YesNoOk

Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR (Read 44951 times)

Started by Blue_blood, December 25, 2020, 10:50:33 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

What design do you prefer to be the new official default pal? (Check page 3)

Current one with fishnet stockings
2 (33.3%)
New one with fishnet stocking showing part of the thighs
0 (0%)
New one with fishnet stocking showing part of the thighs plus garter belt a (extra black line where fishnet stockings end)
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR
#1  December 25, 2020, 10:50:33 pm
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
Hi again, MUGEN children.

UPDATE July 7th, 2021:

Here is available the latest version of "Style/Side A" of AOI KUSANAGI:

VIDEO DEMO:

Download (Mega):
https://mega.nz/file/j5ETjCDS#JxtnZdCTIb_BYdZI3-vocC8kXMNgdIL_3PDY5yhW7QA

**What's new?**

* Buffering system
* New moves
* Command List inb game
* New avatars
* New Sprites

***ORIGINAL THREAD DEC 2020***

In partnership with Kusaa Ist as main coder, I'm pleased to finally give you AOI KUSANAGI MUGEN CHAR:

https://mega.nz/file/qxEQRbQZ#8nnoFzvDq5ajQbwzX4RCLdYIl_sH4g8xxV7mJ67Tmxs

Here a little VIDEO exhibition:

It's been hard and long to complete her but I'm fairly satisfied with the result.

We sincerely hope you enjoy playing with this girl and in case you find any problem/bug we would appreciate you report it to kusaakusaa@gmail.com. You can also find him at discord as KusaaIst#6784.  Or you can text me by PM here or to my DA account: https://www.deviantart.com/blueblood2

Merry Xmas!

Check my DeviantArt for more amazing spriting stuff!
https://www.deviantart.com/blueblood2/gallery
Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:03:09 pm by Blue_blood
Re: Aoi Kusanagi MUGEN CHAR
#2  December 25, 2020, 11:04:54 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
The Mugen community hasn't had a Christmas as good as this for many years, thanks for the release, hermano!
#3  December 25, 2020, 11:14:18 pm
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. But I'm a "hermana" actually! ^.~
Obrigado! Fico feliz que você gostou. Embora eu seja uma irmã (Eu seja menina) ^.~
#4  December 25, 2020, 11:24:00 pm
  • Ryoga
    • Brazil
    • www.vgbr.com/forum
Good char dude. This char is good and awesome!

Thanks for share the download link.
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work (click to see content)
#5  December 25, 2020, 11:28:18 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wohoo! Finally! After chacking these sprites for so many years,
they have a chance to be used in a great character.

Seems like both of you did an incredible job!!
Thanks for this awesome Xmas release.

Merry Christmas!

Edit : I sometime feel a bit sad that not much more of your sprite work can have an existance as mugen characters.
What you did in the past was great, and this one is even better.
#6  December 25, 2020, 11:30:20 pm
  • SUPREMO MASTER
Gran trabajo de parte de los dos  Blue Blood y Kusaa ist.
Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:39:18 am by shammahomega1

m2m

#7  December 25, 2020, 11:36:53 pm
Merry Xmas and congratualtions on completing her.
Here's a TOD combo I did with her as a present. https://streamable.com/yomhvp
She's pretty neat to play I must say.
#8  December 25, 2020, 11:53:54 pm
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
Edit : I sometime feel a bit sad that not much more of your sprite work can have an existance as mugen characters.

Nedflandeurse, Maybe you think I got more work than I actually have. Both Luise and Yuki chars used most of my work. For Luise I remade a couple of anims after the last "official" release for my gallery, that's truth but I'm happy anyway.
Just for curiosity, What material exactly are you talking about? What of my sprite work didn't end in mugen chars after all?

Anyway, thanks for the post. I really appreciate your words!

#9  December 25, 2020, 11:55:10 pm
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
#10  December 26, 2020, 12:04:51 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Nedflandeurse, Maybe you think I got more work than I actually have. Both Luise and Yuki chars used most of my work. For Luise I remade a couple of anims after the last "official" release for my gallery, that's truth but I'm happy anyway.
Just for curiosity, What material exactly are you talking about? What of my sprite work didn't end in mugen chars after all?

Anyway, thanks for the post. I really appreciate your words!

About Material, I had some other edits in my mind, not sure, perhaps it's just some of you commission works.
I just had the feeling some of them could be more than just single sprites.
But this is a lot of work.

Time to Try Aoi! ^^
#11  December 26, 2020, 12:18:57 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
I already tested Aoi, and I have a few things to say.

- It's quite an unwritten rule, but it would be appreciated if you can give a movelist document for us to know what are Aoi's specials, Supers and commands. I had to literally guess which were her commands.

- I'd recommend making the cancel window on her normal > command normals > Specials > Supers a bit more lenient. It's hard to combo with such tight windows.

- Speaking of command inputs, they for the most part feel too rigid, as in, even if you input them, they may not come. So, I suggest you make the command inputs a bit more flexible in its timing. Since KOF is old school, you won't have problems with accidental TK's.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#12  December 26, 2020, 12:35:00 am
    • Argentina

- It's quite an unwritten rule, but it would be appreciated if you can give a movelist document for us to know what are Aoi's specials, Supers and commands. I had to literally guess which were her commands.

