YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 617452 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Updates and more?
#181  October 01, 2020, 11:47:19 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
^If you suggest +25 characters I can't believe you want anything particularly. Make a case for one or two, maybe three.

Impeccable comedic timing, thanks for the laugh!

I ain't see that lol xD

So i'll reduce my recommendations tho.

NGBC = Moriya, Kisarah and Shiki.

CvS2 = Gief, Bison/Vega (Dictator) and Kyosuke.

VS2 = Bishamon, Zabel and Aulbath.

SamSho V SP = Galford, Sogetsu and Hanzo.

KOF XI = Oswald, Elisabeth and Ramon.

CFJ = Jedah (and yes, will be interesting to see his version from CFJ instead from VS2) Mukuro and Urien.
#182  October 02, 2020, 12:34:57 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Rimururu and Goddess Athena are definitely cool and cute choices, but yeah gotta agree with gui. CFJ Jedah would be boss.

Don't know would kind of spritesheet would work best for athena though, possibly ohgakis (if given permission), some other custom sprites if someone else has made, or just a good workaround like your Genjuro.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#183  October 02, 2020, 12:43:13 am
  • Indeed
I had an idea you may (or may not) find interesting and challenging: I suggest you Nakoruru, but with a twist. Give her two modes: a normal/slash version with Mamahaha, and an alternate/bust version with Shikuru the wolf based on Purple Nakoruru and Rera. I know this is not technically a SSV option, but you get the idea.
#184  October 02, 2020, 01:25:35 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Just forgot to add, my wishlist. Those from SvC(both pocket and chaos) without their sheets unconverted to CvS with a graphic conversion to CvS. That would be nice.
I swear there was something cool here!!

lui

#185  October 02, 2020, 02:08:25 am
    • USA
From the list you gave, Shion and Oswald all the fuggin way.

Espeically since they both have highly unique, yet distinct movesets that provide different types of playstyles in their own way.
#186  October 02, 2020, 02:37:44 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I had an idea you may (or may not) find interesting and challenging: I suggest you Nakoruru, but with a twist. Give her two modes: a normal/slash version with Mamahaha, and an alternate/bust version with Shikuru the wolf based on Purple Nakoruru and Rera. I know this is not technically a SSV option, but you get the idea.

Man this would be so cool, I thought about suggesting it but I couldn't think of a better explanation than "I like her and she's fun to use". Unfortunately, I dunno if it would be feasible with the CvS sprites without someone doing some new ones of Nako on Shikuru's back.

On top of that, I'd love to see you tackle making a Dan Hibiki Karma. I love me some Dan the Man and he could use a more up to date version with proper sprites (PotS' version uses those blown up ones). I'm curious to see how you'd approach making a definitive version of a joke character too.

And if not those, I second the idea of you tackling either Hibiki Takane, Jedah, or Gai Tendo.
#187  October 02, 2020, 05:27:32 am
    • Brazil
There's plenty time to discuss tho, as I'll be making the character as early as late November to early 2021.
Which means there is plenty of time for me to try and convince you to not make a Darkstalkers character Jmorphman style if you make one of them.
#188  October 02, 2020, 09:50:33 am
There's plenty time to discuss tho, as I'll be making the character as early as late November to early 2021.
Which means there is plenty of time for me to try and convince you to not make a Darkstalkers character Jmorphman style if you make one of them.
you know that you are very likely a minority here with this opinion, right? Demitri like style is definetly something that I would like to see if the chosen character was from Darkstalkers.

As for the character I'd prefer, dunno, I will gladly eat whatever Karma serves. But if I had to choose it would definately be someone from Samurai Shodown. No prefferences, everyone there is damn cool. Nakoruru already has perfectly fine pots style conversion though (by pots himself), so that's the only character from SS I wouldn't be thrilled to get. If it's going to be Mina I'd prefer her clothed appearance.

edit: since I don't really have a preference who I'd like, I definatly have the opposite one. Please not yet another version of pots dictator, gief or sagat (or anyone from sf2 really). (And I know this is a minority opinion too :P)
Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:17:25 am by K4thos
#189  October 02, 2020, 11:16:28 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
I have one character in mind.

