YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734180 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2401  March 04, 2021, 03:51:13 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Next Mii Outfits revealed to be 3 sets from Monster Hunter and Arthur from Ghosts'N Goblins.

The latter is interesting as Arthur's name was on that list that showed characters Nintendo approved to add in Smash.

mii outfit dlc: the capcom edition for the quarter final round
#2402  March 04, 2021, 04:29:46 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Missed out the chance for a Chun-Li outfit to promote the rererelease of Super Turbo on the Switch.
#2403  March 04, 2021, 04:32:21 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
We're getting a lot of Mii costumes from Capcom.
Anyway I can't wait to play her for tommorow!
And Gold Pyra/Silver (or Platinum?) Mythra are gonna be my new mains!
This is fate.
#2404  March 04, 2021, 04:38:10 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Missed out the chance for a Chun-Li outfit to promote the rererelease of Super Turbo on the Switch.

You mean promoting Fortnite right? :)

They look good. I'm looking forward to playing them.
#2405  March 05, 2021, 04:07:01 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Pyra is so much fun, I recommend it guys 100%  :nuttrox: switching body into  mythra is so much fun because you get new techniques  I love her.! :coollove:
Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 04:18:05 am by yaret
#2406  March 05, 2021, 04:23:43 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Oh right, she came out today lol

The Arthur Mii costume is nice. Pretty timely -- same with the Monster Hunter set(s) returning. Though it feels a bit disconnected. Perhaps I'm just used to the previous Mii Costume reveals relating to the fighter, like the Minecraft and Final Fantasy skins for Steve and Sephiroth respectively.
#2407  March 05, 2021, 04:43:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So I wouldn't be able to try her out anyways for a while, but seems to me her Zelda/Sheik intention just made her a Cloud/faster Cloud character.  Dunno why that amuses me so, but it does.

I mean....guess good for me as I main Cloud and Samus if I ever wanted to try the character out, but I have zero connection with the character so pass.  At the very least until I someday maybe play her game when its on sale or something and potentially regret my 90 hour JRPG purchase?  Sakurai's comment on how overly detailed the character's mech outfit was in comparison to the rest of the roster made me chuckle at least, they are very out of place on the roster regardless of "worthiness" or whatnot.  They're just incredibly modern anime fanservice-y looking shmoes thrown in next to Yoshi and Pikachu.  Even the other anime swordsmen are less "anime" trope looking.

Monster Hunter mii returning kills off another persistent rumor.  At this point, what mii costumes from Smash 4 haven't come back yet?  I never bothered with them much in either game so I wouldn't know.
#2408  March 05, 2021, 04:52:33 am
    • USA
Ngl I honestly forgot the Monster Hunter mii costume even existed, but it does allow me to understand where the rumors arose from.

I think the only noteworthy one that has yet to come back is Lloyd's from Tales.
#2409  March 05, 2021, 05:04:45 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
So I wouldn't be able to try her out anyways for a while, but seems to me her Zelda/Sheik intention just made her a Cloud/faster Cloud character.  Dunno why that amuses me so, but it does.

I mean....guess good for me as I main Cloud and Samus if I ever wanted to try the character out, but I have zero connection with the character so pass.

it doesnt matter if you never played xenoblade to have fun with Pyra/mythra because their gameplay is so much fun so can say she's like Cloud but more flexible in their moves and switch body to mythra you get the Sephiroth move.xD
Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 05:16:37 am by yaret
#2410  March 05, 2021, 05:19:37 am
    • USA
it doesnt matter if you never played xenoblade to have fun with Pyra/mythra because their gameplay is so much fun so can say she's like Cloud but more flexible in their moves and switch body to mythra you get the Sephiroth move.xD

While it's true that you can have fun with characters that you don't have an inherent connection with, it's hard to PICK them cause you don't have a connection with them. I mean I don't play Xenoblade games so I have no desire to pick up and play with Pyra. I don't really know about her that well and I don't really have an interest in her because of it.

At least that's my reasons -- Smash is full of so many characters that nowadays we all gravitate towards the characters we resonate with.
#2411  March 05, 2021, 05:21:07 am
    • USA
I don't really care if others play whatever character stands out to them, have at it.  Personally, in a game about crossovers, I prefer to play as the characters I know and like.  That's all there is to it.

I also prefer to know a character first-hand as intended rather than have misconceptions seeded by artistic changes and/or censorship, which Smash is oh-so chock full of.  Don't get me wrong, Samus isn't accurate at all, she doesn't even conform to the other series getting new mainstream looks like Mario and Link and she's still stuck as Other M Samus, but I already know Metroid fairly in and out and the Smash 64 concessions to get characters in so it's not such a bother.  Also that's just Nintendo's stance on Metroid as a whole, which will never not baffle me, but that's a topic for another thread at another time.
#2412  March 05, 2021, 05:38:28 am
MONOLITHSOFT did a quick promo for Pyra/Mythra for their release. 
Why Terry or Sephiroth do not get this treatment I will never understand.

