YesNoOk

Zero from Megaman Zero MVC Style by Kenshiro99 (Read 32285 times)

Started by kenshiro99, January 03, 2021, 10:40:27 pm
Share this topic:
Zero from Megaman Zero MVC Style by Kenshiro99
#1  January 03, 2021, 10:40:27 pm
    • Brazil

Zero from the Snk vs Capcom game done in the MVC style with updated sprites to approximate Capcom's classic sprite style.

I don't know the MegaMan Zero series very well, but as soon as I saw the sprites made for SNK vs Capcom, I became very interested in transforming their gameplay into the style I like best, the MVC style.

However, the SNK sprites did not match the rest of the MVC franchise chars, so I was willing to update them and get closer to Capcom's style.

I really liked the result and I hope you like it too.

=====================
   ** MOVELIST **
=====================
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/spoiler]

===============
 ** MORE IMAGES **
===============

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Don't forget to leave your FeedBack and thank you very much for playing with it.

VIDEO MADE BY 【MFG】gui0007

=============
 ** DOWNLOAD **
=============

Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 04:26:35 am by kenshiro99
Re: Zero from Megaman Zero MVC Style by Kenshiro99
#2  January 03, 2021, 11:01:23 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
The hyper port and background seems to be misaligned as there was a black bar halfway across the screen during hypers. Also, Split Heavens caused my game to crash midway through the move.

But other than that damn this guy is fun so far.
#3  January 04, 2021, 12:12:48 am
  • Ryoga
    • Brazil
    • www.vgbr.com/forum
I liked a lot. Good work dude!
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work (click to see content)
#4  January 04, 2021, 02:11:56 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I'm with 087-B with everything they said except it was Z-Saber Slash that crashed mine. Not sure what caused it but from what I did play, he's very solid otherwise and super damn fun. The only thing I feel should be fixed is that Shield Boomerang should also block projectiles as well, much like it does in the Mega Man Zero games as well as SvC: Chaos.
#5  January 04, 2021, 02:28:34 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I'm with 087-B with everything they said except it was Z-Saber Slash that crashed mine. Not sure what caused it but from what I did play, he's very solid otherwise and super damn fun. The only thing I feel should be fixed is that Shield Boomerang should also block projectiles as well, much like it does in the Mega Man Zero games as well as SvC: Chaos.

Going back to replicate it, yeah it was Z-Saber Slash that crashed me, not Split Heavens. I was dumb and thought I did another command lol
#6  January 04, 2021, 02:47:03 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Got some quick Feedback for ya while testing:

- Zero remains stuck and undamageable after using Dark Hold.
and just like 087-B said both his hyper portrait and hyper BG, including his lvl 3 one are misaligned.

Fixing:
the y axis for the portrait should be 1 to -30
and y axis for his hyper bg's should be down by 158 to 90

In other words, Zero looks awfully cute with capcom styled sprites. I love it!
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#7  January 04, 2021, 04:24:58 am
    • Brazil
Thank you all for the feedback.

The BGMs were misaligned because I use a different configuration on my mugen, so I did not use the standard measures, sorry.
The char has been updated and I believe it is now aligned, as well as the LV3 bug.

SHield Boomerang blocks projectiles, as long as the projectiles have a blue collision box.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the mugen breaks with some, can someone help me with that?

Please download the char again from the same link above.
#8  January 04, 2021, 07:21:38 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Playing on Mugen 1.0, and it just shuts down before Zero performs his 3rd saber slash attack from QCF+p.

BTW is the voice original? I don't recognize it, though I have not played many current fighting games lately. But I assumed it was since MegaMan Zero design had not appeared in any fighting games passed SvC Chaos TMK. The company went back to X Zero design. Though ncie work on the sprites.

I could suggest separating the green saber sprite, and re-attaching it during game, and applying special effects (like transparency, as how it looks on official artwork, and/or afterimages, etc) to it, but that's prob more work.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 07:36:43 am by Sheng Long
#9  January 04, 2021, 11:39:36 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-If you perform any action such as moving left/right, crouch or attack after he touches the ground from a jump, the landing sound effect will not play.
-The hitspark and guard spark of his jumping HP is misaligned.
-Only the LP Shield Boomerang blocks projectiles (Making the MP and HP versions useless as they can't block anything).
-The gray hold effect on Dark Hold does not stay in place on the opponent and moves when Zero does.
-He has a lack of voice clips as he doesn't say anything on his intros, taunt, throw and hypers (Only his basic attacks have voices).
-Not sure if it has anything to do with the client breaking, but the I turned debug on to see and it kept saying the character "State 3000: has no Helper 3000."

