YesNoOk

History Has Been Made Again ? (Read 17063 times)

Started by IKEISLEGEND, February 18, 2021, 07:11:50 am
Share this topic:
History Has Been Made Again ?
#1  February 18, 2021, 07:11:50 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
                   New beat em up streets of rage style system decoded for mugen

Recently Ive developed a new system that supports  beat em up style game play... Its in its very early stages, but I can say its very promising. Through this development, it makes beat em up mugen stages very usefully finally. Also other gameplay styles will be supported now like the Smash bros play style, real bout FF games and most of all side scrolling systems like Mega man, platform style play, and much more... Heres the video

HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:00:42 pm by IKEISLEGEND
Re: New Open bor Mod????
#2  February 18, 2021, 01:22:09 pm
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Are talking about makenKizuna encounter possible in Mugen? Really promissing...

#3  February 18, 2021, 02:44:52 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

MakenKizuna? What is it?
How Kizuna Encounter Maria is connected to that? I don't get it.

Recently Ive developed a new system that supports  beat em up style game play... Its in its very early stages, but I can say its very promising. Through this development, it makes beat em up mugen stages very usefully finally. Also other gameplay styles will be supported now like the Smash bros play style, real bout FF games and most of all side scrolling systems like Mega man, platform style play, and much more... Heres the video

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xwu1lcCjDJM[/youtube]

Looks nice.
Perhaps it's a chance for me to make my old fullgame mugen project compatible with new builds...
My main question would be, how do you manage to support 3D/Zaxis walk ? (dodging opponent, width of characters etc)
#4  February 18, 2021, 04:22:45 pm
    • USA

MakenKizuna? What is it?
How Kizuna Encounter Maria is connected to that? I don't get it.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xwu1lcCjDJM[/youtube]

Looks nice.
Perhaps it's a chance for me to make my old fullgame mugen project compatible with new builds...
My main question would be, how do you manage to support 3D/Zaxis walk ? (dodging opponent, width of characters etc)
The 3D Zaxis walk is there. Im simply using a var to detect the players X Y distance from each other. I am trying something new with the enemies not able to walk through objects from a certain range it may or may not stay
HIDDEN BOSS
#5  February 18, 2021, 04:25:17 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
this could be a game changer...expecially for story mode. congrads! im gonna keep my eye on this
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#6  February 18, 2021, 05:20:28 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
I had actually been contemplating something like this for a while now (having a "character" which serves as the physics engine and stage interaction), but complications prevented me from following through:
  • How would hit detection be dealt with when enemies are above/below the player character assuming that the CLSN1/CLSN2 hit boxes fully enclose body parts?
  • How would jumping be handled?
  • How would interaction with stage elements be handled?
#7  February 18, 2021, 05:41:30 pm
    • USA
I had actually been contemplating something like this for a while now (having a "character" which serves as the physics engine and stage interaction), but complications prevented me from following through:
  • How would hit detection be dealt with when enemies are above/below the player character assuming that the CLSN1/CLSN2 hit boxes fully enclose body parts?
  • How would jumping be handled?
  • How would interaction with stage elements be handled?

I answered that in previous comments but It can be done using vars to detect enemy's Position X and Position Y anywhere on the screen same for objects.. If you notice when Axel walks above the objects his sprite priority is drawn behind the object likewise in front as well. Stage interaction will be the same as classic beat em ups for now untill I come up with something more intresting

this could be a game changer...expecially for story mode. congrads! im gonna keep my eye on this

So much is now possible with this now such as side scrolling mega man style gameplay.... Classic streets of rage style RPGs this is way more involved than Open Bor
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:05:45 pm by IKEISLEGEND
#8  February 18, 2021, 05:56:09 pm
I answered that in previous comments but I can be done using vars to detect enemy's Position X and Position Y anywhere on the screen same for objects.. If you notice when Axel walks above the objects his sprite priority is drawn behind the object likewise in front as well. Stage interaction will be the same as classic beat em ups for now untill I come up with something more intresting

In your video Axel and the opponent are always very close to each other in terms of front/back distance.  What happens when you increase that distance even further?  Does the enemy just become completely unhittable past a certain distance?  You also have to factor in when the character is in the air too.

