YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734144 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2201  October 25, 2020, 06:14:00 pm
    • Brazil
I heard tons of people say characters like Dante has a high chance of getting in but I don't know... Not feeling it even though i'm a big fan of the DMC franchise and I would be pretty excited to see TWO of my favorite franchises (Sonic and DMC) in the same game, I'm just not feeling it. After Steve, I feel like anything is possible now. Hope i'm wrong.
Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:18:12 pm by Good_Wall533
#2202  October 25, 2020, 06:20:23 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I doubt anyone beyond Sony themselves has put a second thought to the game within the past 5 years.  But it would be quite amusing if a character transitioned from that game to Smash for the better.

Frankly, I still never GOT why BioShock was in PSASBR.  It was an Xbox exclusive for some time.  It had and has no special ties to the Playstation or Sony brand.  Smash at least evolved into an all-encompassing blanket for all video games of merit, for better or worse on the first-party side of development depending on the individual, it could viably get away with something weird like Master Chief in the game these days, but Sony's Smash clone was by all means intended and marketed as a gated off Sony party.  Even at the time when Smash was considered odd for Snake and Sonic, those have considerably more history with Nintendo than BioShock does with PlayStation.

But I suppose that's neither here nor there, just dust in the history books.
#2203  October 26, 2020, 03:40:12 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
The reason I know is because a Bioshock higher up supported PSASBR's devlopment with funding, that's only if I remember correctly though. I honestly would not scoff at anything from PSASBR getting in Ultimate and done ten times better.(?) Just preferably not Dante on my end. He was busted in MvC3 and Infinite...
#2204  October 27, 2020, 05:26:00 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Im still waiting for goku in smash why not steve from maincraft is in the game so anything is possible now maybe sakurai doesnt want to break servers twitter again.xD
#2205  October 27, 2020, 05:50:52 am
    • Brazil
Goku will never be a thing, and thank goodness for that.
#2206  October 27, 2020, 10:27:11 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
For me it's gonna be Haruhi Suzumiya.
Y'know? Just to celebrate her latest novel releasing in november of this year.
This is fate.
#2207  October 27, 2020, 12:08:35 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
For me, the next character will be The Undertaker to promote his 30-year long run anniversary special.
#2208  October 27, 2020, 12:18:02 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
For me, it's just gonna be Marilyn Manson.
Just to promote any album by him, ya know?

Don't think...obey
#2209  October 27, 2020, 04:00:22 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
For me, it's gonna be Joe Biden.
Because clearly he's gonna reach any length to promote his campaign in this country.
#2210  October 27, 2020, 05:56:26 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Another day, another extremely forced Smash meme.
#2211  October 27, 2020, 08:38:34 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
why not these 3 guys? they will have a new serie again next year :D a lot people grew up watching those crazy guys, yeah people are waiting for video games characters but who knows.xD

or these guys
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:48:13 pm by yaret
#2212  October 27, 2020, 10:18:35 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
You know the shitposting is getting out of hand when Doraemon guy is the one making the most sense.
#2213  October 28, 2020, 12:43:31 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, are we done with all this stupid shit?
#2214  October 28, 2020, 02:41:59 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I was hoping someone will ask that. The shitposting is getting really stupid here. So back to the topic, when do you think will be the next DLC fighter announcement? I'd say probably December/January.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2215  October 28, 2020, 03:40:42 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I predict that crash will be last to reveal
#2216  October 28, 2020, 04:07:48 pm
Late January to Early February is likely the next month when we will start to hear more news on DLC. 

I mentioned this before but February is Pokémon's 25th anniversary and it's guarenteed Smash will do some kind of promotion for it.  A likely feature is an Open Tourney similar to Mario's 35th and a Spirit Event for Snap but this is also a good chance for a Pokémon reveal to rep Galar.  If no Pokémon reveal happens on February then it's safe to assume it will not happen at all for the next slots.
#2217  October 28, 2020, 04:25:50 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Late January to Early February is likely the next month when we will start to hear more news on DLC. 

I mentioned this before but February is Pokémon's 25th anniversary and it's guarenteed Smash will do some kind of promotion for it.  A likely feature is an Open Tourney similar to Mario's 35th and a Spirit Event for Snap but this is also a good chance for a Pokémon reveal to rep Galar.  If no Pokémon reveal happens on February then it's safe to assume it will not happen at all for the next slots.

But WHICH Galar mon?  I'd be open to Toxtricity, Rillaboom, or Urshifu (insert too similar to Ryu arguments here).
#2218  October 28, 2020, 04:33:57 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Urshifu is probably the best bet(fighting type, 2 forms for costumes,etc)

Obstagoon is another good shout.

(Id love it of they said 'fuck it' and put Falinks in the game.)
#2219  October 28, 2020, 04:53:52 pm
Urshifu has two formes with two different fighting styles so it won't work out well.

Rillaboom has been getting some popularity and could work out a unique style with its drums.  The huge Smash poll at SourceGaming had Rillaboom as the leading choice for a Galar rep. 

Toxtricity was my number 1 pick but now it's barely getting talked about.  Shame.
#2220  October 28, 2020, 09:45:31 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Urshifu wouldn't work without some liberties taken, seeing the two forms is a one-or-the-other deal in the actual game, it's not something swappable.  It also has, like, no lasting presence outside the modicum of story.  Other Smash Pokemon are either icons intrinsic to the series, oft-repeat appearing monsters that are popular with the fanbase, noteworthy bosses, or all three.  Urshifu just kinda comes and goes, the old man Mustard has a greater impact and I'd already forgotten his name until I looked up the DLC info again.  Also, uh, Urshifu and all related content to it is strictly DLC, it would be quite strange for Smash to promote not SwSH themselves, but the DLC post-game pack specifically.  For example, Byleth's in Smash to promote Three Houses' DLC, but Byleth is a prominent character of the base game.  Ushifu would be like if they took someone from that Three Houses DLC over Byleth.  Or like if there was a push for gen 3 Pokemon representation and we got the Battle Frontier as a stage.

I'd so really, really wish it not to be Rillaboom.  Outside it just being another Donkey Kong but with his drums back, I do believe I prefer literally every other grass starter up to date than it.  I'd much much MUCH more prefer looking past sticking to current gen reps of the time and get Sceptile if they were looking for a grass starter to fill in.

Don't have much to say on Toxtricity other than it's a weird pokemon that likes to twist its nipples to attack and somehow despite Pokemon's bizarre creeping sexualization, it somehow doesn't play into this particular monster's fan base.  I dunno, I don't think this monster's hit Lucario fan base levels or will last as long as it to warrant being in, but I suppose out of the three options it would be the best pick to represent the region with its punk rock thing.
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:49:03 pm by Long John Killer