YesNoOk

[NSFW] Kirakira (Released 01/16/2021, Updated 11/08) (Read 28258 times)

Started by MoloMowChow, January 17, 2021, 07:14:29 am
Share this topic:
[NSFW] Kirakira (Released 01/16/2021, Updated 11/08)
New #1  January 17, 2021, 07:14:29 am
    • molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Note: The character design is very fanservicey. Although there is no outright nudity, it shows a lot of skin.

Showcase video
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For M.U.G.E.N v1.1
Make sure the RenderMethod setting in mugen.cfg is set to OpenGL or the sprites won't show.

The newest version is always available at this webpage here:
https://molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen/other-dl

Kirakira is a port of a character from Alicesoft's recent RPG called Dohna Dohna. The game is set in a city controlled by a single powerful corporation that has become disrupted by the emergence of clans: gangs of ne'er-do-wells that perform various criminal acts.
Kirakira joined one such organization: Nayuta, to escape the monotony of life in the city. She wields a chainsaw and swings it everywhere in combat. Her gas mask is totally legit.

Note on Controls:
Unfortunately, since the character originally came from an RPG, she lacks any proper movement animations. As such, she doesn't walk back or forward like a normal fighting game character. She can only move via jumps or dashes forward/backward. This also means no crouching either.

This can make positioning difficult at times. To compensate, she has a strong moveset that allows her to attack while moving, and her hops forward/backward are mostly invulnerable (except grabs). She also has a spot dodge which can cancel into some of her other attacks.
For more details, check out the readme.

This character was originally made for the purpose of AI vs AI spectacle fights, and wasn't meant for human challenge.
But it is fully controllable, and nothing is stopping you from playing as or against this character.

Thanks for reading!
A website I use for keeping track of Mugen Content I uploaded:
https://molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 06:38:37 pm by MoloMowChow
Re: [NSFW] Kirakira (Released 01/16/2021)
#2  January 17, 2021, 10:34:35 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Not really my type of girl character, BUT.
I really like the idea to convert non-fighting game charcters like that into mugen.

It gives a fresh wave between very classic character, POTS-like, tons of anime fighting game charcters etc.

The graphics style looks pretty unique.
I'll try her later.

also, looks like there is many interesting possible characters in this game.
It can be interesting to see some others in the future.

Also, I'm cusrious to know about your sprite ripping method.
#3  January 17, 2021, 11:55:09 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Wow, KiraKira!? :O

Now that's such an amazing surprise and she looks dope! Time to test!
#4  January 18, 2021, 12:08:23 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
very impressive. great job! ima try her out
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#5  January 18, 2021, 01:17:48 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Somehow I have questionable reasons about how Sexy she looks with that gas mask on. o_O

alright with that aside I really love how she's able to move with just jumps and dodges like how Megaman bosses work, makes her more of a challenge/hard to get used to type character in that sort of way.

found a couple of bugs along the way, so here ya go...

- activating Overhead Chainsaw Swing precisely after Killer Peach will make her either float up or (rarely) down for a bit

- in debug she displays a remappal error saying not having a dest Pallette 1,4

-during certain intervals in battle KiraKiras air attacks against certain oppnents will cause them to either float up or liedown indefinitely making them unbeatable

You really do make such interesting characters dude, and you're getting better too! ;D
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#6  January 18, 2021, 05:59:31 am
  • 超高校級の「絶望」
  • “Just like a single bullet setting off a world war
    • Japan
    • gamersnatales.wordpress.com/
checked the character and wasn't bad (normally i expect the worse when it comes to other kind of games ported to mugen) the only dissapointing was that it isn't a NSFW char,she is always covered and never showed something ,i don't know if prudes are ruling or trying to change definition (happened in another site) but from what i know NSFW is something that shows either genitals or have something sexual but if is covered it isn't.
Well if you can do this there are other games which have better animations for example the game "ideology in friction" have some really good animations well almost anything made by oneone1 has good animations and potential to be ported to mugen
“Thousands of humans falling over like dominoes... ahhh... that sight was so beautiful! I thought my brain was gonna melt..!”
#7  January 18, 2021, 06:33:37 am
Thank you for the comments everyone. Also i just realized that I somehow forgot to set a forum icon...

found a couple of bugs along the way, so here ya go...
- activating Overhead Chainsaw Swing precisely after Killer Peach will make her either float up or (rarely) down for a bit

- in debug she displays a remappal error saying not having a dest Pallette 1,4

-during certain intervals in battle KiraKiras air attacks against certain oppnents will cause them to either float up or liedown indefinitely making them unbeatable
Thank you for the bug reports. I have patched the character to v1.02 and updated the download link, and also took the opportunity to apply a few of my own fixes. Patch notes at bottom of post. The remappal error was due to not having any actual palettes in her default selection palettes. I originally ignored them since I used RGBa sprites and those can't use palettes anyways. I have put dummy palettes in its place so the error shouldn't pop up anymore.