I could definitely see having enemies spawned as helpers on the stage by the "opponent character" (enemy team), then their internal variables could be used against the nearest opponent (player team) and depending on the calculations their sprrpriority values and "hittable" state are adjusted, but this could prove a bit more complicated as you add in more enemies/player characters.
#9  February 18, 2021, 06:25:56 pm
    • USA
I answered that in previous comments but I can be done using vars to detect enemy's Position X and Position Y anywhere on the screen same for objects.. If you notice when Axel walks above the objects his sprite priority is drawn behind the object likewise in front as well. Stage interaction will be the same as classic beat em ups for now untill I come up with something more intresting

In your video Axel and the opponent are always very close to each other in terms of front/back distance.  What happens when you increase that distance even further?  Does the enemy just become completely unhittable past a certain distance?  You also have to factor in when the character is in the air too.

I could definitely see having enemies spawned as helpers on the stage by the "opponent character" (enemy team), then their internal variables could be used against the nearest opponent (player team) and depending on the calculations their sprrpriority values and "hittable" state are adjusted, but this could prove a bit more complicated as you add in more enemies/player characters.

Well from what I have its behaving like a true beat em up, so no matter how far away the enemy is away they are always hittable. My code detects when  characters are in the air pretty well axel jumped a few time in the video it looked good.   

HIDDEN BOSS
#10  February 18, 2021, 06:32:59 pm
#11  February 18, 2021, 07:26:52 pm
    • USA
Well from what I have its behaving like a true beat em up, so no matter how far away the enemy is away they are always hittable.

Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uUnZMxgpbo&t=3m18s

Notice how when Axel attacks the enemy in front, the enemy behind is unaffected until Axel moves up to attack them.

Does your engine behave in the same fashion?

My engine has the same behavior..........   If this what you are referring to   https://streamable.com/3svaob
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:30:09 pm by IKEISLEGEND
#12  February 18, 2021, 07:33:54 pm
#13  February 18, 2021, 07:54:18 pm
    • USA
My engine has the same behavior..........   If this what you are referring to   https://streamable.com/3svaob

Yup that's it.  Looks like you've already got it covered.  You might want to disable shadows though and implement your own shadow engine since the characters are moving along the Y axis to go up and down.

thank you for your feedback, I do have a show engine started if you play attention to Axel though its unfinished at the moment. I main focus was to complete the movement system first before moving to other things.......

UPDATE 

can  you show video of what you were working on you said you were trying something like this??
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:03:00 pm by IKEISLEGEND
#14  February 19, 2021, 05:11:19 pm
UPDATE 

can  you show video of what you were working on you said you were trying something like this??

I never actually worked on an engine like this.  All I meant was I considered the idea, but the potential complications prevented me from starting anything.
#15  February 19, 2021, 10:30:51 pm
    • USA
HIDDEN BOSS
#16  February 20, 2021, 06:13:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
The 3D Zaxis walk is there. Im simply using a var to detect the players X Y distance from each other. I am trying something new with the enemies not able to walk through objects from a certain range it may or may not stay

OK, I'm impressed I was pretty sure such move had been deleted after winmugen.
And I never got serious about 1.0 and 1.1's improvements
#17  February 20, 2021, 06:25:43 pm
    • USA

OK, I'm impressed I was pretty sure such move had been deleted after winmugen.
And I never got serious about 1.0 and 1.1's improvements

It is deprecated so I had to figure out a way to implement it on my own sad thing is theres not many stages that are sor style
HIDDEN BOSS
#18  February 22, 2021, 07:27:15 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Will any character be able to just be plugged in or do they have to be patched or made just for this?
Re: History has been made
#19  February 23, 2021, 01:22:37 am
    • USA
Will any character be able to just be plugged in or do they have to be patched or made just for this?

They would have to patch to fit my new engine. What character did you have in mind??
HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 04:53:54 pm by IKEISLEGEND
Re: History Has Been Made Again ?
#20  February 26, 2021, 01:03:52 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Dcat sketch turner, sf2 ryu+, I just thought this would be customizable to the point we could make certain characters mid/sub-bosses and add in some cameo characters so we could make transitions to regular Mugen fights like a beat em up as character 1 in an arcade playthrough and character 2 be someone like bison and then another stage of beat em up with a different background of course as character 3 and so on?