YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17394601 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2421  October 18, 2020, 07:28:57 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
That is true... intelligence is harder to pin down.

Another thing to add in for Talbain: His bloodline. His father is *supposedly* one of the higher ranking members in Makai itself. I think that will play a large role.

Sabrewulf is smart enough to use alchemy. Now, whether that skill is strong enough to withstand whatever power is in Talbain's blood remains to be seen.
#2422  October 26, 2020, 10:21:59 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
oh well, I wasn't looking forward to Red Vs Blue anyway

so
#2423  October 27, 2020, 03:54:28 am
    • Brazil
I highly doubt that anything from that old game they can tie into Sabrewulf.
I wouldn't be surprised. Most people don't know much about the series, but some characters are surprisingly overpowered, Morrigan being one example, having such god-like powers that her father had to split them in three when she was a child, for fear of her destroying herself and Makai, one third stayed with Morrigan, another stayed with her father and the last eventually became Lilith. As Morrigan grew older, her father's death returned part of her powers and Lilith returned to her, basically making her a goddess again. The only reason she doesn't act more like the Queen of Makai is because she really doesn't give a shit, she finds it all boring and prefers fighting and sex (apparently, the succubi from her family can replace sex with fighting as a means of feeding, obviously an excuse for her to not fuck anyone in a fighting game).

Anyway, I'd like to direct you guys to The Nostalgic Gamer's Darkstalkers Forever Project, a series of videos in which he talks about the games' history and the characters' canon lore.
#2424  October 28, 2020, 11:00:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Jon Arbuckle

#2425  November 01, 2020, 07:51:22 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Full episode's out.  Back to previously scheduled RvB next time.

Hm, I'd heard they had issues approaching this episode's fight from a friend that they were not going to go 2D because of the clashing sprites and 3D because of Jon's lack of model so expected they were doing another Samurai Jack vs Afro Samurai.  Ah well.
#2426  November 01, 2020, 09:06:51 pm
    • Brazil
Spoiler: Winner (click to see content)
Next time we get the Blue VS Red thing. Honestly... does anyone give a shit? Because they seem to be making a big deal out of this but I find myself completely unable to care.
#2427  November 01, 2020, 09:59:13 pm
    • USA
Red vs Blue was niche comedy from the get-go, funny as it was, and has only continued post-Monty Oum's death and 343's franchise takeover to dwindle in relevance as Halo in general has.  But it's not particularly surprising they're making a big deal out of this considering they're all one big happy family now over at Roster Teeth.

Myself, I stopped when the series supposedly stopped its semi-serious story with Church and the A.I. stuff.  And considering the hoops they had to jump through for last RvB Death Battle episode for Carolina to win against the one who effortless beat her and her superior simultaneously, I'm not particularly looking to getting back into it and seeing what they've done to the cast.
#2428  November 11, 2020, 10:26:15 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Scarlet

Azure

I've never seen RvB before, but is Blue team supposed to suck?  Like, is that the joke?  All they did in the promo was talk about how dumb, incompetent, and useless they are.   Even the one character they mentioned as being tough or capable in any way was couched with the fact that she's literally programmed for failure.
#2429  November 11, 2020, 10:41:47 pm
    • USA
They all suck.  That's the initial joke from the get-go of the series beginning.  They're multiplayer Spartans, but with the competence of the actual players of the game.  From that point they made their own lore and narrative that half-hijacks story bits from canon Halo and recontextualizes the clips to suit their needs or I guess, now since 343, just dances on the edge of being canon somehow.

Some wonky feats to tie calcs here.  No real reason to specify Tex can lift the Scorpion tank when they all can, hell Halo 3 tounge-in-cheek showcases the ridiculousness that they can lift an Elephant mobile armored base.  And if they're already taking from regular Halo lore, then one of the novels, think Cole Protocol (Haven't read them in, like, over a decade) has a member of Spartan Grey Team tear a Warthog jeep in half and use each end to smash Grunts like in one of the Hulk movies.  Tex alone being there should by and large mean Blue team wins unless they write her off because of that fate nonsense.  She already beat both teams by herself effortlessly sans Church, whom is on the same team in this DB case.

Caboose is also there, who is the idiot savant who survives everything that should kill him and he just has toonforce strength and durability at times, so all other things considered he'd probably be the last one left anyways.

