YesNoOk

Ibuki Released- Blue Mary Updated (Read 18960 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, October 10, 2020, 01:00:39 am
Share this topic:
Ibuki Released- Blue Mary Updated
#1  October 10, 2020, 01:00:39 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Re: Ibuki Released- Blue Mary Updated
#2  October 10, 2020, 02:11:37 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Awesome work Infinite! I also like the addition to her tanuki companion, it's adorbs :3

Although I did come across one issue so far, but first the updated Blue Mary's main palette is on c2 = 9 instead of a = 1.

Her clsn during Hien is still active after the end of it and during her fall (More noticeable during her EX variation).
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#3  October 10, 2020, 02:23:58 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
#4  October 10, 2020, 02:30:11 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Feedback on Ibuki:
-Kaze Kiri has no strong kick swing sound and/or super jump sound effect.
-EX Kaze Kiri doesn't knock the opponent down like the normal versions do.
-The opponent can quickly recover from EX Kaze Kiri if they are hit in the air with it.
-The running animation only plays one step sound.
-After doing certain actions, she can suddenly run even when Run/Dash is set to 0 (Which makes this setting pointless if you strictly want her to dash only).
-The dash dust has no dash sound effect on the running startup when Run/Dash is set to 1.
-The dash dust plays twice on the running startup when Run/Dash is set to 2.
-Yoroi Doushi plays sliding sound effect instead of a landing one when she touches the ground (Either should be sliding dust or the proper landing sound effect).
-The 2nd hit of Hashin Shou and Saigo Hashin Shou uses a strong punch hit sound despite being a kick.
-Saigo Hashin Shou has a sliding sound effect even though she lands on the ground after a successful hit.
-There is a unnecessary strong ground shockwave from the fightfx played together with the PotS styled one on Kacho Fugetsu when the opponent hits the ground.

That's all for now, thanks for the release.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 06:08:52 am by SolidZone 26
#5  October 10, 2020, 04:13:15 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Finally you released Ibuki, thanks Infinite.

In Blue Mary, what you updated in her?

PS: Plans for a future char?
#6  October 10, 2020, 04:51:10 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Feedback on Ibuki:
This version is based off of SF3, which doesn't knock down.

-After doing certain actions, she can suddenly run even when Run/Dash is set to 0 (Which makes this setting pointless if you strictly want her to dash only).
I'm seeing this too.  Though it doesn't look like it affects the running config.

Another thing I'm seeing is that for all versions of Hien including EX (on hit, block or whiff), normal versions of Keze Kiri (block or whiff), and her getting up from being knocked down look to have a 1 or a couple frames of recovery to where she can't do anything.  This is especially bad for her getting up from a knockdown, as she has no wake-up options.

#7  October 10, 2020, 10:56:55 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Good to know you're still good with chars. Hopefully you do an All Chars updated thingy one day.
Can't say much for the 2 of em' but:
1. Ibuki's normals that use the Super Jump sound have the sound played twice at least.
2. Kaze Kiri's energy sound is kinda delayed.
3. You didn't mention that Kasumi Suzaku can be mashed for more Shurikens.
4. SFV Mode could do with some Super differences to make it more distinct (Her Fuma Shuriken could be a fun addition).
5. Blue Mary's new MAX Mary Typhoon lacks the Rose effect when it lands.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8  October 10, 2020, 08:45:23 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-Kaze Kiri has no strong kick swing sound and/or super jump sound effect.
fixed
SolidZone 26 said:

This version is based off of SF3, which doesn't knock down.
this

fixed

SolidZone 26 said:
-The opponent can quickly recover from EX Kaze Kiri if they are hit in the air with it.
fixed
SolidZone 26 said:
-The running animation only plays one step sound.
fixed
SolidZone 26 said:
fixed
SolidZone 26 said:
-The dash dust has no dash sound effect on the running startup when Run/Dash is set to 1.
SolidZone 26 said:
fixed
-The dash dust plays twice on the running startup when Run/Dash is set to 2.
SolidZone 26 said:
fixed
-Yoroi Doushi plays sliding sound effect instead of a landing one when she touches the ground (Either should be sliding dust or the proper landing sound effect).
tweaked
SolidZone 26 said:
-The 2nd hit of Hashin Shou and Saigo Hashin Shou uses a strong punch hit sound despite being a kick.
fixed
SolidZone 26 said:
-Saigo Hashin Shou has a sliding sound effect even though she lands on the ground after a successful hit.
tweaked
SolidZone 26 said:
-There is a unnecessary strong ground shockwave from the fightfx played together with the PotS styled one on Kacho Fugetsu when the opponent hits the ground.
fixed

In Blue Mary, what you updated in her?
-Mainly AI, should would get cheap and spam so I had to tweak her a bit
-Max Mary Typhoon is now more accurate to how it was
-Reworked some of her air combos in combo mode/new launcher
-little tweakes
Akito said:
PS: Plans for a future char?
Yes I will be updating WIP thread in a few days

Another thing I'm seeing is that for all versions of Hien including EX (on hit, block or whiff), normal versions of Keze Kiri (block or whiff), and her getting up from being knocked down look to have a 1 or a couple frames of recovery to where she can't do anything.  This is especially bad for her getting up from a knockdown, as she has no wake-up options.
I Tweaked, I sped up her recovery frames because she has way more than your average sprited characters.

1. Ibuki's normals that use the Super Jump sound have the sound played twice at least.
fixed
RagingRowen said:
2. Kaze Kiri's energy sound is kinda delayed.
it start when the fx starts but I added a woosh sound.
RagingRowen said:
3. You didn't mention that Kasumi Suzaku can be mashed for more Shurikens.
yea...That's an Ibuki secret art
RagingRowen said:
4. SFV Mode could do with some Super differences to make it more distinct (Her Fuma Shuriken could be a fun addition).
If I could get some good big Sasuke level Shuriken sprites I would be down.
RagingRowen said:
5. Blue Mary's new MAX Mary Typhoon lacks the Rose effect when it lands.
Fixed

Thanks Guys for the comments and feedback.
#9  October 11, 2020, 10:24:09 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
It seems that I missed a few things on Ibuki and some on her update:
-Her crouching HP is using a heavy kick hit sound instead of a heavy punch one.
-The super jump sound effect when using Kobe Kudaki and Bonsho Geri plays twice (Which is why it sounds louder than normal).
-Kubi Ori doesn't have a grab sound when the opponent gets caught the first time (It would sound better with two instead of just one).
-Custom combo effect when performed in the air is misaligned.
-I forgot to mention that the forward dash is a step sound instead of a landing sound effect.
-The sliding dust on Yoroi Doushi plays multiple times instead of once.
-Saigo Hashin Shou still has a sliding sound effect along with the landing sound on the landing effect at the end (Although you said tweaked, I can still hear both playing together).
-The proper strong ground shockwave on Kacho Fugetsu plays the normal ground shockwave instead of the strong one (I was unable to notice this previously because of the off-placed fightfx one).

Also Vocalnoid already mentioned this, but Blue Mary's default palette is still on C2 instead of A1. The palette on the select screen looks correct, but choosing it without the palette selector is not. The one used as default is a purple shirt with red pants instead of red with blue (Which doesn't match the big portrait).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  October 11, 2020, 12:48:07 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
It can sound stupd question, but.
Are there some deleted moves in this new version of Mary ?

I played an older version few days ago, and the moves were different.
#11  October 12, 2020, 04:16:39 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
-Her crouching HP is using a heavy kick hit sound instead of a heavy punch one.
fixed
-The super jump sound effect when using Kobe Kudaki and Bonsho Geri plays twice (Which is why it sounds louder than normal).
removed
-Kubi Ori doesn't have a grab sound when the opponent gets caught the first time (It would sound better with two instead of just one).
added
-Custom combo effect when performed in the air is misaligned.
tweaked
-I forgot to mention that the forward dash is a step sound instead of a landing sound effect.
fixed
-The sliding dust on Yoroi Doushi plays multiple times instead of once.
purpose, it looks better like this
-Saigo Hashin Shou still has a sliding sound effect along with the landing sound on the landing effect at the end (Although you said tweaked, I can still hear both playing together).
I must of had two of them...
-The proper strong ground shockwave on Kacho Fugetsu plays the normal ground shockwave instead of the strong one (I was unable to notice this previously because of the off-placed fightfx one).
I think you are talking about the sound?
Also Vocalnoid already mentioned this, but Blue Mary's default palette is still on C2 instead of A1. The palette on the select screen looks correct, but choosing it without the palette selector is not. The one used as default is a purple shirt with red pants instead of red with blue (Which doesn't match the big portrait).
fixed

It can sound stupd question, but.
Are there some deleted moves in this new version of Mary ?

