YesNoOk

Model Kit Thread (Gunpla, Model Tanks, Tamiya Cars, and more!) (Read 20987 times)

Started by Markpachi, February 03, 2016, 06:43:31 pm
Share this topic:
Model Kit Thread (Gunpla, Model Tanks, Tamiya Cars, and more!)
#1  February 03, 2016, 06:43:31 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I can't be the only one who likes model kits here, right? May it be model tanks, Tamiya cars, Bandai Mobile Suits, and everything in between, post anything that's related! It can be news, your works, and the likes.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I'll start things off.

The News for today!

A company named Mechanicore has been releasing some third-party Gundam kits, and they're amazingly well-done! Some of which are of the following:

Xi Gundam (Size comparison with Bandai's MG 1/100 Nu Gundam)

Penelope Gundam (Left: Penelope, Right: Xi)

Tief Sturmer (aka Deep Striker, their most recent release, box of Bandai's MG 1/100 Ex-S Gundam for size comparison)

(Can you believe that this is just a straight-out-of-the-box build? No paint apps!)

And now, they have another model kit under planning, the QMS-400 Kyrosa-Q, which looks like a Qubeley redesign. I honestly haven't seen this mobile suit before, so I assumed that it was a redesign, or maybe just an obscure U.C. suit? More research is needed.

Now, don't mistake this company for those China bootleggers. I've encountered only the Mechanicore's Xi Gundam, and I must say that the kit's overall design and quality is top-notch. Quality of the plastic is on par with Bandai's, if not a bit less.

Now, I know what you're asking. I want not one, but three! But how much do these kits cost, anyway? Well ...

Spoiler: $$$$$$ PRICE $$$$$$ (click to see content)

Okay, you're asking me now why it's so expensive. Well, these kits aren't your typical HG Bandai kits. These kits are for the more sophisticated, or advanced model kit builder, and is NOT for beginners! (I mean don't get me wrong, I won't mind you calling me a beginner if you're willing to give me a Tief Sturmer. Haha!)

So, yeah. That's the model kit info for today! And I hope this thread catches on.

If you need more reference pictures of these kits, and more, you can go straight on ahead to King's Toyland's FB Page!

Also, something completely not related to Gundam.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:50:57 pm by Markpachi
Re: Model Kit Thread (Gunpla, Model Tanks, Tamiya Cars, and more!)
#2  February 04, 2016, 05:22:07 am
  • all is love in fair and war

MSN 04-2 Nightingale
#3  February 04, 2016, 05:29:16 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
These third-party companies sure are getting crazy with their redesigns. :msurprised:

Did you make that?

#4  February 04, 2016, 05:39:05 am
  • all is love in fair and war
#5  February 10, 2016, 08:41:18 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Okay, more pics of Mechanicore's QMS-400 Kyrosa-Q model kit that's currently in the works.

Spoiler: Lots of pictures (click to see content)

#6  February 16, 2016, 03:59:39 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
The only reason I haven't posted in this topic yet is the fact that I don't have pictures of my completed Gunpla yet nor do I have the means to currently. So i'll just post what I can find.
In order of acquisition...

HG Gundam RX-78-2 and Zaku II (official Gunpla Starter Set ver.)
HG Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita
HGUC Zeta Gundam (2003 ver.)
And I currently have my HGFC God Gundam box collecting dust in my closet.
#7  February 17, 2016, 06:13:59 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Nice hauls, my friend. I have my own HG God Gundam, as well, but I had broken off the red parts on the backpack on both sides. I think it's an easy fix that Tamiya cement can do. I always wondered why there were grooves on those parts, when in reality, Bandai never provided cover parts for those. Separate add-on parts for the halo on its back?

#8  February 18, 2016, 06:31:34 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Okay, so here's a shot of the finished Tief Sturmer, all painted and decal-ed. Apparently, this was the first ever mass-produced Tief Sturmer kit to be finished and posted online. Kudos to the owner!

Also, I just noticed that the Kyrosa-Q is 1/72 Scale. Interesting ...

#9  February 26, 2016, 04:40:27 am
  • Raging Fist
well, I could post a work I did in the way past. I used to have a whole bunch of model kits, most of it was either HG or NG, but now the only one I have left is my MG Zaku II 2.0

This was made around my Early Teens. Didn't had much of anything toolwise save for an X-acto knife with rectangular blade and some model kit markers. Overall this took me almost a solid week to build due to High school and RL back then.
#10  October 13, 2020, 07:25:04 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Spoiler: RESURRECTION (click to see content)

So, like, anyone else here in the forum working on their GBWC entry? Or at least any model kit? lol

Currently working on mine; it's a Bandai RE/100 Jagd Doga, but I've customized it to be more reminiscent of Mamoru Nagano's mechanical aesthetics. He's the guy that made Five Star Stories, co-designed Heavy Metal L-Gaim, and also designed a few Gundam suits, though most of them went uncredited.

Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 07:28:17 pm by Markpachi
#11  October 26, 2020, 01:11:27 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Made a Discord for easy access to model kit reference images. I've uploaded all my Five Star Stories pics in my hard drive, and will upload Gundam pics next. Feel free to hang out and use the server for your own leisure!

#12  October 26, 2020, 11:11:54 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Spoiler: RESURRECTION (click to see content)

So, like, anyone else here in the forum working on their GBWC entry? Or at least any model kit? lol

Currently working on mine; it's a Bandai RE/100 Jagd Doga, but I've customized it to be more reminiscent of Mamoru Nagano's mechanical aesthetics. He's the guy that made Five Star Stories, co-designed Heavy Metal L-Gaim, and also designed a few Gundam suits, though most of them went uncredited.
Cool!
#13  November 05, 2020, 10:34:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Not gundam but one of my latest pieces of work that im pretty appy with
https://imgur.com/a/pprGpf8

Hmm img tag hates me. Or imgur does which is also possible.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 10:40:12 am by Cyanide