...Also what the hell, WHY is there a cyclops in there?  Did they have another season that was entirely a dream like the Halo Reach period that was just all wiped away afterwords?
#2430  November 15, 2020, 11:58:05 pm
    • UK
Their calculations are horrendous, I'll say that.
#2431  November 16, 2020, 01:24:21 am
    • USA
More often than not, their actual math is correct.  An occasional slip-up like Captain Marvel vs Android 18, but when they're wrong, it's not the math per say. (Though Yang and Tifa gets, like, every part wrong so yeah, that one's due its criticism)  It's their variables and interpretation of the sources.  I'm still hung up on that Beerus vs Galaxia episode, because by and large the Sailor Moon verse is infinitely larger than the made up Dragon Ball one following certain limits, because the SM one is by and large based on ours as a supergalaxy going on forever with no limit with endless parallel alternative timelines and universes with their own timelines. (They very confusingly used this against SM because of the Dead Moon Circus always following the expanding edge as a traveling circus, therefor it had a mandatory limit smaller than Dragon Ball's????  This is ironically similar but in reverse to their Superman no-limits fallacy they had in another confusing DB episode of theirs where their variables just don't make sense)

I think the general takeaway is never buy into a Dragon Ball episode of Death Battle.  Even when they're right overall, it has some baffling choices.  At least Hercule was so incredibly down to earth compared to your usual cast member that was rather on the money.  To be fair though, Dragon Ball is a ridiculous series to make sense of mathmatically, Super has been absolutely NO help in that regard and I don't just mean in the power hikes everyone's taken.
#2432  November 16, 2020, 04:10:55 am
    • Brazil
They screwed up hard in Bayonetta VS Dante too, I don't know if things changed with Devil May Cry 5, but Dante wouldn't have beaten her whatsoever. Madama Butterfly's death in that episode was completely ridiculous and goes against what happens to any demon Bayonetta summons.
#2433  November 16, 2020, 05:14:03 am
    • USA
I can't vouch with much confidence one way or the other on that one because I've tried to play Bayonetta, like, three times and the game plays fine enough but I hate Bayonetta as a human being because she treats everyone around her, including her past child self, like trash and yet we're told we're supposed to adore her.  Dante I'm currently on a neverending playthrough of his first game, seems less of nuisance of a character, generally cheesy but endearingly so, but game's clunky as hell to get through.  Only thing I could contribute is that Bayonetta's Christian omnipotent God killing feat seems above Dante's general simpler Hell conquering, but Bayonetta's feat required specific circumstances not repeatable in a scenario outside the one given in her game and required outside help as well.

That said, the basic breakdown holds some merit to an outsider.  Dante's got that ridiculous biological-level regen, as long as there's some chunk of him left he'll come back, yeah?  Bayonetta's arsenal does not seem suited for the job of complete obliteration at the cellular level.
#2434  November 16, 2020, 06:17:48 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
As a personal fan of both games and both characters I can quite confidently say that while Bayonetta would be able to beat Kamiya's Dante quite handily, Dante even in 4 is a freak beast who quite literally is not endangered by anything in existence that doesn't share his blood

Dante in 5 is even further beyond that

He'd take his time with that fight though, they'd both be having fun
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2435  November 16, 2020, 07:29:23 pm
    • USA

And here's the full thing.

Like I said, unsurprising outcome, some wonky calcs mixing actual Halo lore with RvB's stuff they made up and some admissions to veer viewer's outlook on it.  Why say Tex just can beat the Reds when she makes chumps out of the entire cast of characters on both sides outside the Meta?  Why tack on that she needs help killing anyone when that's not been a thing?

Meh.  Don't see what this was gonna spoil about RvB: Zero anyways that they needed to push back the premiere date for.  Anyways, next episode is back to your usually scheduled Marvel vs D.C.
#2436  November 16, 2020, 07:59:35 pm
    • USA
What

They already did this fight with the men

There cannot be a difference in outcome with less training on both sides
This time
This time
#2437  November 16, 2020, 08:22:52 pm
    • USA
Is there anything post-Oracle and various D.C. reboots that Batgirl retains from her divergent lifestyle and training I guess as Oracle going back to Batgirl?  Or is that just all kept separate as essentially two different people?  I have not kept that much focus on the in-universe reasoning, but I know that D.C.'s basically merged their multiverse back enough times that multiple cast members retain some degree of alternative universe versions of them's knowledge.

Also Batman versus Spider-Man is old as hell and they've changed their rules a bit since then.  Back then they wouldn't allow something like Batman's Hellbat mech suit thingy but since then if they did a straight reevaluation of that fight they likely would.
#2438  November 16, 2020, 08:31:31 pm
    • USA
There's no difference, Barbara doesn't any different set of skills as Oracle than she does as Batgirl and never has

And Gwen Stacy doesn't have any different set of powers than Peter does since it is just a flipped origin, just less experience since she's not as far along in her timeline as him

But experience didn't win the last fight and even though they've vastly improved their research some things were plain even then

This time
This time
#2439  November 16, 2020, 08:55:37 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Since gwen is bitten by spider,that shouldd give her strength and durability if they scale her to peter  or miles,does batgirl have any superstrength feat that can let her keep up with gwen I wonder.
#2440  November 16, 2020, 09:11:38 pm
    • USA
Only thing I can offer there is if Death Battle wants to be consistent with its previous episodes that they claim that the average peak D.C. human is superhuman when compared to reality, likely in the Captain America range.  But Barbara isn't peak human so not much help determining how exactly much worse Batgirl is to Batman and how that compares to a real world peak human.  Either or, likely a great deal less than someone from the Spider Family.