I played an older version few days ago, and the moves were different.
No she has the same moves, I didn't delete anything. Maybe your config file was different with her different command style for the moves?
#12  October 12, 2020, 05:21:09 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#13  October 13, 2020, 05:41:35 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Amazing version of Ibuki for sure!

DW

#14  October 17, 2020, 07:39:51 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Good to see you around big brodie. I'm not too keen on Ibuki in terms of what she does and all. Though overall, I have nothing to report in terms of any bugs or anything. I did notice though for her EX Kunai special, it lingers, and restricts her from throwing another(normal or EX) for quite some time. She should be allowed to throw another kunai when a previous one in no longer in a active state.

Some of her clsns could use some refining/synergy. I'll have to look them all over again, but this mainly refers to her various jumping/flipping actions/attacks. I'll perhaps compile a list and get back with you. As for the giant shuriken sprite, I'm sure Hanzo either the WH or SS version has sprites like that you could use right? I know for certain SS Hanzo does. Even if it's only the smaller one, you could just scale it up with code. Up to you if you wanted to implement her SFV stuff.

At any rate, good job and thanks for sharing. If I run into anything funny or have anymore suggestions, I'll hit you up. I haven't tried any alternate mode stuff, so I should get around to that. :P

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about Blue Mary:

-With chaining toggled on, she can perform infinites, because you still allow her to command cancel from her normals.
Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:44:44 pm by DW
#15  October 18, 2020, 10:10:55 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
I did notice though for her EX Kunai special, it lingers, and restricts her from throwing another(normal or EX) for quite some time. She should be allowed to throw another kunai when a previous one in no longer in a active state.
fixed

-With chaining toggled on, she can perform infinites, because you still allow her to command cancel from her normals.
fixed

Thanks Guys comments and feedback and the video.
#16  October 19, 2020, 12:14:51 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
So what’s next man. Congrats on recent works. I will be doing a sp with a combo, of 3 of my top creators. You of course is one of them, stay tuned and keep it rocking.
#17  October 19, 2020, 03:21:43 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
So what’s next man. Congrats on recent works. I will be doing a sp with a combo, of 3 of my top creators. You of course is one of them, stay tuned and keep it rocking.

Wow, I want look this.

And about Ibuki and other Infinite chars, I love them.

I have a screenpack project based in this style too, continue your good work Mr.Infinite!
#18  October 19, 2020, 05:47:33 am
    • Australia
The ground bounce for Ibuki and Mary don't feel right. I don't think your older characters had these (minor) issues.

Ibuki

Her axis seems misaligned, and she doesn't transition well between bounce states/animations:
https://streamable.com/v1bjkn

Here's what I think it should look like:
https://streamable.com/2wk0mm

Mary

In anim 5051 (going up) the last element has a time of -1, which means it never changes to 5061 (going down), making it looks like her legs fall through the floor, making the transition to ground bounce look very odd:
https://streamable.com/map1i2

It should look like this:
https://streamable.com/0eawii

Besides that, both characters are solid as always. Thanks for your work!

#19  October 20, 2020, 12:17:58 am
  • The true fight begins now..get in the tournament!
  • Danzey legendary tournament is the final fight!
    • France
    • danzey-legendary-tournament.blogspot.fr/
HI infinite! great work as usual! do you intend to release DAN in your style? I love you work! impressive!

my older name was danzey,now i'm SHIN DANZEY
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE AND my Website
#20  October 20, 2020, 04:04:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Her axis seems misaligned, and she doesn't transition well between bounce states/animations:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
tweaked
Mary
In anim 5051 (going up) the last element has a time of -1, which means it never changes to 5061 (going down), making it looks like her legs fall through the floor, making the transition to ground bounce look very odd:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
fixed

Thanks Guys for the comments and feedback.