YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1409510 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie
#2521  January 08, 2021, 08:30:46 pm
    • Brazil
Is it true that Wonder Woman sorta rapes a guy?
#2522  January 08, 2021, 11:44:07 pm
It's just as true that she herself is raped by the same definition. Kinda, but not really, but kinda.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2523  January 08, 2021, 11:52:21 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Is it true that Wonder Woman sorta rapes a guy?
Functionally speaking, yes.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So yeah, it's super fucked up and pretty gross. Also contributes to Wonder Woman again being portrayed as a stupid emotional baby who should really just listen to the big strong man she's obsessed with because she keeps ruining everything with her gosh darn emotions. It's really fucking awesome that this message appeared in both of these movies!
#2524  January 09, 2021, 02:40:50 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
It's just as true that she herself is raped by the same definition. Kinda, but not really, but kinda.

But Wonder Woman was the person initiating this and obviously consented. The only person who couldn't consent here was the original person.
#2525  January 09, 2021, 02:52:21 am
Sex with someone who is not who you think they are is legally rape (well, probably not everywhere, but it still is), so they're both victims - the guy isn't the one pretending to be Steve, sure, but there's still deception about his identity. And following that logic, Diana isn't the one doing the raping of the guy if she doesn't know it's not Steve ('s body). They're victims of the bad guy. When does she become aware it's not him ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:00:17 am by Byakko
#2526  January 09, 2021, 04:16:08 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Immediately.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2527  January 09, 2021, 06:05:22 am
Oh wow okay lol that's a big nope.
#2528  January 09, 2021, 09:07:25 am
    • Germany
Ok... another movie I can skip then, damn I was so hyped when I saw the trailer but after all I have read so far...

Damn -.-
#2529  January 09, 2021, 09:10:08 am
    • USA
I'll give them that, it was a really cool trailer! The music, the editing, it promised so much!

... which probably made the actual movie sting worse :foreveralone:
#2530  January 09, 2021, 09:57:54 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Would it have been better if they actually had Circe as the villain instead of an evil Dragonball?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#2531  January 09, 2021, 07:14:20 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

The movie's issues have nothing to do with the premise or the villains, in fact I dare say that the lion share of anything I actually like about it comes from Pedro Pascal

Circe, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, it does not matter if you've got problems at the script, direction and editing level

For example the movie has two opening action scenes, and the first one does nothing but remind you that Diana came from a mystical island and give a literal statement of the half-baked moral of the movie

It could be cut and nothing would be lost but 20 minutes off a bloated runtime
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:17:27 pm by Speedpreacher
#2532  January 10, 2021, 02:38:09 am
    • Brazil
Immediately.
Okay, so let me get this straight then: they made Wonder Woman, THE Wonder Woman, you know, one of the greatest superheroes of all time and the most iconic female superhero ever... a rapist. I hate all of this...
#2533  January 10, 2021, 04:01:16 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Not that I've seen this movie yet, but considering the DCEU's trend for being edgy, this is just par for the course.  Just disappointing to hear the first WW was their one-off good movie, second depending which side of the fence you sit on with Man of Steel and if you count inoffensively forgettable Shazam. (Besides that one Alien scene which is still literally the only part of the movie I can recall)

Going off Jmorphman's spoiler, I'd assume that the reason they went this way with the guy but the rules being different for other inanimate objects was probably explained at one point and left on the cutting room floor.  Being explained doesn't really solve the issue, though.  I suppose they should have had the two psyches fighting it out for control of the body so original dude can voice his opinion in on the matter, Bruce Banncer/Hulk style?  Or just have him be a voice inside Steve's head at the very least.  Minor change to solve a lot of issues.  It's magic, cursed monkey paw magic at that designed to have unforeseen consequences, that's about all the explanation you really need to make that fit into the story.
Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:04:19 am by Long John Killer
#2534  January 10, 2021, 04:08:05 am
    • Brazil
Honestly, they could have solved the issue by simply making WW unaware that it was another guy and then having it revealed to her later on as the "bad side" of the wish.
#2535  January 10, 2021, 05:03:38 am
    • USA
The movie definitely doesn't mean to imply what it implies, and I suspect they were going for a Big (as in the Tom Hanks movie) or Mannequin type of whimsical 80s fantasy romance thing, but it just doesn't work at all the way they thought it was going to.
#2536  January 11, 2021, 07:54:08 am
    • Mexico
Honestly the movie was great. Pascal killed it. Stole the show for me.
#2537  March 20, 2021, 04:20:43 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So hey.  Zack Snyder's Justice League is out now.  Anyone catch it?  Does anyone smile in it?

Or to put that in a less snide way, does it impress at all for someone who already doesn't like the DCEU's gloom and doom and general Snyder grittiness? I imagine it's if nothing else a more complete package than the 2017 movie, but I couldn't comment one way or another with firsthand knowledge; my interest was already evaporated with the first release and didn't see it back then.

I see general reviews are still cult-ish and tribal side versus side, calling for Whedon to be burned at the stake and whatnot or Snyder being a hack.  You know, fanboy reviews.  My take is everything surrounding the film sounds great, let a director fulfill his vision unclouded by corporate meddling, all profits go to suicide prevention, etc., all good things.  I just....abhor his direction and vision and it being the new public face of the company at large.
#2538  March 30, 2021, 07:47:02 pm
  • SNK is life
So hey.  Zack Snyder's Justice League is out now.  Anyone catch it?  Does anyone smile in it?

Or to put that in a less snide way, does it impress at all for someone who already doesn't like the DCEU's gloom and doom and general Snyder grittiness? I imagine it's if nothing else a more complete package than the 2017 movie, but I couldn't comment one way or another with firsthand knowledge; my interest was already evaporated with the first release and didn't see it back then.

I see general reviews are still cult-ish and tribal side versus side, calling for Whedon to be burned at the stake and whatnot or Snyder being a hack.  You know, fanboy reviews.  My take is everything surrounding the film sounds great, let a director fulfill his vision unclouded by corporate meddling, all profits go to suicide prevention, etc., all good things.  I just....abhor his direction and vision and it being the new public face of the company at large.
His version of JL is everything you've come to expect from Zack Snyder, which means if you don't like HIM and "his craft", you probably won't like this one. He indulges heavily in Slow Motion, and wants absolutely everything to look majestic and larger than life ... which, when you're green lit for a 4 hour cut, you can totally abuse.

In the end, it feels like a completely different movie than 2017's Josstice League, it's hella more fleshed out and satisfying, but it takes a very long time to get to the GOOD STUFFTM