YesNoOk

Help to fix a char's SFF problem (Read 3945 times)

Started by TheDragon, March 03, 2021, 08:53:34 pm
Share this topic:
Help to fix a char's SFF problem
#1  March 03, 2021, 08:53:34 pm
Hi muGEN colleagues, I need your help to help me solve a problem related to a char

The situation is that I download a char for MUGEN 1.0, but at the time of selecting it I get a message due to the SFF error.

It should be mentioned that when I enter the character selection screen, I do not see the icon, only the name, but when I choose it I get this.

Someone to help me figure out this mistake, or I can tell you how to fix it, please. So I can finally play with him. I'd really appreciate it. Greetings. :)
Re: Help to fix a char's SFF problem
#2  March 03, 2021, 10:44:25 pm
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
Are you using Mugen 1.0? This generally happens when you are using a character with a version it was not made for.
Check the characer sff file version, v1.010 is for any MUGEN version, v2.000 requires MUGEN 1.0 or higher and v2.010 requires MUGEN 1.1.
#3  March 04, 2021, 09:39:54 pm
Yes, I'm using MUGEN 1.0, and I wanted to use a Char for 1.1, but I get that error message, you know how I can adapt that character to 1.0?
#4  March 05, 2021, 06:08:20 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

If it's just the sff, you can open the char with Fighter Factory and save the sff as 1.0. But if the char has more 1.1 things, it will have many issues. If the sff uses non indexed png sprites, it will not show correctly, if there is 1.1 exclusive coding (like zoom), it will give you an error, and so on.

In other words, it's better to switch to MUGEN 1.1, or you'll have a ton of work editing the char to work in 1.0.
#5  March 05, 2021, 07:38:58 am
Yes, thank you it helped me to change the sff to 1.0 and there were not many mistakes, thanks for the help, once again, greetings