YesNoOk

The Mandalorian / Boba Fett (Read 14378 times)

Started by CpnCrossfader, January 05, 2021, 02:01:30 am
Share this topic:
The Mandalorian / Boba Fett
#1  January 05, 2021, 02:01:30 am
    • UK
Hi all! It's been a while...
Back with another original creation- The Mandalorian, (with alt palettes for Boba (including armour worn damage), Jango and Bo-Katan).
There is also a smart separating palette included in the folder in case anyone wants to try adding any colours of their own.

Lots of Star Wars references, including:

Jetpack jumps/throw (F + punch when close)
Beskar staff used for blocking and some attacks
Grogu force lift  = z+c  (requires 1000 power to use)
Shoot Blaster  = D, Db, B, a/b/c  also crouch b and air c
Fork gun electro prod  = c
Thermal Detonator  = a+b (hold to cook grenade before releasing)
Boba slow nod  (win pose)
mini bounty hologram of opponent (taunt)
Whistling bird homing mini rockets  = D, Db, B, x/y/z
Flamethrower  = D, Df, F, x/y/z
Freeze in carbonite  = D, Df, F, a/b/c (need 1000 power to use)
Back-mounted Rocket attack (x+y)

"This is the way."
DOWNLOAD

Thanks to:
Template spriting originally based on Loki by Arkady. Flame copied from SF2 Dhalsim. Whistling Bird rockets are modified from Iron Man missiles.

P.S. I'm feeling pretty burnt out after this, but please feel free to offer constructive feedback. Also, permission to edit/repalette/re-use any of my work however you like!

Edit: 5/1/2021- 2 frames' palette anomalies fixed (jump kick).
A bug has been reported during the Hologram taunt/intro. I'm unable to recreate this in my game so if anyone encounters it please share the specific circumstances- suspect it could be only against particular opponents. I've removed it as an intro just in case, but kept it as a taunt, so anyone encountering problems can get around using it.

I've now added the Back-mounted Rocket attack move (x+y), and set the child's helper to require 1 level.
Also, made the thermal detonator/rocket blast blockable if crouching.

19/1/2021- removed legacy Loki AI which was causing glitches, link updated
11/7/2021- finally got around to adding some AI.
Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:04:36 am by CpnCrossfader
Re: The Mandalorian / Boba Fett
#2  January 05, 2021, 02:36:24 pm
    • UK
In response to a now-deleted comment. Here is a video showcase!

#3  January 05, 2021, 03:23:42 pm
Thanks CPN :) your photos are uploaded on MediaFire and my work VPN kills Mediafire (with Fire)....i realised i had to kill the vpn to see the photos and that's why i deleted the comment.

Thank you again and have a nice day
#4  January 05, 2021, 04:13:56 pm
Looks interesting for sure! Gonna have to find that Star Wars stage from the second pic but I can tell I’m gonna probably adjust his size in my personal Mugen. I’ll download it later. Nice idea with the boba fett alternate
#5  January 05, 2021, 04:36:36 pm
    • UK
The stage is called "Ultimate Power in the Universe", I think. It's not one of my own.

Fair enough about the scaling; personal preference.
I read an interesting fact this week about Boba's size actually- They made the original armour props first, then cast an actor who would fit into it!  :mlol:
#6  January 10, 2021, 03:56:47 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
In good time another Star Sars char appeared, and it's Din Djarin (or someone from the Fett family). Nice work!

After playing for a while, notice that the A.I. has some problems. I think it happens when Mando executes the flight action and then its clones appear!?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  January 10, 2021, 08:05:45 pm
    • UK
Thanks for reporting the error, Matrero. I haven't noticed this problem yet.

Does this only happen with AI? Or also when player controlled?
I didn't build any AI at all (purely because I don't know how to do it). So any code in there would be left over from the original Loki template. I might go in and just remove it all.

But I'd definitely appreciate if anyone could advise on (or even wanted to create) AI for this character.
#8  January 19, 2021, 09:58:30 pm
    • UK
No news on this, so I have now removed all of the legacy Loki AI completely and updated the original link.
#9  July 11, 2021, 11:06:42 am
    • UK
Sorry to res this old thread but I'm just updating for anyone who has the old version, as I now added some AI to the original link.