Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#581  February 22, 2021, 05:40:15 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
i don't personally understand the appeal of seeing the same designs for several decades straight.

i also dont see any "evolution" in the designs of XV, its just correcting (to a point) the awful gfx decisions they made.

It is rather funny if you really think about it.
Beni & Iori has relatively updated looks while Kyo and Chizuru look as if they're from KOF'96.

I would say though that XV is coming out so far so good.
I like the roster and that's what's important right now.

I just wish they could speed things up just a little bit more.

We only have two teams and it's been MONTHS.
#582  February 22, 2021, 05:49:25 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Well, a character per week means four characters per month. By the end of March we'll only have seen 12 characters.
#583  February 22, 2021, 06:27:39 pm
Beni & Iori has relatively updated looks while Kyo and Chizuru look as if they're from KOF'96.
Kyo without his school uniform is still a big change from 96. The biker jacket is from 99 (the striker-only form, not the white jacket).
Either of these designs is way better than the K-pop hair from XIV that was a big departure from his recognizable hairstyle. Looking skinny as a stick didn't help. Now it looks like everyone is getting super buff with this art style, it's not perfect but I'll live with it better than the XIV style (I just hope the Ikari Warriors won't be back to the giant bubbling meat blobs from XII-XIII).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:31:54 pm by Byakko
#584  February 22, 2021, 06:54:55 pm
    • Brazil

What is K-Pop about XIV Kyo's hair? It's literally just hair with nothing special about it. People just love bitching about K-Pop every opportunity they have, even if they have to invent an excuse.
#585  February 22, 2021, 08:34:40 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
After watching SFV Dan's trailer, I feel what I didn't liked in KOF14 and still don't really like in 15.
Visually, I mean... (character models, body proportions, animations/interpolation between Key frames...)
#586  February 22, 2021, 10:42:15 pm
What is K-Pop about XIV Kyo's hair? It's literally just hair with nothing special about it. People just love bitching about K-Pop every opportunity they have, even if they have to invent an excuse.

his design in 14 was inspired from popular trendy styles in china. even the over all look of the characters were slimed down to fit in the current trend.

btw i've been watching trailers and it seems like they'll have jiggle physics present for certain characters like leona but not on mai.
#587  February 23, 2021, 03:44:03 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#588  February 23, 2021, 03:48:04 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
.... really? That's all they have to say?

They had more to say about Shun'ei and Meitenkun's friendship than about Chizuru's hype ass return?

What the hell, SNK?
#589  February 23, 2021, 05:41:12 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Even people at SNK are mad at Chizuru for killing Joe/Iori/Kyo. Team What Could've Been :V

Real talk though, that is kind of fair. Compared to everyone else who's been redesigned, Chizuru does seem to have the least amount of changes to her own outfit. Those little blurb things have always been specifically talking about the characters new looks and stuff and with Chizuru not being too terribly different, it kind of makes sense.
#590  February 23, 2021, 05:42:23 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Tbh I'm glad her design is very much the same because of her long absence. It would be INSANELY jarring if she had a huge redesign after 18 years of not being playable.
#591  February 23, 2021, 07:14:36 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
After watching SFV Dan's trailer, I feel what I didn't liked in KOF14 and still don't really like in 15.
Visually, I mean... (character models, body proportions, animations/interpolation between Key frames...)
I've really not been a fan of how weightless and lacking in impact the animations in both XIV and XV have been, but honestly, Chizuru's QCFx2 + k super in that trailer was one of the most shockingly inept and empty moves I've ever seen in a fighting game. Like, there wasn't even hitpause on any of the hits! Really disappointing stuff. :(
#592  February 23, 2021, 09:28:04 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yeah, the animations are lifeless
#593  February 23, 2021, 11:53:25 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
All the old Neo Geo Kof game me "great" feelings. (in the art part)
with KOF 12/13 I was so impressed!

Then they went 3D, like 99,9% of them now.
But their work in 3D is OK, but not "great".

Also, this is why I compared to how Dan looks full of life in SFV.

I'm glad KOF still exists, but just like the mobile games taking more and more from that licence, I feel KOF is not a priority for me anymore.
Even games like SoulCalibur or DOA looks better.

Again, KOF15 looks good, but not great. SNK used to make great looking games.
#594  February 23, 2021, 12:21:18 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
All the old Neo Geo Kof game me "great" feelings. (in the art part)
with KOF 12/13 I was so impressed!

Then they went 3D, like 99,9% of them now.
But their work in 3D is OK, but not "great".

I'm glad KOF still exists, but just like the mobile games taking more and more from that licence, I feel KOF is not a priority for me anymore.
Even games like SoulCalibur or DOA looks better.

Again, KOF15 looks good, but not great. SNK used to make great looking games.

I get this where you are coming from, the charm old game and nostalgia. I remember watching a video about guy talking animation regarding Kim Kaphwan and was critical of the 3D take in KOF XIV. The animations are not breathtaking or over the top, even I noticed a bit of issue in the last two trailers but I'm looking forward for two reasons like I had with KOF XIV, story and soundtrack. Maybe one day there will be KOF game that feels fluid and alive with animation, framerate etc. Yeah mobile titles are thing with SNK for a while but I am still hopeful for things to turn around optimistically.

CAPCOM is vastly different from SNK and given the company's situation it is ambiguous to know when they are able to deliver at 1000%. I mean when they got Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, who know if Street Fighter 6 will join in their graphics then the standard will be elevated to few more degrees.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#595  February 23, 2021, 05:34:22 pm
I've really not been a fan of how weightless and lacking in impact the animations in both XIV and XV have been, but honestly, Chizuru's QCFx2 + k super in that trailer was one of the most shockingly inept and empty moves I've ever seen in a fighting game. Like, there wasn't even hitpause on any of the hits! Really disappointing stuff. :(

i understand what you mean , but i still consider this as an improvement to 14.
#596  February 23, 2021, 07:06:21 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
.... really? That's all they have to say?

They had more to say about Shun'ei and Meitenkun's friendship than about Chizuru's hype ass return?

What the hell, SNK?

I believe they're hiding stuff about Chizuru. :v

but honestly, Chizuru's QCFx2 + k super in that trailer was one of the most shockingly inept and empty moves I've ever seen in a fighting game. Like, there wasn't even hitpause on any of the hits! Really disappointing stuff. :(

Her "Sanrai No Fujin" indeed doesn't look good at all, specially the envshake on it. Such a mess.
#597  February 25, 2021, 11:52:42 am
    • Argentina
 :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#598  February 25, 2021, 02:25:05 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
This theme is like they mixed up Fairy and New Order. I like it. :)

Also, new reveal will be only next week.
KOF XV will have rollback
#599  February 26, 2021, 06:21:04 pm
  • SNK is life
The magic word has been uttered. Maybe Twitter can relax their shit now and let us enjoy the trailers

#600  February 26, 2021, 07:37:40 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
its not so much a magic word as somethign that should be expected at this point