YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247544 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#441  November 16, 2020, 03:46:57 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
honestly that sounds awesome, may not be what people were expecting but I bet it'll be great!
#442  November 16, 2020, 03:51:45 am
Honestly, considering the story for CVtW you were going for, OC final boss makes more sense to me than Sephiroth.

That being said is he russian or polish? 'cause if he is former, than as a native russian speaker I can barely understand him. Besides "Stanovitsya na koleni!" (which is wrong, by the way: it's "Stanovis' na koleni"), "Sphera", "Durak" and "Zabastovka (I think?)", I can't make sense of his lines.

Also, what stage is he going to use?
#443  November 16, 2020, 03:58:45 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Oh, Illian looks really cool.
I can’t wait to see what’s he’s like when he’s all finished up.

“His moveset has been finalized
unless you guys give me any good ideas or recommendations.”

Hm... Maybe something like a counter version of OmniShift
where he strikes a pose & then teleports behind the opponent if he’s hit?

Eh, i don’t know, that’s really all i got,
outside of maybe like an air command grab,
or like an air variant of Magnum Anvil or something.

By the way, what’s Illian’s backstory for Last Bout/CVTW?

I remember from the original Last Bout thread that
you said he’s a Russian arms dealer
who started (& entered) the Last Bout tournament
not only to find strong fighters for his army,
but also to prove to the world how strong he is.

Do i have that right?
#444  November 16, 2020, 04:42:06 am
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
I think Illian is a Russian name? Cause Illiana Rasputin is the sister of Colossus.

Either way I'm excited to hand out Eastern Block Beatdowns.
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#445  November 16, 2020, 03:30:01 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Xanderac

Thanks!

@GreenZed

He's Russian, and I'm the one voicing him currently and I'm def not a native speaker. I just put simple one or two word phrases into Google translate and listened to their pronunciation and emulated as best I could. I thought it might be difficult to find a native speaker to do his voice so I just kind of went for it. The ones you said you understood were supposed to be "Kneel," "Sphere," "Fool," and "Strike." Some of the other ones he's saying were what google gave me for "Perish" "Now die" "Reign" "Attack" "I am God" and "Take this." I tried not to go past one or two words so it would be as accurate as possible but I figured it would sound bad to someone who speaks the language. Not sure which stage he'll use, trying to find a cool one for him that matches the style.

@DauntlessMonk7

I was thinking about making Omnishift his UT, since that would limit it from being abused. I also coded a move using filler sprites that was like a downward knee attack that you did in the air, that functions like T. Hawk's aerial dive special, but never fully sprited it because it felt like overkill.

And yeah his backstory is this, copied from the Last Bout thread from many years ago:  "Illian would be the final boss of the game. He is a Russian political extremist who is amassing a personal army and plotting a coup. However, just after executing the initial stages of his plan, Illian delays things by allowing his pride and arrogance to take over, deciding to enter  the tournament to prove that he is the best fighter in the world." For CvTW I assume he's just been transported to the fight planet like everyone else, but he's been wreaking more havoc than the others and needs to be stopped or something.

@Chris AKA AfterImage

Indeed, and the old thread had a different last name (Orlov) but I changed it to Federov because it's cooler and according to Google it's derived from a word meaning "God's gift." I'm glad you're excited bro, I plan on giving him an individual release.

SPEAKING OF INDIVIDUAL RELEASES

It is very clear at this point this update won't be done in 2020, so I am going to be releasing stand alone versions of the new CvTW characters as I go, like I did with Mario. Next is Falcon and I will be releasing him this week sometime. Thanks for sticking with me folks!

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 03:35:29 pm by Sean Altly
#446  November 16, 2020, 04:28:28 pm
@GreenZed

He's Russian, and I'm the one voicing him currently and I'm def not a native speaker. I just put simple one or two word phrases into Google translate and listened to their pronunciation and emulated as best I could. I thought it might be difficult to find a native speaker to do his voice so I just kind of went for it. The ones you said you understood were supposed to be "Kneel," "Sphere," "Fool," and "Strike." Some of the other ones he's saying were what google gave me for "Perish" "Now die" "Reign" "Attack" "I am God" and "Take this." I tried not to go past one or two words so it would be as accurate as possible but I figured it would sound bad to someone who speaks the language. Not sure which stage he'll use, trying to find a cool one for him that matches the style.