Yoshitora Tokugawa, the main protagonist from Samurai Showdown V.
Unlike a lot of choices he hasn't been converted multiple times or has a stand out version in mugen.
He's a great all-round character as far as play style with a stand out look.
I think since he isn't a typical pick. Him being created would be more unique.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 08:45:23 am by TheHateThatHateMade
#190  October 02, 2020, 11:20:19 am
  • Indeed
Man this would be so cool, I thought about suggesting it but I couldn't think of a better explanation than "I like her and she's fun to use". Unfortunately, I dunno if it would be feasible with the CvS sprites without someone doing some new ones of Nako on Shikuru's back.

Man, you're right, I didn't think this through. One "soultion" could be disregarding her mounting moves and only give her some Galford-esque assist attacks, but yeah... Wouldn't be as cool, maybe.

edit: since I don't really have a preference who I'd like, I definatly have the opposite one. Please not yet another version of pots dictator, gief or sagat (or anyone from sf2 really). (And I know this is a minority opinion too :P)

I kinda understand you. One side of me has the "collector mentality" and I'd rather want a never-before-seen character in PotS style instead of another version of what there's already available. On the other hand, a side of me has a "uniformity mentality" that makes me want less characters but with similar styles, and since some "core SF characters" such as Dictator, Zangief and Sagat aren't on par with some other characters, I'd like them to be remade properly. Right now, my "uniformity side" has a stronger voice.

That's also why I'd prefer to have a DS character made like Jmorphman's Demitri (on that we agree).
#191  October 02, 2020, 11:49:51 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Got a big bias for Oswald, Adelheid, Shen and Jedah on the list, with honorable mentions to K' and Moriya. I feel like these characters would definitely thrive in the P.o.t.S style.
#192  October 02, 2020, 12:51:28 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I actually second this. I've been giving it some thought for the past two days thinking what character I want in mind (Which is why I haven't replied until now), but I can't think of anyone in mind and the characters I main have already been done by someone else. Instead, I've come to a conclusion that I personally rather not have someone that exists in the PotS style already. So I'm part of the minority as well...

If Karma does make another existing character like Iori and Terry, I like to see him do an EX version like he did with those two to add variety.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#193  October 02, 2020, 03:26:21 pm
On the other hand, a side of me has a "uniformity mentality" that makes me want less characters but with similar styles, and since some "core SF characters" such as Dictator, Zangief and Sagat aren't on par with some other characters, I'd like them to be remade properly. Right now, my "uniformity side" has a stronger voice.

I consider current iteration of those characters to be very good, if not great (dictator made by pots himself, with various cosmetic updates by other authors, gief by Knuckles, Sagat by DivineWolf). They are among better characters made in this style, imo (if we consider max mode characters part of the same family). I'm pretty sure Karma's version would replace each of them in my roster, if she would make them, but it's hard for me to feel excited for something that would replace stuff that I already like.

Imagine hypothetical time line in which Karma released Ryu and Ken duo instead of Yun and Yang. What a thrill ;)
#194  October 02, 2020, 04:14:50 pm
at this point if I was Karma I would just plop a couple of chars that I have interest in  making and just let people vote.
#195  October 02, 2020, 04:27:11 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
^I might pick up the four most requested characters from each of the 6 games and make a poll with them and 3-4 votes for each person.
On the other hand, a side of me has a "uniformity mentality" that makes me want less characters but with similar styles, and since some "core SF characters" such as Dictator, Zangief and Sagat aren't on par with some other characters, I'd like them to be remade properly. Right now, my "uniformity side" has a stronger voice.

I consider current iteration of those characters to be very good, if not great (dictator made by pots himself, with various cosmetic updates by other authors, gief by Knuckles, Sagat by DivineWolf). They are among better characters made in this style, imo (if we consider max mode characters part of the same family). I'm pretty sure Karma's version would replace each of them in my roster, if she would make them, but it's hard for me to feel excited for something that would replace stuff that I already like.
I don't think Knuckles made a Zangief tho.

It's actually cool to see people not addressing me only and also addressing other's suggestions as it gives me a picture of what you guys don't want.
#196  October 02, 2020, 04:58:47 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
BahamianKing maded a Zangief POTS, I like him.
#197  October 02, 2020, 05:32:18 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
#198  October 02, 2020, 07:58:21 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
I'm on planning on updating Ryu from PotS but SOO many did it already.
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#199  October 02, 2020, 08:17:10 pm
  • Indeed
#200  October 02, 2020, 08:49:24 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
There's no need to vote for Ryu because ever since Terry my idea was to make Ryu for my tenth character (the one being decided in this thread is the 9th). I want him to be my magnum opus.