YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 743127 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#301  January 21, 2021, 02:04:43 am
I just realized that XIV Kyo had daddy's Tsumugari for his climax move and not the wall of flame or the nuke punch from the last few games. Considering they're reusing animations for XV, yet the trailer showed Kyo had the 00 punch (possibly the MAX move he had in XIV, the 99 double punch super into the 00 punch), maybe he doesn't have the Tsumugari again because... Saisyu's coming back and taking his super back ? Eh, it'll take a while before we know more about that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#302  January 21, 2021, 03:02:39 am
    • Argentina
New trailer
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#303  January 21, 2021, 03:09:33 am
    • Mexico
That trailer made the game look 10x better honestly
#304  January 21, 2021, 03:26:14 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Holy shit that trailer was miles better.
#305  January 21, 2021, 03:35:08 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
WAY better than Shun'ei's trailer. At least they show even Meiten's NeoMax.
And that stage looks cool. Looks like SNK at least still listening to feedbacks.
#306  January 21, 2021, 03:41:40 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
A really good sign for sure.

And it seems they're gonna showcase each team in order, which means next week will be either Tung or whoever replaces him. And honestly I'm eager for it just so it can put to rest those absurd theories that they'll team up with Chonrei or Jeff Bogard.
#307  January 21, 2021, 04:01:42 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#308  January 21, 2021, 12:58:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
New trailer
[youtube]https://youtu.be/L0vhm_jd804[/youtube]

OK! THIS IS a trailer.
We can actually see what happens, we can see combos, and the cuts are longer than 0.5 second.

I hope the next ones will be this way! So much better than the "please don't look at me" style of the previous one.
I have some big hopes for how will be this game in the release.

Meitenkun is definitely not my type of character, but I think he looks good.
His model is pretty OK, his style fits his "gimmick" etc.

OK, these 2 characters had their trailer, now we can start serious business (from my point of view)
Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 01:03:43 pm by Nedflandeurse
#309  January 21, 2021, 01:48:24 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Judging by the first two trailers, I think it's going to be based on each team and their members.

I think Shun'ei + Meitenkun + ??? and that ??? will be the next one I think.
#310  January 23, 2021, 01:27:34 pm
The trailer was better indeed. Now that this sleepyhead is been confirmed, I think the third might be Tung Fu or a new member in the hero group.

I wonder if the women group will be mixed again. I enjoy that Mai was with King and Alice. What other group do we want in this game?
#311  January 23, 2021, 02:56:59 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I don't know about Tung. The last game's ending is hinting at that he might know that his death is near, and that one of his students has to join. So, maybe it's Jeff Bogard, a lot of people seem to speculate on this.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#312  January 23, 2021, 03:20:59 pm
Tung is old and knows he'll die soon, so he might leave his spot to another guy who is already dead ?
If Tung must be replaced by a student, the first I'd see is Chonrei. But I still expect Tung to stay.
edit - I'm an idiot and forgot XIV just resurrected a bunch of people, I see now why some people are starting to talk about Jeff. I still don't expect him.

Saisyu's 98 team was Masters team IINM.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:47:00 pm by Byakko
#313  January 23, 2021, 03:22:17 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I don't know about Tung. The last game's ending is hinting at that he might know that his death is near, and that one of his students has to join. So, maybe it's Jeff Bogard, a lot of people seem to speculate on this.

Isn't this first team Team China? Shun'Ei and Meiten are chinese, and going by what has been disscussed in this thread, SNK is catering a lot to the chinese market, so, first team shown is China. Tung Fu is chinese, yes, but Jeff Bogard, IF he is in the game, he wouldn't be on this team, rather a Saisyu kinda team from the older games, can't remember what the team was called

#314  January 23, 2021, 04:11:10 pm

it's probably one of the twins.
#315  January 23, 2021, 04:57:09 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If, HUGE IF, Jeff Bogard is in the game in any manner, would be just on a cutscene. If SNK would want him to return they'd first need to set up his return, much like they did with Ash, something that hasn't happened.

I could see Mian taking Tung's spot on the team, should be easy to set this up and its likely that the Official Invitation team from XIV will disband anyway.
#316  January 23, 2021, 06:14:07 pm
I see more possibility for Tung. But Jeff Bogard... He's been a NPC for a long time. Sure, I would like to see Chun Li's father at some point, but it's just you can't bring dead characters alive unless they are good explained why they are.
#317  January 23, 2021, 06:29:37 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Jeff is dead, his soul did not seem to be inside Verse, and his return would have no build up if suddenly next week they were just like “Jeff is in the game”.

I hope he’s not in the game lol
#318  January 23, 2021, 06:49:14 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#319  January 23, 2021, 07:29:44 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Another new character would be a disaster for the story.

We still have Shun'ei's potential to be seen.
&
Kensou's dragon power(?) thingy still in mystery.
&
Ron, Duo Lon, Rin's Hizoku storyline still paused.

Either one of them needs to be finished first before any other new face comes into play especially if he/she is going to be added into Shun's team (AKA the new Chinese Hero team).

I remember when KOF sagas used to be simple and linear.
Not this messy...
#320  January 23, 2021, 08:12:07 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Jeff is dead, his soul did not seem to be inside Verse, and his return would have no build up if suddenly next week they were just like “Jeff is in the game”.

I hope he’s not in the game lol

Exactly.