That's all for now. Will report if I find more.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  January 04, 2021, 02:00:35 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#11  January 05, 2021, 02:13:12 am
    • Brazil
Thank you all for the feedback
The voice is from Zero, but his version in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, which is in English.

*Sound in landing fixed
*Shield Boomerand projectile block fixed
*I modified the code in AIR . of the 3rd Z-Saber attack, it might solve some people's mugen crash (Thanks Vocalnoid)

#12  January 05, 2021, 02:24:54 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
welcome back kenshiro99

it's been too long since we've last saw your release
#13  January 05, 2021, 03:54:24 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Great to see you in action with this one and the commisioned works my friend. :)

Will test him out and see all the fixes done. And Kenshiro, the MM Zero games are amazing!
#14  January 05, 2021, 05:30:34 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
It's... just... beautiful...

#15  January 05, 2021, 08:34:58 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
The voice is from Zero, but his version in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, which is in English.

Ah thanks for the info. Like I said I haven't played much recent/current gen fighting games. Good to know. :)

EDIT: Okay NOW it crashes during the super combo attack (Fwd, Down, Down/Fwd, 2P) AFTER you use the 3rd saber attack. did you change something there?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 08:40:26 am by Sheng Long
#16  January 05, 2021, 10:55:26 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Feedback on 2nd update:
-Landing sound effect still doesn't play (Keep holding up after jumping and you'll see the timing is off as it plays half a second after the effect appears)
-Nice you added more voices, but he still needs a few more (One for the taunt and the start up of Dark Hold).
-Dark Hold sprite is still misaligned when Zero moves right when it hits:

-About the hitspark and guard spark of his jumping HP being misaligned since you didn't change it, it's only when the opponent is hit on the ground in case you know why.
-It seems like the crashing still does happen, I got two of them when using Z-Saber Slash on the 2nd animation.
-Z-Saber Smash won't hit the opponent if used very close to the ground.
-It would be nice to be able to follow up Z-Saber Smash after Split Heavens.
-Z-Saber Slash 3 has no blue hit boxes after the first frame.

Also, not too important. But any plans to give him more hyper combos? I think the two supers he currently has isn't enough as I feel like you could squeeze two more such as Rekkoha and Sougenmu.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#17  January 05, 2021, 11:48:35 pm
  • Green Knight LVL 94
Seeing the Shield Boomerang in action makes we wonder... did you get that from N-Mario's old CVS Zero? And if you did, are you going to incorporate attacks from N-Mario's CVS style Zero like the Strike Chain too?

This Zero being completely different from the X series Zero is the best thing that could happen.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#18  January 06, 2021, 12:39:29 am
    • Brazil
Thank you all for the feedback
Responding to SolidZOne26:
- Honestly, I don't see any problems with the sound of the landing, as well as the lack of voices in taunt and dark hold (I left it on purpose and will keep it that way), so I didn't do anything about it. If someone wants to change or add sounds, feel free.
- In some cases, Dark Hold will be out of alignment because it depends on the position of the SFF which varies from char to char, which is with the 5011/10 sprite, some will be misaligned, others will not.
- The hitspark and guard spark of jumping HP are great for me, but I noticed that the jumping LP was really out of alignment, this was fixed, the jumping HP will be maintained.
- I think the mugen crash occurs due to some green hitboxes that were used, I made an adjustment in possible error spots and maybe it will solve it. Let me know if it occurs again.
- Z-Saber Smash fixed
- Z to know slash 3 OK

There are no plans for more Hyper combos, just those. There will be others in Omega Zero mode in the future.

#19  January 06, 2021, 12:52:16 am
    • Brazil
Great to see you in action with this one and the commisioned works my friend. :)

Will test him out and see all the fixes done. And Kenshiro, the MM Zero games are amazing!

Thanks friend, I want to see Zero in your videos hahaha
I really like the demonstrations you do

Thanks
#20  January 06, 2021, 12:53:42 am
    • Brazil
Seeing the Shield Boomerang in action makes we wonder... did you get that from N-Mario's old CVS Zero? And if you did, are you going to incorporate attacks from N-Mario's CVS style Zero like the Strike Chain too?

This Zero being completely different from the X series Zero is the best thing that could happen.

I didn't use anything from Zero from N-Mario, I just saw videos from the game MMZ and tried to play them