 2020, 03:21:21 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The point wasn't the viability, it was the interest from Nintendo in going down promoting a series they can not advertise in their own country.  Of course there's video game history behind the series that would make nearly any mainstay MK character a worthwhile addition but it doesn't play nice with Japan's laws.

Which sometimes makes me wonder how anime classics ever got off the ground like Akira or Ghost in the Shell, anime by and large to a good number equates to "the excessively violent and sexy cartoons" but that's a whole different, broad topic.

That said, it surprises me just from the huge influence MK has had on video games in general, they don't attempt to give Japan altered censored versions.  Hardcore fans are gonna import anyways and I thought they did that with China to begin with.

In other words, what Person Man said.  However, counter to the wider market; Banjo & Kazooie and Terry.  Those are both niche markets whose inclusion is pretty much there to show to a new, unfamiliar audience.  It'd just again be in reverse, Japan would be the one not really in the know about MK stuff. (That seems to be the case with Banjo's rising Japanese interest ever since his Smash addition.  It's freaking bizarre seeing Grant Kirkhope chatting with Japanese Twitch streamers under anime girl vises as of late, but bizarre in a neat way seeing new people playing for the first time there)
Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 03:39:37 am by Long John Killer
#2122  October 01, 2020, 03:37:02 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
As I said before, the closest to a Mortal Kombat addition would be in Mii Costumes.  Several other M-rated franchises have been featured this way.  Scorpion and Subzero would work well as Swordsman costumes.  Playable characters is out the window.
#2123  October 01, 2020, 03:46:58 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
throwing down predictions:

Miles "Tails" Prower
Agumon
Shantae
Travis Touchdown
#2124  October 01, 2020, 04:25:39 am
    • Brazil
#2125  October 01, 2020, 05:04:36 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Fall Guys Mii costume would be a good DLC. Hex-A-Gone theme better be included too.

Mortal Kombat being in Smash isn't bullshit either. Pirhana, Joker, and Hero were.
#2126  October 01, 2020, 12:07:07 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2127  October 01, 2020, 04:04:02 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I don't even play Minecraft, but I AM HYPED AS FUCK!!!!! WOOOOOOO
#2128  October 01, 2020, 04:07:12 pm
Dang Tracer really let herself go, eh?
#2129  October 01, 2020, 04:07:48 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
That was a total fucking disappointment. Fuck Minecraft. Seriously, fuck that game.

On the bright side... at least there's a new punching bag.
#2130  October 01, 2020, 04:20:18 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Whoop-dee-doo, another pretty faced sword boy with a female alt.  Real original, Sakurai.

But for real, this is wild.  Never played Minecraft, but I’m interested to give Steve a go in Smash.  A move set centered around building up a set of resources to power up your attacks reminds me of Phoenix Wright’s evidence system in UMvC3.
#2131  October 01, 2020, 04:21:02 pm
  • Indeed
#2132  October 01, 2020, 04:21:50 pm

Tracer trailer.
#2133  October 01, 2020, 04:24:29 pm
    • Mexico
Being honest, Steve was more or less the kind of inclusion Smash needed. Enthusiasm for new characters had really gone downhill ever since Byleth and they needed to remind people that this game is a celebration of all gaming. Now, would I have chosen Steve over say Dante, Sora, Master Chief or Geno? Of course not, but Minecraft has one pedigree not many other franchises have and for that alone, it was a more than reasonable addition to Smash.
#2134  October 01, 2020, 04:33:44 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'm not sure how do I feel about Steve's inclusion.
And I thought people don't talk too much about Minecraft anymore.
This is fate.
#2135  October 01, 2020, 04:39:54 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I can only imagine Minecraft getting Smash related skins now.

Not a huge fan of the game, but I am curious on the moveset, as they've said they had to rework all of the stages for it to work. That would explain why it took so long for it to come out (well, besides everything else going on in the world).
#2136  October 01, 2020, 04:53:55 pm
A part of me thinks Steve was supposed to be in Pack 1 but due to how frustrating it was to get him working, he needed more time and we ended up with Byleth, who could've been reserved for Pack 2.  We even had leaks referencing Steve and Minecraft a year ago along with Hero.
#2137  October 01, 2020, 05:06:44 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#2138  October 01, 2020, 05:12:26 pm
    • Brazil
Wow, that was incredibly... meh.
#2139  October 01, 2020, 05:26:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ugh, why couldn't it be a shitty character I wanted?
#2140  October 01, 2020, 05:35:47 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Ugh, why couldn't it be a shitty character I wanted?

Why make posts like this? People have a right to show their discontent and Sakurai/Nintendo/whatever doesn't need you defending them.