"Kneel" would be "Stanovis na koleni/Становись на колени" or "Na koleni predo mnoi/На колени предо мной". Fool in russian (Durak) is male only, unlike it's english counterpart. Dura/Дура is female. I would suggest changing it to something else. Maybe Posmeshishe/Посмешище (You're a joke)? Strike is definitely not "Zabastovka/Забастовка", it's "Udar/Удар" (Google Translate done you dirty, it translated Strike not as a physical punch, but rather something like VA strike). "Perish" would be "Pogibni/Погибни" or "Sgin'/Сгинь". "Reign" is "Tsarstvie/Царствие". "Attack" would simply be "Ataka/Атака". "I am God" - "Ya - Bog/Я - Бог" or "Ya est' Bog/Я есть Бог". "Take this" is "Poluchai!/Получай!".

Also, it's probably doesn't really matter, but Illian is not a russian name. Not that I'm aware of, at least. You're probably thinking of Illya, which is also a SF3 Necro's actual name. But I guess Illian does sound russian-ish/slavic? I dunno.

So you've decided not to release this update in parts and moved it to 2021?
#447  November 16, 2020, 05:58:39 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I love that Illian gives off some serious (to me, at least) 90's X-Men vibes. The moveset is well rounded and I love the command grab with the "throwing out the trash" part to follow up with.

Looking forward to the progressions as they come. It's a fun ride!
#448  November 16, 2020, 08:14:04 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

@DauntlessMonk7

I was thinking about making Omnishift his UT, since that would limit it from being abused. I also coded a move using filler sprites that was like a downward knee attack that you did in the air, that functions like T. Hawk's aerial dive special, but never fully sprited it because it felt like overkill.

And yeah his backstory is this, copied from the Last Bout thread from many years ago: 
"Illian would be the final boss of the game. He is a Russian political extremist who is amassing a personal army and plotting a coup. However, just after executing the initial stages of his plan, Illian delays things by allowing his pride and arrogance to take over,
deciding to enter 
the tournament to prove that he is the best fighter in the world."
For CvTW I assume he's just been transported to the fight planet like everyone else,
but he's been wreaking more havoc than the others and needs to be stopped or something.

Ahh, i see now.
And Omnishift as the UT sounds pretty good.
I'll be sure to check out Falcon, as well.

#449  November 16, 2020, 10:18:01 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Honestly considering I enjoyed the original version of the game quite a bit, and I wasn't expecting any more expansion on this, the potential and return has been a real treat, I only look forward to the updates as they come, even if it'll go beyond this year, good luck man
#450  December 24, 2020, 10:59:10 am
Have some portraits!

Also a win pose!

So it's looking increasingly like I won't be able to get out the original intended update of 12 characters by the end of 2020, making the whole "Capcom vs The World '20" thing kind of obsolete. A user on Youtube insisted I release a partial update and I normally would be like nah don't tell me what to do, but I think it might actually be an okay idea to go ahead and release what's done. So here in the next week or two I'm going to put out an update that will include Fiona, Falcon, Guy, Akuma, Goku, Bloodtide and Kung Fu Man, along with a new stage (probably that Skyline stage). Sorry I'm not further into this update but I'm really swamped at work and have been having time management and motivation issues.

--------------------------------

Also, what's your guys' opinion on this, something I found on Youtube last week:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLsUm7QLhA[/youtube]
^^^NOT MY VIDEO OR UPDATE^^^

Looks like someone else has been working on a pretty substantial update to the game. This video was posted a month ago, and based on some of the stuff he says in the vid, maybe he doesn't know that I've been working on the game again? I mean he can do his own thing, I'm not complaining or trying to stop it because it looks pretty cool (aside from some clashing sprites IMHO), just looking for some thoughts on it.

Just a FYI, I see that guy released his update to your project with 54 characters if you were curious to check it out, see what he did and maybe pull a few for yours if you changed your mind. I haven’t downloaded it yet but I just  randomly cameacross his release video
#451  December 25, 2020, 06:45:23 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Oh yeah, thanks for letting me know, I am def gonna check it out.

-------------------------------------

It's really not bad, and the music choices are very nice, although I really hate the clashing sprite styles with some of the characters. That was one of my main goals with this game was to make sure the sprites looked as uniform as possible, at least by Capcom's own standards (using CVS, CPS2 and CPS3 sprites with scaling). However, I think I may still contact him about using his versions of Jedah, Jotaru and maybe even Terry since they seem pretty solid for the system and I don't see a point in doing a bunch of the same work if I don't need to.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:12:27 pm by Sean Altly
#452  January 02, 2021, 09:25:21 pm
I downloaded it yesterday. I liked his takes on Mewtwo and Phoenix Wright as well
#453  January 02, 2021, 09:41:02 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I downloaded it yesterday. I liked his takes on Mewtwo and Phoenix Wright as well

I can't lie in saying I'm a bit interested in checking this version out. Can you point me in its direction or drop me a link?
#454  January 02, 2021, 10:40:53 pm