Also if you have P5 Strikers and GnG Resurrection, you'll get exclusive Spirits.

https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-again-talks-sword-fighters-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate-says-its-not-up-to-him-whether-they-get-in/

Sakurai: And in contrast, sword fighters are easy [to implement].

Nakamura: What do you mean?

Sakurai: Compare that with Steve.

No wonder Seph and the twins arrived early.  Also how he riffs on the amount of sword welders are is funny.  Even funnier is the amount of sword users sharing the same D-tilt.

You mean promoting Fortnite right? :)
:vanish:
Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 05:25:23 pm by Kirishima
#2413  March 06, 2021, 02:43:30 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
Couldn't get logged back in for like three weeks, what'd I miss?

New character? Again, disappointed, but at least this disappointment has a nice rack (or two).  :mlol: I was not expecting them of all people to be revealed. As per my usual custom, I'm not gonna try her until I see my little bro so we can experience it together, so maybe I'll wind up liking her a little. Kinda nice to see a 2-in-1 character again, takes me back to the good ol' days.

Not gonna lie, I was saddened seeing the Arthur Mii costume. I normally don't care about the Mii costumes "de-confirming" characters, but I was literally talking to my brother about how dope it'd be if Arthur got added (fresh off of GnG Resurrection coming out).

And those patch notes... good lord, those patch notes.

Wario
[Nerf] Up tilt's hitbox has a shorter duration (frames 11-19 → 11-15).
Wario Waft:
[Nerf] Has more startup for the third charge (frame 5 → 8).
[Nerf] Has more startup for max charge (frame 9 → 12).
[Buff] The super armor starts a frame earlier and lasts longer (5-10 → 4-13).

Look how they massacred my boy.  :mcry:
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#2414  March 06, 2021, 03:00:00 pm
This character is alright. Not great and not terrible. It's not the same energy hype as to say the reveal trailer of Cloud, Ridley or King K. Rool (That one was the best).

But I hope that the last two will be a big hype moment. Unfortunately, E3 and Comic Con are cancelled again. So, what to reveal them on a unexpected day? We have to wait and find out.
#2415  March 06, 2021, 04:33:17 pm
    • Mexico
I’m guessing Chun-Li/Crash and a Pokémon. Would rather not have the Pokémon but chances of another Pokémon are pretty high.
#2416  March 06, 2021, 05:33:07 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I’m guessing Chun-Li/Crash and a Pokémon. Would rather not have the Pokémon but chances of another Pokémon are pretty high.

yeah considering that pokemon turned 25 this year, I'm having high hopes for inteleon, but cinderace sound good as well, we never have a single rabbit in for smash, or rillaboom sounds good considering it's another pokemon based on the strongest type of monkey a gorilla
#2417  March 06, 2021, 09:12:31 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
What do you mean there is no rabbits in Smash? There's the Rabbit Hood item which is even better. Cinderance would be horrid because of the Lucario ship fanart by the droves too.
#2418  March 06, 2021, 10:39:40 pm
It's safe to assume there won't be a Pokémon for DLC as the only thing Smash is doing for their anniversary is a timed tourney for now.

Twins are ok.  Mythra I can see performing way better in competitive than Pyra, but both are proned to being gimped.
#2419  March 06, 2021, 11:08:59 pm
    • USA
While I would be frankly annoyed with a gen 8 pokemon showing up, now that we've moved past that and the Next Big Thing to promote is returning to gen 4, I would genuinely be very excited and quite grateful if we got Cynthia and Garchomp, an actual great Pokemon character with history and one of the most popular actual pokemon monsters as well to boot.

Not that I'm going to give myself false hope, but now is legit the best opportunity for such an inclusion, and I would imagine would be a fairly welcome one.  The Pokemon roster generally doesn't fall into the swordfighter trope of being too similar no matter what they do, a Garchomp to play as simply wouldn't play like Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, or any of the rest in there.  Also that brings another boss-type character to the roster, if not a "villain" per say.
#2420  March 07, 2021, 12:30:21 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
^ I don't know about a new Pokemon to promote the new remakes.  For all intents and purposes Lucario is the Gen 4 pick and he's already in.

Twins are ok.  Mythra I can see performing way better in competitive than Pyra, but both are proned to being gimped.

IMO, they feel more like they're designed to be played in tandem from the get-go.  It's not like Melee where you're either playing as Zelda or playing as Sheik; to get the most out of them you should be playing both.  Fight with Mythra, kill with Pyra.