- I'd recommend making the cancel window on her normal > command normals > Specials > Supers a bit more lenient. It's hard to combo with such tight windows.

- Speaking of command inputs, they for the most part feel too rigid, as in, even if you input them, they may not come. So, I suggest you make the command inputs a bit more flexible in its timing. Since KOF is old school, you won't have problems with accidental TK's.

-yup! when i update the character i will make sure to provide a command list. Honestly,
I didn ´t give much importance to command buffer system since in normal mugen there are too many rigid chars.
I invite you to send me a PM if you want a specific change or if you have more suggestions. thanks for the feedback! and sorry for my english xp
#13  December 26, 2020, 01:54:10 am
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina

I absolutely agree. I may help with that.

And the other feedback was already taken by my partner. Thanks.
#14  December 26, 2020, 03:48:22 am
  • I must continue my training...
I see we getting our Christmas gifts on mugen, too. Imma test this next week after Christmas break.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#15  December 26, 2020, 04:00:11 am
  • Sprites Edits - Panda neko lol nya!
    • baojj.free.fr/index.htm
Nice job congratulations!
sprite very good, i like!
#16  December 26, 2020, 04:21:13 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Time to test!!!
Gracias for the gift and Merry Xmas Blue Blood! :)
#17  December 27, 2020, 02:48:36 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Happy release! I've tried out Aoi and she is very fun to use. The sprite work is top notch and I like how the moveset has been implemented.  :D

I have a little bit of feedback:

- There appears to be a debug flood involving "target" and helper(1005). I haven't looked at her code but if I had to guess, I believe both issues would be found in the cornerpush segment of the code.
-There does not appear to be palfx on any of her fire attacks. Additionally, if she is hit by another character who has moves with palfx, she only flashes with the palfx momentarily.

I am also very curious as to why custom hit states are used for what seems to be all of her attacks. Did you find a bug or more strange behaviour within mugen's common states?
#18  December 27, 2020, 03:16:49 pm
    • dsarena.free.fr
Very nice release, congratulations to both of you.

Here are the things I have noticed so far:
- HSDM: green background effect interaction with WinKO effect gives a weird effect when opponent got killed by the very first hits. Maybe you should update them by adding the parameter kill = 0
- Run: able to roll / CD while holding down. Command moves / normal moves should be triggered instead
- Constants: head.pos Y slightly off (~ -10 pixels)
- Neutral jumps: do not play the good sound (regular jump) if down is briefly pressed before
- Debug messages flood (already mentioned by KoopaKoot)
- Throw escape: freezes some opponents, it happened against KoopaKoot's Takuma
#19  December 27, 2020, 03:48:10 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

#20  December 27, 2020, 09:37:06 pm
  • Simply BLUE
    • Argentina
Trust me when I say I love the feedback. So let's reply:

Nice job congratulations!
sprite very good, i like!
Thank you very much. Nice you liked the sprite work. I hope you also enjoyed the gameplay as well.

Time to test!!!
Gracias for the gift and Merry Xmas Blue Blood! :)
You're welcome. I'm waiting for my milk and my cookies ^0^

Happy release! I've tried out Aoi and she is very fun to use. The sprite work is top notch and I like how the moveset has been implemented.  :D

I have a little bit of feedback:

- There appears to be a debug flood involving "target" and helper(1005). I haven't looked at her code but if I had to guess, I believe both issues would be found in the cornerpush segment of the code.
-There does not appear to be palfx on any of her fire attacks. Additionally, if she is hit by another character who has moves with palfx, she only flashes with the palfx momentarily.

I am also very curious as to why custom hit states are used for what seems to be all of her attacks. Did you find a bug or more strange behaviour within mugen's common states?

Thanks! I'm not sure if it's top notch but I did by best and I'm very satisfied with the result. It's the most consistent char I made as far.
Regarding the "technical" issues Kusaa Ist will be replying, and if not, I'm absosutely sure he will work hard to improve or fix them. We're not launching a revision of char right away but hopefully we will during Jan or Feb I hope.

Very nice release, congratulations to both of you.

Here are the things I have noticed so far:
- HSDM: green background effect interaction with WinKO effect gives a weird effect when opponent got killed by the very first hits. Maybe you should update them by adding the parameter kill = 0
- Run: able to roll / CD while holding down. Command moves / normal moves should be triggered instead
- Constants: head.pos Y slightly off (~ -10 pixels)
- Neutral jumps: do not play the good sound (regular jump) if down is briefly pressed before
- Debug messages flood (already mentioned by KoopaKoot)
- Throw escape: freezes some opponents, it happened against KoopaKoot's Takuma

Alright, more work for my partner. Thank you very much for the feedback!!! And I say for him because I frankly dunno programming not because it's not important.

https://streamable.com/9s6w0j
this happens when you chain her air fireball into her light normals

this is a dope creation btw, great work!

Wow! That's what we call "afanoso" here (kinda "cheater" or "freeloader"). Thanks for showing it to us to fix it