YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 744739 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#701  March 18, 2021, 05:11:26 pm
    • Netherlands
Kinda underwhelming that they didn't evolve his design in any meaningful way. I really like how some of the characters feature more streamlined takes on their classic attire (like Kyo) but Terry just plays it safe.
#702  March 18, 2021, 05:58:25 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I'm actually glad that Terry is back to his old design. Power Dunk, Power Charge and Rising Tackle? I'm sold! Love the idea for his Climax Super, although it's a shame that Michael Max is in the background I'd like to see more old school characters joining in. Still, the Fatal Fury 2/Special sound bite was a nice touch before actually seeing the team in action.

It'd be nice if we started to see whole teams announced soon, a character per week is dragging it out a bit, lol
#703  March 18, 2021, 08:05:52 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If SNK keeps following the current pattern for reveals, this is how I predict will be the reveal schedule for the next weeks:

*24/03: Robert Garcia
*31/03: Either Clark, Kula or King
*07/04: Ryo Sakazaki
*14/04: Either Ralf, Maxima or Mai, depending on who we got on the 31
*21/04: another random character, unrelated to the characters from the 31 and 14
*28/04: Either Leona, K' or whoever is the last member of the Women team, again depending on who we got on the 31 and 14
#704  March 18, 2021, 09:32:58 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Wait... if Andy looks that good now, what on EARTH would Robert look like?? (Please, PLEASE ditch the XIV and NGBC looks, although I wouldn't mind his 2003 look!)
#705  March 19, 2021, 03:34:20 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190

#706  March 20, 2021, 02:36:34 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
SNK plays safe by returning with the classic outfit for Terry. And damn, that new Climax looks amazing!
#707  March 20, 2021, 02:38:01 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
SNK: Doesn't play it safe
Also SNK: Goes bankrupt twice

... in a way I kinda get why they're playing it super safe nowadays.
#708  March 20, 2021, 09:04:37 am
    • Brazil
What I want to know is when will they start to actually shatter expectations. So far, the only surprising thing they did was revealing Chizuru, which isn't that surprising.
#709  March 21, 2021, 01:22:27 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Then what exactly you expect?

They maybe are saving the better stuff for later. Just be patient.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#710  March 21, 2021, 01:28:18 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
We may not be getting some big XV news until the next Japanese FG Roundtable and who knows when that'll be before the next major news in EVO Online.

Till then we're stuck with weekly trailers for the obvious reveals that are high on orange juices.
#711  March 21, 2021, 02:04:53 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I just think SNK is going about all this stuff way too slowly.

I'd kinda prefer if they began doing a team reveal a week, or if they can't do that, at least two reveals a week. This one-reveal-a-week (prioritizing characters we already have seen in XIV, minus Chizuru) is getting a bit... taxing.
#712  March 21, 2021, 03:13:56 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Showing a single character each week allows them to program the game at their own pace without worries while still keeping a steady income of news.
#713  March 21, 2021, 03:25:11 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I think I get the logic behind it; doing minor updates in a slow pace, and occasionally show some brand new stuff from time to time, might be better than just waiting the same amount of time showing nothing at all, and then releasing one or two 'big' updates before hiding in the shadows for a long period again, until the game's release.

They're showing that the project is going steadily, and I'm honestly satisfied with that. "But then..."

you could always make some kind of teasers, for the stuff that is still in progress... That could allow for some more healthy discussion, while still building hype for the game during it's own development.

Just saying... They did something like that with the DLC silhouettes in KoF XIV, and I think mostly everyone can agree that it was a success. ;)
(they did the same for SNK Heroines yeah, but the whole concept of that game was always to attend a niche part of their audience anyway.)

Now,

if you wanna really, actually shatter my expactations, SNK...

...then, resurrect just 1 fighter from either the Sports Team, or the Maximum Impact saga - because I seriously think they might just never bother enough with those poor characters again. :lipsrsealed2:

Hey, in a slightly different topic now...

Giving the evident frequency of SNK reusing assets from their previous projects... What might be the odds of them bringing up someone from their 'pretty much' KoF XIV lookalike - SNK Heroines? (i.e. Shermie, Jeanne D'Arc... maybe Skullomania too, I dunno)

Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:23:49 pm by NDSilva
#714  March 21, 2021, 10:37:15 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I remember seeing the USA Sports team revealed for '98. Whilst they were never going to be as popular as Terry, Ryo, Kyo etc... the hype was decent for them. That, and I really like Brian. :)

Bringing back  the Sports Team, New Face Team, Saishu.. even Jhun, would be something. Bringing in MI Characters? Doubtful, but it'd be wild if the Meira brothers and say, Lien formed a team.
#715  March 23, 2021, 12:26:00 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I think that this week or some other will have a new character debut because that would be interesting, like Kukri or maybe a former character who was present in Ash saga.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#716  March 24, 2021, 03:58:42 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 05:32:43 am by videoman
#717  March 24, 2021, 08:16:24 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
There's a fair amount of speculation about it. Most obvious would be Ryo, but that collar and it looks like he's wearing a jacket? I'm actually hoping that it's Ryo in some funky new threads, but we'll see soon enough. :)
#718  March 24, 2021, 11:42:29 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Lol, just quickly after my rant about SNK not teasing characters more like they did in the previous game! ;P Jk

I do hope they will keep doing this for a few more times.

There's a fair amount of speculation about it. Most obvious would be Ryo, but that collar and it looks like he's wearing a jacket? I'm actually hoping that it's Ryo in some funky new threads, but we'll see soon enough. :)

Ryo with a jacket

#719  March 24, 2021, 11:46:42 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Oh, oh this is interesting.

I think it's Shen or Ryo, but since Ryo is buffer than Shen, I'd wager it's Ryo.

Or... an entirely new character lol
#720  March 24, 2021, 12:08:02 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
The hair seems a bit too small for Shen... although, who's to say he didn't get a haircut? XD