YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734666 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2281  December 11, 2020, 03:55:24 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Wow, I can't believe it.  Vergil got in.  And after Dante finished the last pack, too.
#2282  December 11, 2020, 03:52:39 pm
Well, now that Sephiroth is in. It's obviously that a Geno Mii costume will be returned and finally some spirits from Final Fantasy VII. Also, to point out that a costume of Tifa and/or Barret will be as Mii costume.
#2283  December 11, 2020, 04:05:10 pm
    • USA
Actuallly, that brings up an excellent point.  The original FFVII polygonal models would make splendid deluxe Mii costumes, and if that is the case they are doing something for the rest of the Avalanche gang I'd hope that's the route they go.  Because ultimately it'll fit better than any sort of update they try to give them to match the Mii models better.
#2284  December 11, 2020, 05:03:27 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i'm hoping they brought back the chocobro hat
#2285  December 11, 2020, 05:20:49 pm
#2286  December 11, 2020, 06:44:40 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I seriously cannot believe they added Sephirot.
I'm in a loss of words.
Now if only they upgrade Cloud's character spirits with an actually original FF7 render.
Also I want more songs from FF to be in Ultimate.
2 midi songs are so boring.
This is fate.
Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:12:59 pm by Mysticus
#2287  December 12, 2020, 12:02:21 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If we actually get more than the Advent Children arrangement of One-Winged Angel that the trailer used and Squenix actually lets him have his pick of music, then J-E-N-O-V-A or Birth of a God would be appropriate picks.  Maybe even Those Chosen by the Planet, considering that's his actual theme.

Personally, I'm hoping he somehow managed to get the Lil' Stamp theme song from FFVIIR.
Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:05:35 am by Person Man
#2288  December 13, 2020, 02:18:23 am
    • Argentina
If we actually get more than the Advent Children arrangement of One-Winged Angel that the trailer used and Squenix actually lets him have his pick of music, then J-E-N-O-V-A or Birth of a God would be appropriate picks.  Maybe even Those Chosen by the Planet, considering that's his actual theme.

Personally, I'm hoping he somehow managed to get the Lil' Stamp theme song from FFVIIR.
and talking about Advent Children
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2289  December 15, 2020, 12:50:46 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm hoping they'll finally add the Bombing Mission theme to Smash. Sephiroth's addition really shocked the life out of me. I was not expecting this at all. Of course there's gonna be angry Smash fans due to the fact Sephiroth is yet another sword-wielding fighter coming to Smash Bros.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2290  December 15, 2020, 01:12:17 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I'm hoping they'll finally add the Bombing Mission theme to Smash. Sephiroth's addition really shocked the life out of me. I was not expecting this at all. Of course there's gonna be angry Smash fans due to the fact Sephiroth is yet another sword-wielding fighter coming to Smash Bros.

A lot of the characters people are asking for are sword-boys anyways. Dante and Sora are both sword boys at the end of the day. By this point I think everyone is just sword-boy tsundere lol
#2291  December 17, 2020, 11:41:22 pm
    • USA
Ripperoni to Geno, once and for all.  They didn't even upgrade him to a deluxe costume like Sans.  The Barret, Tifa, and Aerith Miis are a nice addition, though. 

The FFVII music selection is looking very nice, in that FFVII actually has a music selection now.  Wasn't expecting Cosmo Canyon at all, much less a new arrangement, but I'll happily take it.
#2292  December 17, 2020, 11:44:48 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
they got some advent children tracks as well especially my favorite version of one winged angel
#2293  December 18, 2020, 12:02:16 am
    • USA
I knew deep down Geno would be another mii costume. He's not even deluxe, goddamn. That stings.

As hype as I am for Sephiroth I must say I really don't care for Final Fantasy, so I skipped this presentation and just waited for the Mii costumes.

But the Geno sting is just so disappointing. One by one, all the characters I want are getting deconfirmed, and none of these other characters have been able to make up for it. I still love Smash but Ultimate has been both a blessed game and a cursed game for me. Christ.
#2294  December 18, 2020, 12:10:08 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Sakurai gleefully shouting "Hell's Gate" over and over again was not what I was expecting from him.
#2295  December 18, 2020, 12:13:35 am
    • USA
Ah well to the Mii costume idea.  It was a nice idea for almost a week.  The actual ones aren't "bad", just the Virtua Fighter treatment would have been a lot cooler.

Guess it's gonna be fun for a while finding the limit of what counts as a "strong hit" per Sephiroth's counter.  Funny, I was joking at announcement how his final smash would have to be Super Nova, and they'd force everyone to wait 2 minutes per use.  I didn't think they'd actually do it replicating the FFVII version on, like, x20 fast-forward speed for real though, I thought they'd just, like, do their own version of what Dissidia was doing.  Since they were borrowing from them anyways.  Seeing what they went with gave me a good laugh for a bit.
#2296  December 18, 2020, 01:29:09 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Honestly the worst news to come out of this stream is that All-Star Boss Rush is restricted only to Sephiroth's Classic Route WHY

Also the moment when Sakurai suddenly spoke in Frame Data language before snapping back to reality was funny.
#2297  December 18, 2020, 05:17:09 am
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
Honestly the worst news to come out of this stream is that All-Star Boss Rush is restricted only to Sephiroth's Classic Route WHY

If I had to request one other feature, It would definelty be the having the option to have Classic mode being randomized instead of fighting the fixed/set opponents depending on who you play as. Of course the randomizer being Master and Crazy Hand always being the final boss for every character.
#2298  December 19, 2020, 05:06:52 pm
    • USA
They let Yoko Shimamura do the remix for Cosmo Canyon and HOOOOOOOOLY shit is it incredible.

#2299  December 20, 2020, 12:14:02 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Looks like the issues between Nintendo and Square Enix is pretty much over... I mean, getting Sephiroth is big enough. But to add Mii costumes for three of the other heroes, a Mii costume for Geno (Hey, you guys recognize that Super Mario RPG exists), quintupling the music from VII and being able to unlock him AND his stage early.

Sakurai and his team have gone above the call of duty here.
#2300  December 20, 2020, 12:20:10 am
    • USA
Looks like the issues between Nintendo and Square Enix is pretty much over... I mean, getting Sephiroth is big enough. But to add Mii costumes for three of the other heroes, a Mii costume for Geno (Hey, you guys recognize that Super Mario RPG exists), quintupling the music from VII and being able to unlock him AND his stage early.

Sakurai and his team have gone above the call of duty here.

Well, the Geno Mii costume was from Smash 4 so it returning makes a lot of sense. Additionally Sakurai mentioned that a lot of the music issues involve multiple copyright holders for pieces, I believe. Stuff like that is apparently difficult to sort out so they did the best they could here.

While I do commend the team for their hard work... I'm not convinced that Square is any less stingy yet.