As for her air attacks causing weird effects on certain opponents, I have a suspicion that it's mainly her Killer Air Peach doing that. Some enemies have their own reactions/recoveries/special effects when they detect that they've hit the ground on a Hit state. A lot of characters like to get up or recover almost instantly with their own states, such as rolling. This probably conflicts with Killer Air Peach pushing them into the floor. I'll take a bit more testing with various characters to see if it's really the problem, and what I can do about this.

Also, I'm cusrious to know about your sprite ripping method.
It really depends on the game. Different games require different tools as they tend to store their asset files differently. The end result is just always PNGs I can use as sprites.

the only dissapointing was that it isn't a NSFW char,she is always covered and never showed something ,i don't know if prudes are ruling or trying to change definition (happened in another site) but from what i know NSFW is something that shows either genitals or have something sexual but if is covered it isn't.
Ah, I read the forums rules about risky characters, and they didn't mention if actual private parts/sexual content were required to be labelled NSFW, just "mild boobs and butts". So I added it anyways just to be safe. Sorry for disappointing you on that front.

v1.02 Patch Notes:
- Fixed using Overhead Saw after Killer Peach causing Kirakira to float
- Made chainsaw sounds stop when cancelling out of Killer ride
- Fixed remappal error console message
- Added missing landing dust effect from her intro
- Extended the duration of how long the Firecracker item image shows when taunting
- Nerfed Killer World, by halving the amount of passes allowed before failing (10 basically guranteed hits)
- Slightly nerfed power gain of Killer Pain
- Modified or added more info to readme file
Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 06:57:30 am by MoloMowChow
Re: [NSFW] Kirakira (Released 01/16/2021, Updated 01/18)
#8  January 18, 2021, 06:49:38 pm
  • I must continue my training...
This is a really cool char. Very unique. The zoom effect during moves is extra sweet.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#9  January 20, 2021, 04:39:31 am
    • Argentina
    • eze_vin@hotmail.com
    • www.grabisoftnet.com
I love how smooth she plays even with the walking limitation , its insane
#10  January 22, 2021, 01:49:45 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Simply amazing!
#11  January 26, 2021, 06:50:19 am
Simply amazing!

Thanks for the video. I actually noticed a bug in the video, so I pushed out an update with fixes and some added features:

v1.03b Patch Notes:
- Fixed Burst incorrectly always launching enemies towards the right
- Fixed Killer Pain and Killer-go-round causing crashes in Simul Mode when hitting two targets
    - Killer pain now only ever effects one enemy
- Added graphical player arrows for out of height bounds, and simul mode situations
- Sped up the Killer World cutscene a bit
- Slightly modified the frequency that "Hurt" voice lines play
- Renamed AIConfig.txt to Config.txt
- Implemented censored versions of special KO sprites (white ray of light variety), to be slightly more worthy of the NSFW tag
    - In addition to this, added a new setting in the Config.txt file to toggle special KO sprites on/off
    - Made special KO portraits horizontally flip properly when on P2
    - Note: If you previously downloaded the R18 patch before, it is necessary to redownload it for this update
- Added partner intro compatibility with other Dohna characters
- Shifted the .st categorization of some states
- Renamed some moves within the readme

Download link updated
Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:44:43 pm by MoloMowChow
Re: [NSFW] Kirakira (Released 01/16/2021, Updated 05/26)
#12  May 28, 2021, 04:13:34 am
Kirakira has been given a substantial update. This is to achieve parity with Kuma's release, fix a few bugs, and rebalance her moveset a bit.

v1.04 Patch Notes:

You may notice the hefty increase in her filesize compared to her last version. That was because I was originally using her as a test character for making Kuma's assist system, and as such she has all the sprites and code of Kuma's assists in her file too. I was originally planning to make it so that all Dohna characters would be able to use the same system to call other Dohna characters for joint attacks. However, the further I went along making it the more I realized how much work would need to be done to keep it updated for every character. In the end I decided to scrap the idea of making the assist system interchangeable with each character and keep it exclusive to Kuma. I thought it'd be a waste to scrap it on Kirakira though, so I kept it in as an optional toggle in Config.txt for the players to turn it on if they want to. It's set off by default.

The assist system was originally meant for Kuma, and was not balanced for Kirakira's use. There may be bugs or balance issues if you turn on the assists for Kirakira (such as being able to call herself for assists). Her AI uses the assists just fine regardless, if it's activated.

Download Link Updated
Re: [NSFW] Kirakira (Released 01/16/2021, Updated 11/08)
New #13  November 07, 2021, 06:32:05 pm
The Dohna characters, including Kirakira, have been given another substantial update. This update fixes quite a few bugs, and also adds a couple additional content to her moveset:

v1.05 Patch Notes:
Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 07:12:13 am by MoloMowChow