YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734413 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2221  October 28, 2020, 11:54:24 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I'd wish for Inteleon to be in smash
#2222  October 29, 2020, 12:24:30 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
nah, need a real fire emblem character: Hector.
#2223  October 29, 2020, 05:42:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Lately this has been making rounds, but a recent zoom call involving the future of Fortnite has an interesting last question whether Fortnite content will make it into Smash with the response being "no comment".  Similar situation with Travis Touchdown that had the same response with the end result of him being a Mii Costume.

Take it what you will.
#2224  October 29, 2020, 06:08:36 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
If Steve broke Twitter, Fortnite will... Pretty much do the same. Even a Jonesy Mii.
#2225  October 29, 2020, 11:47:27 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Not to be a downer, but having never played a Battle Royale game nevermind Fortnite itself and not seeing Fortnite in....geez, I guess last time I saw someone play it was maybe 2 years ago, what would a Fortnite character even bring to the table?  Their whole gameplay loop that I'm aware of is there's an initial map location drop, then it turns into competitive 3rd-person Borderlands with random gun loot drops from chests.  Which...yeah, I'd exceedingly prefer a Borderlands character to make use of that game mechanic than Fortnite, I don't think the "characters" of Fortnite even have established characteristics, which one would be hard pressed to say Borderlands is without.  Maybe they'd have a single life mechanic how they don't get additional stock but stat boosts as the match goes on and they continue surviving?

It also seems Fortnite has a bigger focus on being a crossover platform than an established IP itself, because other that knowing the name of the girl on the box, not even thanks to the game or its marketing but because Vinesauce of all things, I couldn't tell you a thing about her or the cast other than there's a banana man.  But I can tell you how needy the news was to shove down your throat that you need to play Fortnite to get exclusive Star Wars scenes the last movie was missing without their context, and Maxamillian Dood has filled me in now how it's now actually a Marvel IP and one of their alt. universes and has somehow replaced Marvel vs Capcom in promoting Marvel's cool characters alongside their MCU stuff.
#2226  October 29, 2020, 11:51:23 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I think you answered the appeal of Fortnite in Smash. If Fortnite "canonically replaces MvC". No small feat.

If it gets in, Smash becomes canon to Marvel in an alternate timeline on an alternate Earth in an alternate Big Bang by an alternate writer.
#2227  October 30, 2020, 12:17:22 am
    • Brazil
Maybe now Marvel will stop fucking with the development of the next MvC games (we still have rumors there is something being worked on). Also, I don't think Fortnite will get in, popular as it is, there is no real unique mechanics from Fortnite that could be added, even the building thing has been taken by Steve.
#2228  October 30, 2020, 12:24:02 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I only think it'll be a Mii costume.
#2229  October 30, 2020, 03:41:48 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
At this stage Fortnight isn't really a video game as much as it is a mass marketing platform where you pay for the privilege of being advertised to, but that's a whole other discussion.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if Fortnight makes it in or not. I don't think it's very likely, but then again with the exception of Byleth and maybe Min Min I wouldn't have thought that any of the DLC fighters would be very likely so what the fuck do I know.  Sakurai and his team managed to make Minecraft in Smash work fantastically well, so there's no reason to doubt they could make any character feel fun and well-designed.
#2230  November 01, 2020, 02:52:21 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA

As long they have unique tools to make them stand out better, even if some of their basic moves like tilts are similar or like other fighters. Fortnite might work but give the rep some tools other fighters haven't utilized yet as specials. I don't know anything about Fortnite but since Minecraft made it, anything's possible at this point, as long they originated as a video game.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:06:49 am by DarkWolf13
#2231  November 01, 2020, 12:14:21 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Steve with gun.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2232  November 02, 2020, 04:17:13 pm
    • Brazil
Honestly, the fact that Ruined King: A League of Legends Story will be released for Switch early next year makes my foolish heart hopeful for a LoL character in Smash.
#2233  November 02, 2020, 05:59:53 pm
I'll be surprised if we don't end up with any sort of League content in Smash.  At best, a Spirit Event to promote the Switch title.
#2234  November 02, 2020, 07:35:29 pm
    • Brazil
Don't you mean "at worst"?
#2235  November 02, 2020, 10:13:31 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
No, I'm pretty sure he wrote "at best". Just accept people are entitled to their own opinion lol.

Personally on the matter of League content in Smash I do not care too much. I think it could be fun if they got spirits for the promotion, and I would love a Jynx one, but I never really cared too much of the franchise so it's not something I crave.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#2236  November 02, 2020, 10:45:07 pm
    • Brazil
No, I'm pretty sure he wrote "at best". Just accept people are entitled to their own opinion lol.
Did I ask you anything? I don't think so. My question isn't disrespectful to his opinion, the way he talked about the situation made it sound like he expected even more League content than spirits, so him saying that is what he expects "at best" doesn't make much sense.
#2237  November 03, 2020, 12:54:50 am
The actual worst outcome is buying the Switch title to unlock the Spirits and that's just ew. 

I wish for a Jinx Mii Gunner outfit with custom FX.
#2238  November 03, 2020, 01:45:36 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#2239  November 03, 2020, 04:31:17 pm
  • SNK is life
I'll just go out on a limb and say it - Macaulyn97 is the angriest edgelord in these forums, and it would be best to avoid him just out of principle of avoiding a bad time because who has time for that?
#2240  November 03, 2020, 07:25:22 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, angry edgelord because I'm talking specifically to someone thinking they made a mistake and someone else tries to play guardian of free speech as if I'm complaining. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension, it helps in forum discussions.