YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734175 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2321  February 17, 2021, 12:16:42 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Like, seriously. Does anybody have asked for Sephiroth? No.

That's... incorrect lol

A lot of people predicted Sephiroth, I remember RogersBase did a video on his plausibility (I'm pretty sure it was him anyways). Plus plenty of folks love Final Fantasy VII so I'm sure there were people who both predicted him AND wanted him.
#2322  February 17, 2021, 12:31:50 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I bet it will be Batman.! or Goku.!

Give it a rest. Goku will never be in Smash.

after seeing a minecraft character in the game, so everything is possible

If they’re not a video game character then they’re not possible.

I bet there's gonna be some SEGA collaboration, for this next DLC spot.

So...

Kirito, from the famous Sword Art Online series, it will be :smug3:

or how about axel stone from streets of rage?

If it's someone from SEGA, it should be Tails or Eggman.

Those are pretty rich ideas. :)

But... sadly, they don't carry a sword. So they all out of Nintendo's radar :(
#2323  February 17, 2021, 12:34:24 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#2324  February 17, 2021, 12:44:39 am
    • USA
#2325  February 17, 2021, 01:39:14 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
People still thinking there is amy logic to which characters they pick?

Either way I don't think they will reveal the next character on this Direct, probably just show the next spirit event and give a date for the next reveal, and maybe drop a hint on who it will be.
#2326  February 17, 2021, 01:53:20 am
    • USA
People still thinking there is amy logic to which characters they pick?

Either way I don't think they will reveal the next character on this Direct, probably just show the next spirit event and give a date for the next reveal, and maybe drop a hint on who it will be.

The logic nowadays tends to be "it makes sense from a business perspective", that's the only pattern I can think of.

And I would say I believe that... but that calendar has me on the fence about what's gonna happen.
#2327  February 17, 2021, 02:09:18 am
    • Mexico
For all intents and purposes, Nintendo would've already disclosed if we weren't getting a character by now if that were the case, not to mention that spirit events are always announced via Twitter, never through directs. That said, they can always dance around that by putting the next character's model from behind, or by just doing the same shit as ARMs (not that I want either of those things to happen). I'd be more concerned about what happens after the direct. Tens months have more than enough room for a pair of info droughts, and it already happened three times: once after Joker, then another after Byleth and a third one with Min Min.
#2328  February 17, 2021, 02:39:52 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
As long as we're all speculating, I may as well throw the latest semi-plausible speculation out there.  A little while ago a post was unearthed from May 2019 that claimed to be the list of characters that Nintendo had approved as potential DLC.  It was understandably dismissed as total horseshit at the time, but it's come back into light recently because it's seemingly gotten everything right so far.

Spoiler: The list in question (click to see content)

It's worth pointing out that the original post was made on 5/31/19, when Joker was the only DLC fighter revealed, and it correctly predicted Hero (with both Erdrick and Luminary, no less), Banjo, Terry, Byleth, Steve, and Sephiroth.  The only omission is Min-Min, who we already know was a last minute addition after the pandemic forced them to change their development plans. 

As always, take everything with a huge grain of salt, but I will say that being able to correctly guess so many unlikely longshot characters to lend it some credence.  I'm hoping against hope that we'll actually see Porky in Smash, but Professor Layton wouldn't be too bad either.
#2329  February 17, 2021, 02:43:08 am
    • USA
Yikes... that list is a 50/50 of stuff I'd be very happy to see and stuff I'd be very unhappy to see lol

Fingers crossed that expectations are shattered.
#2330  February 17, 2021, 03:01:03 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Give me Axel or Klonoa and I'm good. Else, shatter my expectations cuz I barely have any. XD
WAIT, I take back my last statement. Either give a Streets of Rage or Sonic rep because BOTH series 30th anniversaries are coming. (Sonic in June, Streets of Rage in August)
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2331  February 17, 2021, 03:08:26 am
Why do I feel like Chun-li's inclusion in imminent?  It's like Cloud/Sephiroth.  Wherever Ryu goes, Chun-Li has to tag along for some reason.  Has there ever been a crossover or a collab where these two are not together?

Also it's worth pointing out a handful on that list are Mii Outfits.
Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 03:16:16 am by Kirishima
#2332  February 17, 2021, 03:20:23 am
    • Mexico
Ah, that old list. I'm rather conflicted about it. On one hand, it's truly possible that whoever posted that list made sure to snatch as many names as possible before, but on the other, would anyone fishing names go as far as looking into characters like Arthur while also omitting more popular guys like Dante? That's the part where things become more headscratching.

But now that the list was brought up, I wanna share some rumours. It's always good to have some food for thought before the next reveal.

Spoiler: Rumour one (click to see content)

Spoiler: Rumour two (click to see content)

Spoiler: Rumour three (click to see content)
#2333  February 17, 2021, 04:19:45 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Spoiler: The list in question (click to see content)

I wouldn't complain if they put chun-li into the roster but I know it will be Batman or some random character that anybody has been waiting for, but everybody will love anyway :D
Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 04:27:07 am by yaret
#2334  February 17, 2021, 04:57:30 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Are you serious right now? Batman or all people? Quit it already. Only those who originated in video games can be in Smash.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#2335  February 17, 2021, 05:16:52 am
    • USA
I wouldn't complain if they put chun-li into the roster but I know it will be Batman or some random character that anybody has been waiting for, but everybody will love anyway :D

I hope you're joking by this point lol
#2336  February 17, 2021, 05:46:19 am
    • Mexico
Why do I feel like Chun-li's inclusion in imminent?  It's like Cloud/Sephiroth.  Wherever Ryu goes, Chun-Li has to tag along for some reason.  Has there ever been a crossover or a collab where these two are not together?

Also it's worth pointing out a handful on that list are Mii Outfits.

Honestly I thought that Chun-Li would be a shoe-in for an Assist Trophy, but then they went with fucking Guile (most hilarious assist trophy btw).

Maybe her being in the DLC shortlist is the reason why.
#2337  February 17, 2021, 05:47:16 am
    • USA
The thing is... we'd have FOUR Capcom reps then, three of them from Street Fighter lol

Not that I'd be complaining, but damn, talk about some serious Capcom love.
#2338  February 17, 2021, 05:57:01 am
Chun-Li could work in Smash by incorporating EX-moves and basing her combos from the Versus series.  Final Smash can be Shichisei Senkukyaku.

But honestly, I rather have a Capcom rep that isn't from Street Fighter.  Chun-Li is better off as a Mii Outfit for Brawler.
#2339  February 17, 2021, 05:58:02 am
    • USA
If we DO get another Capcom rep, I'd hope it to be Phoenix Wright. Though, I'd also accept Monster Hunter. Maybe lol
#2340  February 17, 2021, 09:40:27 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
I am excited to see who it may be regardless of rumors and leaks. I will enjoy the direct The only one I didn't enjoy was Hero because I am not a Dragon Quest fan... But I hope we see Doomguy or Ryu Hayabusa both are good choices in my book.