YesNoOk

New Character: Nitori Kawashiro (Read 25847 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, April 17, 2020, 06:30:46 am
Share this topic:
New Character: Nitori Kawashiro
#1  April 17, 2020, 06:30:46 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

"Kappa's Breakthrough Engineer"
Nitori Kawashiro
Species: Kappa
Ability: Manipulation of Water
Sprites courtesy of Blade/DarkArt

Story: A kappa engineer of the Youkai Mountain who won't hesitate to turn a profit from whatever technology she's able to reverse-engineer from the rare gadgets from the outside world that make their way into Gensokyo from time to time. With the outbreak of the mysterious fragments, the kappa, including Nitori, have managed to reverse engineer certain technologies unlike any seen in Gensokyo before now. At the same time, the kappa have managed to unearth an ancient piece of technology buried deep underneath the Youkai Mountain; whether this is coincidence or not is yet to be seen, but there's one thing Nitori knows for certain: the technology of these fragments is incomplete without the remaining fragments, and if the kappa could get their hands on the rest, perhaps this could be an opportunity to extend their influence over Gensokyo, and make some quick cash in the process.

Nitori was someone who I've wanted to make for a while, but the existing sprite sets were sorely lacking. Thankfully, once Sumireko was complete, I've contacted Blade/Darkart from MMV and he was willing to sprite Nitori based on her existing animations from AoCF.

Screenshots:
TBA

Moves:

Specials:
  • Water Bomb Giant Swing - //
    Nitori's 5c from AoCF, she swings a water balloon around before tossing it. Swings count as melee while the throw counts as a projectile. Can delay the toss by holding the attack button. Angle of the throw is determined by the button pressed.
  • Water Driller - //
    Nitori's 6c from AoCF, which rushes forward with a drill. Can be charged by holding the button.
  • Photon Torpedo - // (Air OK)
    Nitori's 4c from AoCF, which causes Nitori to jump and fly forward while launching missiles behind her.
  • Farewell Rubber Ring - // (Air OK)
    Nitori's j6c from AoCF, which fires a grappling hook that latches on to the opponent or the ceiling, depending on the version used.
  • Aerial Blaster - //
    Nitori's 8c from AoCF, fires a missile that travels upward and, after a set amount of time, falls down on the opponent's position. Disappears if Nitori is hit.
  • Kiku-ichimonji Compressor - , //
    Nitori's 2c from AoCF, fires a grenade that, upon detonation, creates a vertical beam of water. Distance thrown is determined by the button press.

Unique Skill:
  • TBA

Spellcards:
  • TBA

Last Word:
  • TBA

Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:46:46 pm by Ricepigeon
Re: New Character: Nitori Kawashiro
#2  April 17, 2020, 06:33:50 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
seems promising, good luck, Pigeon.
#3  October 13, 2020, 12:18:50 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Palette template now available
#4  October 13, 2020, 04:11:37 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Not sure if you saw my ping on MFG's Discord but here's Engineer gaming
#5  October 14, 2020, 04:56:12 pm
kind of a nice touch from edited sprites on 'Shinpiroku'!
#6  October 20, 2020, 07:35:06 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Done some fixes on the Doom palette I submitted previously.

Also did a new palette, this one being based on the color scheme for an OC of my own making because praise shameless self-promotion.

Edit: Two more palettes from me, Zoe Drake and Minato Aqua respectively.

Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 04:58:51 am by Nep Heart
#7  October 21, 2020, 05:38:50 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/

Have an awesome Peacock Nitori.
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer